Who is the real villain of Cyberpunk 2077?

+

Who is the real villain(s) of Cyberpunk 2077?

• Arasaka (Corp)

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Saburo Arasaka

Votes: 29 36.7%
  • Yorinobu Arasaka

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Hanako Arasaka

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Alt Cunningham

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Johnny Silverhand

• V

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Judy

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Fingers

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Nibbles

• Total voters
Nibbles. He creeps me out. It seems like he knows more than V does, which is unsettling. OK, not a villain then, maybe but the fear of unknown that Nibbles represents.

:disapprove: I wish V never adopted it.

Nibbles. He creeps me out. It seems like he knows more than V does, which is unsettling. OK, not a villain then, maybe but the fear of unknown that Nibbles represents.

:disapprove: I wish V never adopted it.
Since V is designed to play the role of a fool (a very tough one, but still, a fool), most things in the game are probably smarter than V. I don't doubt that Nibbles is among them.
Post automatically merged:

Johnny Silverhand. He ruined my entire experience with the game.
I used to feel that way, but eventually he grew on me. Both he and V are victims of Darth Saburo.

Both he and V are victims of Darth Saburo.
That's my thought :)
Even if he's really an asshole during 75% of the game, Johnny didn't ask :
  • To be soukilled (and indeed, to die).
  • To be stored in Mikoshi during 50 years.
  • To be put on the Relic (by Yorinobu).
  • To V, to attempt to steal the Relic.
  • To V, to put the Relic in his/her own head.
  • To Dex, to shoot in V's head.
  • To the Relic to "replace" V's consciousness by his own one.

strange, similar topic was already here somewhere, but I can't find it. but its true I am a bit drunk. I already said it and I am going to say it again. The true villain of cyberpunk 2077 is that unknown who controls mr and mrs parallez and maybe other politics also. the ones who can call you, make you blind and don't let any tracks. its pure evil for me and its missing in your poll.

I wonder if there was a 'no one' option in the poll, how popular it would have been. Or maybe it wouldn't have....

Because I am not sure CP77 has a true villain.

social networks
how?

It was a huge clusterfuck created by all these people(except judy,panam and nibbles).

I want cdpr to create a new character who's soul purpose would be to kill them all . I thought V would do that but she/he was just a pawn in all this mess.

Who's the villain of Cyberpunk 2077?
Night City.
The city itself. A concentration of individuals with unique goals to reach the summit...surrounded by masses that want to be connected to the shortest route to the top. That's thousands of matches surrounded by square miles of kindling.

Anyway, I'm quite surprised by the list of "possible villains" available. I imagine it's because the list is influenced by opinions :)
Because I would add some other names :
  • Smasher - For obvious reasons.
  • Panam - Who has very "easy revenge".
  • Placide - Who use V as a kamikaz drone.
  • Brigitte - Who lie to V and use him/her only for contact Alt (don't care if V die or not. It doesn't matter after V walks through the black wall...)
  • Goro - Who use V only to retrieve his past life and his honor.
  • Dex - Who kill V to try to save his fat ass.
I chose Hanako. ( that whole family was all sorts of disturbance.
Yup, I chose NetWatch over VDB! V woke up, they were fried, Especially Bridgette, fried. I haven’t shot a gun because of my NetRun build is op. Some were looking for me, I literally took a stroll towards them as they off themselves, System reset, And Placid took 3 steps as his system reset + System Circuit, overheat & contagion as a gift in his system.. his body dropped with a scream. I didn’t take his stupid coat. My V out NetRun there sorry (beep).
Im trying to figure out who to vote. Silverhand what an annoyance. But he was living in the past,,It’s all he had..so I got used to him. Still he was, argh!
Nibbles? So long as the cat & iguana stays in V’s original place and not my Corpo Plaza, there not villains. Hanako who I wish was romance to be honest had these evil eyes.

Dex is one I wanted to massacre in the most horrifying way, disturbing to must if I comment on that, but I won’t.

I agree 1 thing you pointed out. Takamura was just saving face. He oh, so, wanted to help V because he cares. He wanted his job back, facts. But he died & so did Oda. It was so obvious. Panam wasn’t a villain. You help her, she helps you..She’d do anything for V.

Saburo? He was definitely an interesting one. That whole family was crazy!! Wish Dex was in that list. Ppl talk bad about Corporation, but look at the gangs, just as bad but no money, That’s the difference yet just think about that. Hypocritical and double standards!

Anyway, I'm quite surprised by the list of "possible villains" available. I imagine it's because the list is influenced by opinions :)
  • Brigitte - Who lie to V and use him/her only for contact Alt (don't care if V die or not. It doesn't matter after V walks through the black wall...)
Anyway, I'm quite surprised by the list of "possible villains" available. I imagine it's because the list is influenced by opinions
oops, double comment. Sorry.

Last edited:

"WHO IS THE REAL VILLAIN OF CYBERPUNK 2077?"

Yorinobu Arasaka.
You're sure ?
In my opinion, it's a "fake" villain :)
It's like Johnny, good intentions, (very) bad methods
Yorinobu to V about Saburo during the Devil Ending, the only moment where V can discuss with Yorinobu :
Yorinobu : "Kyoto, dubai, paris... These people have a chance today... But they lost it."
V : "A chance...? A chance for what...?"
Yorinobu : "To forget their fear."
V : "This how you help poeple... forget their fear ? By killing them...? Sorry... Just don't get it."
Yorinobu : "Fear... Ever since I can remember. One thing I cannot deny, he knew how to cause fear in poeple."
V : "Saburo..."
Yorinobu : "He once told me anything of value is only a flag blowing in wind. And wind is fear. And then... you know what he did ? Blew my face. That was the one time he was wrong. And others ? It worked on them. They feared him. Even now. You saw ! Idiots terrified of a dead man talking from a box ! Pathetic. I would change that. If only you did not appear."
V : "You're even worse than him. Saburo ruled... with an iron fist, but he didn't... need a purge... to hold onto power."
Yorinobu : "Power ? You... you think I wanted power ? Fifty years ago terrorists blew this building into smoke."
V : "Yeah... so I heard."
Yorinobu : "And...? What it give us ?"
V : "Not much."
Yorinobu : "Nothing ! But I learned lesson ! If planting bomb not enough, what can you do ? You become bomb."

I don't know if there is any obvious villain in the game.

In my opinion I would say Silverhand as he is pretty much a straight up terrorist killing countless of innocents.

Clearly it is wrong of Yorinobu Arasaka to kill his father and blame V and Jackie for it, but then again they did break in and try to steal stuff, killing 100s of people in the process. So guess all of them are equally bad in their own way. :)

Besides that, I don't really think CP has any main villains to be honest, its more random people with their own agendas and screwed up morals going around and killing people left and right really, including V :)

Not that its a huge problem, because for the most part it actually works.

I would have to say Mr. Nibbles don't let his feline cuteness fool you for a minute
when your back is turned, cats are really plotting to take over the world.

Alt Cunningham. Lets face it. She is basically Skynet.
I also think the big villain in Cyberpunk 2077 goes unnoticed. For me, Alt is a despicable figure. Before being kidnapped by Arasaka, she was already developing the infamous Soulkiller for ITS Corporation. Arasaka just used her knowledge. But the program's foundations came from the mind of this cursed netrunner. Ultimately, she became the first victim of a program of her own making.

I don't know if there is any obvious villain in the game.

In my opinion I would say Silverhand as he is pretty much a straight up terrorist killing countless of innocents.

Clearly it is wrong of Yorinobu Arasaka to kill his father and blame V and Jackie for it, but then again they did break in and try to steal stuff, killing 100s of people in the process. So guess all of them are equally bad in their own way. :)

Besides that, I don't really think CP has any main villains to be honest, its more random people with their own agendas and screwed up morals going around and killing people left and right really, including V :)

Not that its a huge problem, because for the most part it actually works.
And there's more: how did he get a nuclear bomb? Militech is the answer. In the end Johnny is just rockerboy angry with Arasaka for having liquidated whoever first conceived Soulkiller, the despicable Alt. In short: Johnny's entire anti-corpes speech is an immense exercise in hypocrisy.

Last edited:
I also think the big villain in Cyberpunk 2077 goes unnoticed. For me, Alt is a despicable figure. Before being kidnapped by Arasaka, she was already developing the infamous Soulkiller for ITS Corporation. Arasaka just used her knowledge. But the program's foundations came from the mind of this cursed netrunner. Ultimately, she became the first victim of a program of her own making.
Not "true" ;)
Alt Cunningham
Fascinated by the development of artificial intelligence Alt made a breakthrough in the transfer and containment of intelligence - both AI and the human mind. The unnamed program was able to transfer the users mind into the net and explore independent of their existing body. Her employer ITS capitalized on the breakthrough and developed it further into a weapon known as the Soulkiller - Instead of transferring personalities, it imprisoned them.

Top Bottom