Who Wants Classic Geralt Skins!?!

+

• Total voters

Okay I have some great ideas, I was thinking how cool and awesome it would be to have the option(s) to play as Geralt from TW1 & TW2 in TW3.
Maybe as unlockable character/skin(s) after we beat the game twice. Because I don't really see new players wanting to choose such options from the start menu if they never played TW1 or TW2. That being said, even if it was just the classic skin of TW2 that would be fine with me. Like I said CDPR could make these skins unlockable items after a couple of playthroughs as a surprise bonus and as an extra insentive to continue playing the game even more. Or if and when CDPR ever decides to charge us for some 20+ hour DLC quests for the game in the near future, maybe add these cool classic W1 & W2 skins into the mix from the start. Or if they never make some new DLC quest in the future, just give us the classic skins for free with a patch. Now to me this sounds awesome and very doable, because I have played many great console games that have this cool nostalgic stuff. For example: INJUSTICE GODS AMONG US & TOMB RAIDER GUARDIANS OF LIGHT with their Soul Reaver/Legacy of Cain skins & the Batman games do this cool stuff as well. All the in game mechanics, animations and cutscenes will run the same, but with the classic Geralt character skins/face and look instead while we play TW3. Some small modifications might be nessesary for CDPR Team to pull all of this off, and I challenge them to do so. I know damn well it will be worth it in the end;)

Personally I never used the alternative costumes in the Batman games. I always viewed them as wasted effort just like the retailer exclusive costumes.

My two cents on this: screw skins. give me more customization options in the form of armors, haircuts or beards.

On the other hand I'd kinda like a slightly more pale Geralt and the TW2 face would fit the bill just fine.

Last edited:
Personally I never used the alternative costumes in the Batman games. I always viewed them as wasted effort just like the retailer exclusive costumes.

My two cents on this: screw skins. give me more customization options in the form of armors, haircuts or bears.

On the other hand I'd kinda like a slightly more pale Geralt and the TW2 face would fit the bill just fine.

Well seeing how many folks complain about Geralts new look and face in TW3, I thought it would be a nice addition.
We already get armor customization, I think you might be missing my point. I'm NOT talking about some cheesey exclusive dlc for 5 or 10 bucks man.
If it's not that hard to add for free for all of us before or after the game comes out, I want it. Be it unlockable now or with a dlc quest later for all of us, that is worth our money. Yeah pc has mods but I would rather see CDPR Team do this for All platforms, I made a voting poll for fans to vote.
Thanks for your feed back;)

Last edited:
Given that I will probably play this game until it comes out my ears and I can't stand to look at anyone in it anymore, I'm all for basically anything that gives me more options as to what Geralt looks like. And based on what we've seen of TW3 so far, I'm really not sold on the jolly red-cheeked, pudgy Santa Geralt look and prefer the TW2 face, so... yeah.

I don't see it happening, though, the face of the player character is usually an asset that a ton of the resources go into, and if they suddenly have to make several more... not gonna happen.

@spacehamsterzh Well don't they already have the assets/models/looks and art style of Geralt from TW1 & TW2.
I wouldn't think it would be that hard to put a fresh coat of paint on Geralt.
It seems kinda simple to me and I doubt it would take that long to do it.
Just match the old Geralt avatar looks and style to the new Geralt gameplay style, and we are off and running;)
@broccolisoup Bonus or unlockable, I want to see if they can do it at some point.
I want to have these cool skin option(s) so baad:)

Last edited:
TW1 Geralt wasn't even created with the same engine, so It isn't that simple I'd assume. To me, Geralt will always be the one I met in the first game, but I'm fine with his recent look, too. I just wish they made him a bit paler / whiter. And I'd love if he looked as fierce as in TW1 when he's under the effect of a potion.

Last edited:
@Mohasz Well TW3 gameplay is on a different engine, so it is just a matter of an artist copying the looks of those two avatars from TW1 & TW2 & putting them in the game. Maybe a dev can let us know if something like this could even be done someday, a simple Yes or No answer would work well for a spoil free answer to the subject at hand? @Marcin Momot ;)

It's not that easy. They can indeed grab the head mesh and port it over. But there have been huge improvements in facial animations of the course of the 3 games. And generally for those to look good you also need a high-poly head mesh otherwise your face morphs will look like crap (especially since the ones from TW3 are quite detailed). They could probably use the TW2 head mesh but it wouldn't look as good and the TW1 head mesh will just look bad because of how old it is (they really did push the Aurora engine to its limits). They'd be better off using what they currently have for TW3 and tweaking that to look more similar to the TW2 face and offer it as an alternative (doubt it'll happen).

Armors is a completely different can of worms. They'll have some of the TW2 armors in TW3 with imports and what not. The TW1 armors are just too low quality so they're better off remaking them from scratch (again, doubt this will happen).

Last edited:
@Mohasz Well TW3 gameplay is on a different engine, so it is just a matter of an artist copying the looks of those two avatars from TW1 & TW2 & putting them in the game. Maybe a dev can let us know if something like this could even be done someday, a simple Yes or No answer would work well for a spoil free answer to the subject at hand? @Marcin Momot ;)

That's actually a very interesting idea. I will make sure to pass it on to the right people - can't promise anything though as it may be very hard to implement as some folks already pointed out.

I've said it before but i'd love to get armour like the lads wear in the first game, Eskel and Lambert, and the sleeveless version that Berengar used. But as for the looks of Witcher 1 Geralt I found light leather armour in Assassin's served to emulate the excellent leather jacket of the first game, and seemed more Witcher-ish and tough than the more decorated stuff.

Thought Serrit, Aucke's and Uta (unknown third assassin) had some nice duds on 'em too.

Same goes for me, I'd love to see some of the armor from previous installments of the series make a return.

Though I'm not really too bothered by it eitherway. I like the way Geralt looks right now in part 3.

That's actually a very interesting idea. I will make sure to pass it on to the right people - can't promise anything though as it may be very hard to implement as some folks already pointed out. [/QUOTE @Marcin Momot Thank you...
All I could ever ask is that you hunt down and find the right people for the job, and then ask them if it is indeed doable.
See if they are willing to make it a reality in the allotted time they have left, or keep it in mind for a future EE on the game at some point.
Or at the very least, bring forth the armors and styles of the classic W1 & W2 ;)

Last edited:
I just want the TW2 face of Geralt man
his new look looks too strange
Well if this is something they can indeed do at some point, be it before or after launch with a patch or in a dlc quest. Then we all can get the best of all 3 Geralts.
They might have to just copy those models from scratch,so they blend well in the world right. Such as lighting, but this would be real fucking awesome if they did do this. I bet most cdpr team devs would be for it:) This is the last of Geralt's story so give us all you got baby!!!!

Top Bottom