Who is waiting for patch 1.08 to (actually) fix the PS4 performance before playing again?

+

Who is waiting for patch 1.08 to (actually) fix the PS4 performance before playing again?

• I'm still waiting

Votes: 65 73.9%
  • I'm playing it now

Votes: 23 26.1%

• Total voters
In game music has dissapeared for me which is a killer. I've waited 6 weeks to get back into this superb world after not getting xp from green quests after 1.03 which never got rectified in the following patches.

Was hoping all would be well with 1.07 but was sadly mistaken. So to answer the poll...yes I'm still waiting. The poll results are overwhelming only 23 people but still....CDPR would want to see peeps playing their game rather than it gathering dust.

Last edited:
That is stupid, this game is not optimized enough for PS4. Uncharted 4 have pretty better graphics, IA and particles and is solid 30fps. MGS V is running to 60fps. Infamous is running over 40 fps.

Yes and they are all what? PS4 exclusives, those games are optimised for PS4 and their developers are pretty big budget.

CDPR are a small developer and have limited resources working on 3 seperate platforms. I'm not defending them I'm just trying to be realistic, I myself have no problem with the games performance, I don't notice the frame rate drops to be totally honest, my game hasn't been interrupted never mind ruined by them.

I have way more complaints about quest level choices in relation to the main story, I've never been punished in an RPG before by exploring, I've got to a point where I'm way ahead of story quest levels through doing side ones.

Edit: Sorry MGS V is multi platform but big budget but more importantly isn't released yet, chicken before egg comes to mind.

Last edited:
I have to believe than that you are never going to play it. Unless they make a copy which takes us back a few console generations graphics wise, then it won't be a frame rate issue but terrible blocky graphics. I guess you could always buy a top end PC and perhaps get the performance you require going in that direction, because I can't honestly see the PS4 developing a spontaneous Performance increase in the future.

CDPR are concerned with maximising performance over all platforms and the PS4 is only going to suffer more than less as they cater for both consoles rather than optimise for one. 1.07 seems to be proof of this as, supposedly, the frame rate was locked at 20fps to cater for the XB1. As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for.

You do not need a "high end" PC to achieve 30 fps in witcher 3 or any other PC game for that matter. A PS4 (7870) is more than capable to run this game at 1080p/30 fps.

Yes and they are all what? PS4 exclusives, those games are optimised for PS4 and their developers are pretty big budget.

CDPR are a small developer and have limited resources working on 3 seperate platforms. I'm not defending them I'm just trying to be realistic, I myself have no problem with the games performance, I don't notice the frame rate drops to be totally honest, my game hasn't been interrupted never mind ruined by them.

I have way more complaints about quest level choices in relation to the main story, I've never been punished in an RPG before by exploring, I've got to a point where I'm way ahead of story quest levels through doing side ones.

Edit: Sorry MGS V is multi platform but big budget but more importantly isn't released yet, chicken before egg comes to mind.

Don't care how big studio they are. They took everyones money and did not deliver a stable product. If you don't have frame rate issues why are you here? You're in a thread dedicated to performance issues, so how does you opinion help us?

A PS4 (7870) is more than capable to run this game at 1080p/30 fps.

Clearly in your opinion it's not othewise you wouldn't be here complaining? Perhaps your knowledge of the capabilities of the PS4 and the game mechanics would allow you to guide the developers in correcting the frame rate issues you are having.

You're in a thread dedicated to performance issues, so how does you opinion help us?

I guess you've got me there, I originally posted to state I wasn't having frame rate issues and I'm playing a game I consider stable enough. Others, like yourself may not agree with me but I'm entitled to post my opinion, this thread like the rest of the forum is open for discussion.

This will be my final post in this thread as I'm unwilling to get into a heated argument where insults are hurled. I suggest we agree to disagree.

Last edited:
I'm playing it. I'll just deal with the problems.

Can't really wait another 2 months anymore. Need to finish this game for once or i'll simply lose interest and put it aside for good. and i don't want to do that, i waited too long for this game and apart from the issues, it's too damn good.

You do not need a "high end" PC to achieve 30 fps in witcher 3 or any other PC game for that matter. A PS4 (7870) is more than capable to run this game at 1080p/30 fps.

Don't care how big studio they are. They took everyones money and did not deliver a stable product. If you don't have frame rate issues why are you here? You're in a thread dedicated to performance issues, so how does you opinion help us?

MGS 5 is not exclusive game. Even Batman with Unreal Engine 3 is better on PS4 than Witcher 3.

I finished my first playtrough and now I'm waiting on performance improvement and stabilization of the game. It will certainly come. I would bet on the fact that the game will be perfected by the time the first expansion comes out, but if not, imminent enhanced edition (2.0) will do it (I know they said there won't be an enhanced edition, but let's face it, there certainly will be).

Patch 1.07 did kill performance a bit, specially in Novigrad which is now almost unbearable, but they certainly didn't do it on purpose. With 1.08 we can at least expect reversal to the 1.05 performance. It's CDPR and I'm sure they won't leave this game behind until they are happy with how it performs, and they certainly aren't happy right now. I can only imagine the depression that is present in their offices and it hinders their ability to repair the game. And to all you guys who are bitching about the fact that you paid 60 bucks for this game, I say this. Yes you did, but your bitching ain't helping anybody so fuck off. And don't give me that "they already took our money so they don't care" bullshit, they are independent and small studio so bad press and word of mouth can literally end them.

There certainly are games that run fine on the ps4 (Batman: AK...), but the system is seriously underpowered, and it will only get worse. GTA fuckin'5 on ps4 had serous fps problems where the framerate would fall to around 23 on every intersection in the city. They drastically improved it 4 MONTHS after the release, but it still ain't locked to 30. I don't know if there is a studio with bigger budget and more people than Rockstar, and even they have problems. I think it's because of the weaker CPU in ps4, even related to xbox one. Even gods at Naughty dog can't lock last gen game to a constant 60 fps and they have whole ICE team working for them.

I'm not saying CDPR aren't to blame, because they are, but Sony and Microsoft fucked this generation up royally.

A big problem for me is that you can´t walk slow anymore. Kills the immersion for me

I'm right there with you! I loved the full analog control of the walking speed - to just walk as slowly or as quickly as you please and let the game world sink in. The 0-1 mode now (walk - jog) is a downgrade for me ;(

1.07 So far is the worst patch for me performance-wise. I'm encountering a lot more issues now than I did in any of the previous patches ironically... The "faded-out" loading screen while having a conversation with an npc is the worst. It happens way more frequently when previously it only happened once to me before the patch.

The framerate was actually acceptable for me in the previous patches but now the lagging is very noticeable I'm afraid. When I hear about other people actually having fps improvements I get so jealous and wish I had a PS4 like theirs. -_-

I highly doubt that anybody has fps improved. Some people may not notice the fps drops that much, but it's clearly evident in Novigrad. I am certain they will at least restore performance level from before 1.07, and I hope for an improvement, but there is no point in lying to yourself and others about the current state.

Honestly

this Patch 1.07 has made me to push this small bottom called (Eject disc) for the first time since y have my ps4 till all issues are fixed. Witcher III like this is not fun anymore...

Time to keep trying this damn Bloodborne.. lol

Last edited:
I really need this patch to come out because i cant progress in the campaign because of a bug in GET JUNIOR -TALK TO VERNON ROCHE and you simply cant interact with him when its surpost to go into a cutscene? please help if anyone knows thanks.

Since i planned to complete every quest of my level before the final set of missions , well now i have to wait for CDPR to fix that infamous skellige most wanted glitch!

I'm waiting, but if the frame rate will not fixed I will trade the game with other game and wait better Nvidia Pascal series cards and play it on PC, this game works bad on consoles sadly.

Top Bottom