Who is waiting for patch 1.05 to ACTUALLY fix the FPS drops before they start playing again?

+

Who is waiting for patch 1.05 to ACTUALLY fix the FPS drops before they start playing again?

• Yes

Votes: 52 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 23.5%

• Total voters
Wow guys I'm not saying this game is technically perfect. I'm just saying I haven't come across all these issues people have been complaining about. NOT playing it just for some technical issue sounds stupid to me, easy as that

It's not the fact you're "not saying the game is technically perfect"

It's the fact you feel the need to continually express how well the game performs for you, and by association, belittling others claims that tha FR is poor. Whether intentional or not.

Nobody cares if it runs well for you or that you're not susceptible to it.

This is a thread about FR Issues.

You don't have them.

We do.

Move on.

Trying to get a refund for my digital purchase if the next patch doesn't lock the frames to 30FPS.

Hopefully I still have hype to to play the game on PC when I upgrade my 270x. If not? well shit...

Trying to get a refund for my digital purchase if the next patch doesn't lock the frames to 30FPS.

Hopefully I still have hype to to play the game on PC when I upgrade my 270x. If not? well shit...

I'm not going to tell you "the frame rate isn't THAT bad" because I been there with the pevious patches while others were tryna tell me I was making a big deal out of nothing. But it does seem to have improved and you'll be missing out by trading the game or getting a refund. Just my opinion.

@BloodyWitcher Can't get a refund, just got off with SONY and they don't refunds for any reasons they claim is necessary for a refund. Apparently a broken game on their platform is not worthy of a refund. Good to know.

The frames are still THAT bad. Have you seen latest DF analysis? In some cases 1.04 is worse than previous. Only some areas have been improved, frame pacing is better and the camera stutter is completely gone. Frame drops are still there, especially in the Bog and Novigrad. The game is still not playable.

Now I have no choice but to wait, and never purchase Digital again.

The game is still not playable.

For an unplayable game, myself and plenty of other people sure as hell played a lot of it. ;) Not trying to say your experience is diminished, but saying the game is "unplayable" on the PS4 is a bit of an exaggeration.

@BloodyWitcher Can't get a refund, just got off with SONY and they don't refunds for any reasons they claim is necessary for a refund. Apparently a broken game on their platform is not worthy of a refund. Good to know.

The frames are still THAT bad. Have you seen latest DF analysis? In some cases 1.04 is worse than previous. Only some areas have been improved, frame pacing is better and the camera stutter is completely gone. Frame drops are still there, especially in the Bog and Novigrad. The game is still not playable.

Now I have no choice but to wait, and never purchase Digital again.

call your CC company not sony

@birthday_massacre Like that'll go over any better, but worth a shot if 1.05 doesn't fix the unplayable framerates and constant drops.

@CS1976 Hmm... true, but the games still unplayable, and frames are still dropping, 19, 20. Unplayable, unacceptable, wasn't ready for PS4 launch, and needs to get fixed ASAP. How you people can cope with this, and claim It's playable is BEYOND me.

I have seen plenty of games run with flawless frame rate so far this generation. I think it would be more apt to state that a poorly designed console game will run poorly on consoles...Rockstar didn't have any issues achieving a smooth frame rate without "breaking the console." I think this just proves CD are no where close to the bar many other current gen developers, which I know is sad, but if a small company can't achieve the same production quality as a larger competitor and they both charge the same price for the end product, why should they get my money or business. Honestly they ripped everyone off by hiring a smaller team and spending less man hours in development. CD's profit margin grew and production cost fell, it becomes apparent when you look at the money and man hours spent on this game compared to GTA V What their financial plan was. I just hope R Star start making rpg's so we can have something worth paying for... Instead of settling.

CDRP is not a small company, and salaries in Poland are not comparable with other places. In fact, Final Fantasy XV team is smaller than Witcher 3 team.

---------- Updated at 07:10 AM ----------

I'm tired of saying the same things . It's useless...CDPR don't reply to this problem.
If the 1.05 patch don't fix the frame rate i will sell the game.
What we are ? Beta ( more like alpha ) testers ? You should pay us.
Thanks CDPR. Enjoy our money.

We aren´t beta tester. We are second-rate users. First-rate users are windows and xbone users.

Fortunately, PS4 sales = PC+XBONE sales, so much people is realizing what kind of company is CDPR.

For an unplayable game, myself and plenty of other people sure as hell played a lot of it. ;) Not trying to say your experience is diminished, but saying the game is "unplayable" on the PS4 is a bit of an exaggeration.

It's playable with a lot of suffering. Exploration and combat at 20fps is not funny dude. I prefer not to suffer when playing excellent games like this one. Like XB1 users, for instance.

I am going to wait a few moths before picking this one back up. There are way too many bugs. The framerate is the least of my concerns compared to broken quests, stats, skills... I didn't think I was going to pay $60 to be a Beta tester...

I can only say that it is sad, because i bought the PS4 specially for this game. It is playable but it has nothing to do with the real "no lag" immersion.
If there is nothing You can do, just downgrade the graphic. Its better than lags.
It is sad that the first big game for this console is killing it. Just throw out some graphic stuff and let us play.

Quest bugs are not that scarry, and i understand that it is hard to seek them out before the premiere, but lags? You knew that they will be there, and You simply sell "broken" game. Do something to change the performance pls.

Last edited:
Same here the constant fps drops to 20 in swamps makes me cry. That said I love the game and I hope there will be a fix for the issues 'cause the rest of the game is masterpiece. Aside CDPR has a lot of experience for DX api because the Witcher 1 and 2 are mainly Windows only games. Witcher 2 eventually came out on Xbox360 but because it's an MS machine it has DirectX 9. This is the first PS game they ever done and I'm guessing they don't really know how to fully use the software to utilize the hardware yet. Give CDRP some time maybe they are working on the solution.

Hmm... I dunno guys.

They are completly ignoring anyone who brings up ps4 fps issues on their social media tools.

Seeing how people give their complete faith to these devs, clearly they must have a great track record.

Haven't played since 1.02/Velen/swamps, the fps completly killed the immersion for me

Hmm... I dunno guys.

They are completly ignoring anyone who brings up ps4 fps issues on their social media tools.

Seeing how people give their complete faith to these devs, clearly they must have a great track record.

Haven't played since 1.02/Velen/swamps, the fps completly killed the immersion for me

Yeah same im on hold until they fix the framerate.

This game is incredible. I'm finally at the end of my first playthrough. But during the Battle of Kaer Morhen there were some fat FPS drops with all the action on screen. By far the lowest I have seen it dip.

I really hope they can smooth things out before New Game Plus arrives.

Last edited:
Fps is a big issue even after patch 1.04, the camera stutter still exists if you look closely when Gerald is on horse back and riding at walking pace, the frame stutters at the end of each step. I've had big frame rate issue's on the south region of skelliges main island, it drops below 20fps every 5 seconds :(. I hope the next patch fixes these issues, it's making this game unplayable.

If you bought a console only for TW3, you made the wrong choice... u should have bought an Xbox one... the game is fantastic on it, i've made the mistake to buy ps4 copy 1st because u know... 40% more powerful etc... ok it's 1080p but a slideshow... Xbox version never dips, only in Velen swamps when storming it dips at 27/28 AND THAT'S THE WORST CASE! Go to Gamersyde if you don't trust me...
i even bought CE for ps4... 150€!!! What a joke, now i'm looking for a xbox CE!

Top Bottom