Who is waiting for patch 1.05 to ACTUALLY fix the FPS drops before they start playing again?

+

Who is waiting for patch 1.05 to ACTUALLY fix the FPS drops before they start playing again?

• Yes

Votes: 52 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 23.5%

• Total voters
You can COUNT ME IN. Haven't touched the game since 1.02.

This is the first console game where the frame rate killed the immersion for me.

My PC can handle withcher 3 at high, but I wanted it for my ps4 due to how my setup is running.

Not touching the game until they really fix it.

//SIGNED

Well it's almost out of beta and ready for release, I think we've all done a decent job being cdpr qa testers, hopefully when they make the ps4 version playable when it rains/cast signs/wind/dust/swamp basically any effect in game, they'll announce the games official release, only for real this time.

I started playing a little again. But there are some weird bugs outside of the framerate issue still being a problem. I was at a card table and the flame on a candle kept turning on and off during a cut scene. Also some strange graphical glitches of things vanishing then reappearing, like bits of sky and tree branches showing up through walls.

Fps should not be addressed right nor nor anytime soon. They need to bring back the visuals and fix the bugs. Fps was fine and still is. Just everything else is going to hell as they try to give you guys like 2-3 increased fps lol Its not worth it at all. Breaking console just to get zero dips does not interest me. I'd rather have a game that is playabe and looks nice than unplayable, looks like crap but runs at 30 fps in swamps lol (30 FPS!!! Come on) 1.02 was great now look at the game. Ghost towns and inability to complete quest all over fps, which most of us never noticed or cared. If we did like you guys, we would go to pc. I have a sweet alienware I use for making games but hate playing them on it. Might go to pc now though because at least I can go back on patches.. Only DLC I use is the barber but I am fine without it to have a playable game. Wish you guys would understand what you own and accept it. Consoles are always going to have crap fps.

Last edited:
Wish you guys would understand what you own and accept it. Consoles are always going to have crap fps.

Thank you! I wanted to be able to stretch out on the couch and play with a controller in my hand, thats why i bought the PS4 version and not the PC.(That and my wife intends to play so the PS4 version gives her the opportunity to as well). I don't like the PC controls and I hate using a controller on the PC. I knew i was sacrificing fps (and visuals to a lesser extent) by getting a console game, but i would be gaining a better gaming experience for myself. If i cared about graphics that much over story/gameplay I'd have stuck to my PC rig that will play this game on high without a hiccup, but that's not what i wanted. I realize that people really want to squeeze the most performance they can out of the hardware they are using, PS4 in this case; however, you have accept some limitations and some downsides. It goes both direction too. You gain and lose going from PC to Console and vice versa for each persons individual preferences.

As I said earlier, yes I understand and agree that some people might be having performance issues. I believe that your issues are going to be addressed in some fashion. Whether or not that get address as fast as you would like, or even to your liking is yet to be seen. They will be addressed though. CDPR isn't going to just leave you out to dry.

Consoles are always going to have crap fps.

The performance problems are not subjective or opinion - they are a fact. Performance analysis with the latest PS4 patch shows massive drops in certain areas and with certain weather/spell effects.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen plenty of games run with flawless frame rate so far this generation. I think it would be more apt to state that a poorly designed console game will run poorly on consoles...Rockstar didn't have any issues achieving a smooth frame rate without "breaking the console." I think this just proves CD are no where close to the bar many other current gen developers, which I know is sad, but if a small company can't achieve the same production quality as a larger competitor and they both charge the same price for the end product, why should they get my money or business. Honestly they ripped everyone off by hiring a smaller team and spending less man hours in development. CD's profit margin grew and production cost fell, it becomes apparent when you look at the money and man hours spent on this game compared to GTA V What their financial plan was. I just hope R Star start making rpg's so we can have something worth paying for... Instead of settling.

Last edited:
I am part of the minority, yeah the minority of the game's forum.. which you mainly join for problems you might have,

How do you explain multiple dedicated game performance site results confirming severe frame rate drops?

I guess they were unlucky and or making a big deal out of nothing.

Bearing in mind not a single 1 has shown a perfect fine and dandy ps4 version or EVEN an acceptable 1.

You can sit there and bash all day but you can't argue facts.

Seems like you're the 1 burying your head in the sand.

This problem is no sacred secret. It's well documented.

i still cant even play the game! it crashes right as there camping under the tree in the intro cut scene! i have been trying to get it running for 5 days now, after i tried all i could think of install, reinstall, reinitialize ps4, try playing with now patchs, turn on turn off, called sony and they said its the game not your hardware because your other games play fine. sick of it crashing to the ps4 screen with error ce-34878-0. so to answer this poll yes i am forced to wait for them to put out another patch before i can even see what everyone else is complaining about.

I don't think i can wait anymore. Seriously, why did we buy this game for full price if price is already going down atm to 40$ waiting for patch to fix framerate. Never preordering again

i'm not playing again until i have at least the same graphics quality as pre patch 1.04

Wow guys I'm not saying this game is technically perfect. I'm just saying I haven't come across all these issues people have been complaining about. NOT playing it just for some technical issue sounds stupid to me, easy as that

i cant even load the game up to play it without getting the CE-34878-O error code! in effect my games broken! i loved the game, played it for over 100 hours now i cant even play it for a minute!

Yeah, I'll give it another patch before i officially give up.
To be honest though, i didn't expect them to do much fps fixing in 1.04, they even said so themselves.
But i also don't expect much anymore after seeing how many things they broke in 1.04.

I don't think i can wait anymore. Seriously, why did we buy this game for full price if price is already going down atm to 40$ waiting for patch to fix framerate. Never preordering again

Yep, while i came to the conslusion this game wont be playable for me for at least another fortnight, i went to my local game store for a new game or two.
And there she was, The witcher 3 with 30 percent off :( That is like a FU right there. Lesson learned lol.
Got The Last of Us remastered and Wolfenstein btw, a heavenly experience of 1080p 60 fps liquid smoothness streaming right into my eyeballs
Literally, a sight for sore eyes.

Wow guys I'm not saying this game is technically perfect. I'm just saying I haven't come across all these issues people have been complaining about. NOT playing it just for some technical issue sounds stupid to me, easy as that

Considering this is about the game's fairly common performance drops "just some technical issue" doesn't even come close. You've already made it clear you don't see the difference between 20fps and 30fps so not sure what you're still doing here.

Seriously - what the hell is so wrong with us wanting to play this game as it was intended? It is an absolute fact this game plays worse currently on the PS4 than the other systems. Are you really an XBONE fan in disguise trying to stop performance fixes coming to this console?

Last edited:
I'm tired of saying the same things . It's useless...CDPR don't reply to this problem.
If the 1.05 patch don't fix the frame rate i will sell the game.
What we are ? Beta ( more like alpha ) testers ? You should pay us.
Thanks CDPR. Enjoy our money.

Last edited:
I'm thinking if I can get a refund for this game, wait to upgrade my GPU, and grab it on PC for $20.

This is the 3rd / 4th patch and the frames are still fucking shit. I have no more patience.

Top Bottom