Who is waiting for patch 1.08 to (actually) fix the PS4 performance before playing again?

+

Who is waiting for patch 1.08 to (actually) fix the PS4 performance before playing again?

• I'm still waiting

Votes: 65 73.9%
  • I'm playing it now

Votes: 23 26.1%

• Total voters
Guys - seriously. What model of PS4 are you playing on? Is it somehow different than mine?

I can see how and where the performance can be improved, but you're talking like it chugs at 3fps and at VGA resolution.

I'm on my second playthrough and I began on release day. It's been patched, performance goes up and down a bit here and there, but the bulk of the game is perfectly playable. Can I get every gwent card? Still no, but that doesn't ruin my game. I haven't had any bugged quests that were game-breaking. Sure, I've seen merchants who won't activate and empty chest windows and I still can't find Wolf School Upgrade #3... but I'm still having a great time.

I can't be the only one. Can I?

I think nobody is saying that the game is unplayable as you suggest, everybody is just comparing before-after 1.07, in my case i have no major complain about performance, there are some small issue but just details for me, In my case i'm having a Bug with a MAIN QUEST, which for me is not good and i would rather wait till is fixed instead of carry on due story line of the game is really good

I'm glad that you are having fun with the game in its current state but it's pretty much inadmissibla that the a game with 7 patches, 8 if you count the announced 1.08, is still full of bugs and serius performance issues like pop in and framerate drops (to 20fps) on certain areas. And still no release date on the 1.08.

This GEN should've made 1080p/60FPS the standard, the hell we living in? 2005? 720p? gtfo, please.

They cheaped out in every sense with 8th GEN. The CPU in both consoles is garbage, the GPU in the PS4 is literally an average GPU. The APU itself is just trash. Only the RAM is the more impressive feat. in the PS4 and that isn't saying much.

$400 for a console that can't do what 8th GEN should be doing - 1080p/60FPS. The focus is more on the FORCE 1080p with a bunch of pointless visual features no console-only gamer is ever going to bother gawking at.

Even then that's not saying 30FPS is garbage. It's not SMOOTH 60FPS but It's playable, if the game managed to STAY at 30FPS and not drop below 25FPS which then becomes UNPLAYABLE.

Never mind 4K or 2K when we can't even see these piece of shit consoles do 1080p with a stable framerate.

I always said that with 400 dollares for a PS4 is not enough to get a ultimate gen console. They should have use better CPU and GPU at whatever cost. Cut the shit with the "if the console would cost more than 400 i´d buy a PC" crap ! We know that PC downsizing is shit,. I have been playing with PC for 24 years since 1990, im tired of the stupid upgrades every 2 years just to ripp off gamer kids, windows, giant cabinets and graphic cards, cooling systems and all that shit.

If a console that guarantee me 1080p/60fps would cost $1000, i still would buy the console and not a stupid PC, and here comes the big problem, Consolers want cheap consoles with great fps and resolution. well I have news for you: Impossible!!.

Last edited:
I always said that with 400 dollares for a PS4 is not enough to get a ultimate gen console. They should have use better CPU and GPU at whatever cost. Cut the shit with the "if the console would cost more than 400 i´d buy a PC" crap ! We know that PC downsizing is shit,. I have been playing with PC for 24 years since 1990, im tired of the stupid upgrades every 2 years just to ripp off gamer kids, windows, giant cabinets and graphic cards, cooling systems and all that shit.

If a console that guarantee me 1080p/60fps would cost $1000, i still would buy the console and not a stupid PC, and here comes the big problem, Consolers want cheap consoles with great fps and resolution. well I have news for you: Impossible!!.

Not impossible; it just takes developers who know how to optimize. After 78 days and NO IMPROVEMENTS in the areas which need it the most (swamps and Novigrad) I can confidently say we're not dealing with Voodoo Shaman Coders here.

I always said that with 400 dollares for a PS4 is not enough to get a ultimate gen console.
Batman: Arkham Knight on PS4: 1080p and stable 30 fps (27fps in scenes with massive destructions). Open World with gorgeous graphics.
Dragon Age Inquisition on PS4: 1080p and stable 30 fps. Open World.
Metal Gear Solid V on PS4: 1080p and 60 fps. Open World.

There is no problem in PS4. There is a problem in Witcher 3 developers hands.

Last edited:
I beat the game once. Really want to beat it again. Waiting for the bugs to get worked out this time though. Seems like that will never happen though or at least not going to happen any time soon.

Batman: Arkham Knight on PS4: 1080p and stable 30 fps (27fps in scenes with massive destructions). Open World with gorgeous graphics.

True arkham knight is incredibly beatiful (I've been playing on the ps4 the last couple of days) and phantom pain has been looking pretty good too not to mention the 60fps... I mean come on, witcher is a massive game, true but still that's no excuse for this perfomance. It has nothing to do with the consoles, it has to do with optimization and the engine that each game uses.

GTA V stable 30fps
Infamous stable 30 fps (if you don´t lock framerate 35-40)

They just need to lauch a optimization patch for each console. But they already mad their money so my guess is that they will continue to launch these minor patches that don't fix anything besides the bugs on the missions

Last edited:
They just need to launch a optimization patch for each console. But they already mad their money so my guess is that they will continue to launch these minor patches that don't fix anything besides the bugs on the missions

And they're probably working harder on the DLC and only maybe...just maybe, after all the DLC have been released will they focus on platform-specific issues. But ye, they already got their money.

Well, did you really expect the framerate to get patched? My guess is that they'll focus on fps issues after fixing all the various bugs that still persist. 1.15 maybe if not later. :lol:

Hey im not defending CDPR here, i agree that THIS IS a development issue not only hardware, but tell me how many triple AAA games runs at 60fos in PS4 ? and i dont even want to talk about xbone. Although i have to admit didnt know that MGS5 PP will run at 60fps. I played GZ and really liked the fox engine.

We all know that besides developers, who has a part of the fault in this, they are not the only responsables for the games performance.

Top Bottom