Who Was Your Favourite Character And Why? (Potential Spoilers)

+

Who was your favourite character?

• Total voters
Hey y'all, I'm just interested to see who everyone's favourite character is. I been seeing a lot of love for the characters in this game, and they're def my favourite part about it, so I'm curious to see who everyone's personal favourite is and why!

My favourite has to be Panam. She really is a ride or die and is willing to risk everything for the people she loves. Not to mention she's bangin THICC and saves our life (I guess, kinda?). My next two favourites would have to be Johnny and Taki-san though

No Mateo on the list? I riot!
Post automatically merged:

Tbh a lot fo side characters should deserve more screen time imo. Evelyn was a very captivating character and I wish we could see more of her. And Mateo is just my virtual crush right now.

I ended up liking Johnny a lot. He kinda grew on me.

He is an asshole a lot of the time, but I like his ideals and in the end he is a good guy.

What I liked the most about him is how he is ready to "die" and be erased of your brain just because he doesn't want to replace you. He stays true to his ideals to the end.

And he says a lot of funny shit :)

No Mateo on the list? I riot!

Tbh a lot fo side characters should deserve more screen time imo. Evelyn was a very captivating character and I wish we could see more of her. And Mateo is just my virtual crush right now.
Hahahaha my bad, but I really liked evelyn too, I was convinced she was gonna come back and play a bigger part in the story until she didn't lol

He is an asshole a lot of the time, but I like his ideals and in the end he is a good guy.

What I liked the most about him is how he is ready to "die" and be erased of your brain just because he doesn't want to replace you. He stays true to his ideals to the end.

Same here I really love his character, I know some people don't like that he's a bit monotone, but I feel like it almost adds to him. Not every asshole is a raging one, he's more of an emotionless asshole with a cold, dry sense of humour hahaa

Hahahaha my bad, but I really liked evelyn too, I was convinced she was gonna come back and play a bigger part in the story until she didn't lol

Same here I really love his character, I know some people don't like that he's a bit monotone, but I feel like it almost adds to him. Not every asshole is a raging one, he's more of an emotionless asshole with a cold, dry sense of humour hahaa
Well obviously in a place like Lizzi's you can't really run your mouth to every newcomer about the girls running around the place. But that is why I am so intrigued by him. He is so cold yet charming. I wanna know more about him.

Johnny was the character that ended up surprising me the most because of his arc, and because of this he really grew on me as a character. I appreciated that A LOT and was not expecting him to turn out the way he did.
And that scene where you visit where he's buried - I really liked that scene. That was the point for me that cemented my liking him as a character.

In terms of other characters I have to give it Judy, yes I am aware a lot of people like Judy. For me its because
a) I LOVE her style/design
b) I really like her personality/ideals - she's a lot like the girls I'd want to date/have dated
c) she's a bit of a tech nerd
d) SHE PLAYED STREET HOCKEY
e) her romance quest/mission was one of my favorite ones I've ever experienced in a game that included romances.
Judy is literally every real life crush I've ever had molded into a single entity, especially from in my late teens/20s, so I salute the person/people behind designing and writing her.

Well obviously in a place like Lizzi's you can't really run your mouth to every newcomer about the girls running around the place. But that is why I am so intrigued by him. He is so cold yet charming. I wanna know more about him.
No the monotone comment was meant towards Johnny, idk if we got mixed up there haha

I think I'm tied between Johnny and Panam. The nomad side quest is my favourite and Panam's character really clicked for me from the get-go. The flashback of Johnny raiding Arasaka Tower was also one of my highlights and made me realise what a badass he is but I also enjoyed the moments where he opened himself up to V.

I also really enjoyed River and Judy's sidequests, they'd be my next favourite characters. Goro progressively got better for me towards the end. Vik is kinda like a cool uncle but didn't really offer much outside of saving your ass. Misty was ok, I didn't really find the tarot stuff very interesting. Jackie needed more time to grow as a character IMO. I haven't done the side quest with Kerry yet but he seems ok.

Judy all the way, Judy defined this game for me and the entire experience of it is tied to her character and story. It is because of that that i feel so sad over the lack of deeper romance and relationship past her initial intimate romance. The character and execution of her and her background redefined my outlook on beauty and essential values and i owe big gratitude towards the lovely people that made her a reality. Cyberpunk lives and dies for me based on what we get out of that character going forward since in its current state the relationship ends at its beginning with not much to look forward to. :cry:

There's no option to choose that, but V is my favourite character. The game constructs a very compelling narrative around V, and it's by far the character I am most attached to.

Then Judy because she's so well developed as a character despite having a fairly limited amount of interactions (more compared to the others ofc, but still pretty lean by any reasonable standards).

Evelyn seems like she's got tons of personality, too, and I'd love to learn more about her, her history with the Clouds, Judy, etc. What really drives her and what she's trying to achieve in NC.

T Bug appeared cool, shame we don't get to know her better.

Goro, very much his own man, flawed but consistent. Although he made a mistake trusting V as much as he did to help him accomplish his goals, at least in my playthrough.

This game is brimming with fantastically written characters, and it's a mark of their quality that we want to know more about them. It's pretty crazy how much care went into creating them, even if they only make an appearance in a single quest.

Vote Johnny, but to be fair it would be more the Johnny/V duo discussions in many side quest and gig, most of then are totally hillarius and awesome

There's no option to choose that, but V is my favourite character. The game constructs a very compelling narrative around V, and it's by far the character I am most attached to.

Then Judy because she's so well developed as a character despite having a fairly limited amount of interactions (more compared to the others ofc, but still pretty lean by any reasonable standards).

Evelyn seems like she's got tons of personality, too, and I'd love to learn more about her, her history with the Clouds, Judy, etc. What really drives her and what she's trying to achieve in NC.

T Bug appeared cool, shame we don't get to know her better.

Goro, very much his own man, flawed but consistent. Although he made a mistake trusting V as much as he did to help him accomplish his goals, at least in my playthrough.

This game is brimming with fantastically written characters, and it's a mark of their quality that we want to know more about them. It's pretty crazy how much care went into creating them, even if they only make an appearance in a single quest.
I was considering putting V on there, but I always considered V as just a reflection of myself. And I figured if most people felt the same the overwhelming majority would pick Him/Her hahahaha

You put Misty, Vik ... before Rogue on the list?

Well... Panam, of course.

---
¿Pones Misty antes que Rogue?

Cyberpunk 2077_20201218231935.jpg

Judy is a pretty cool character! She is smart and beautiful and has one of the best story arcs in the whole game that is both tragic and beautiful. Judy doesn't want fame or the nicest things, she just wants someone to stay alive long enough to love her.

I think my choice is rather obvious, despite the lack of content regarding him *Shakes fist at CDPR*

As for how I started liking him and perhaps why, well you can thank that 2018 gameplay for that plus his personality and the fact he just seems like a genuine loyal individual.

Also what woman wouldn't want to be around a guy with a body built like a brick wall, hmm?

Granted I also like Vik and Takemura too but they are nothing compared to my Valentino hottie.

Judy all the way, Judy defined this game for me and the entire experience of it is tied to her character and story. It is because of that that i feel so sad over the lack of deeper romance and relationship past her initial intimate romance. The character and execution of her and her background redefined my outlook on beauty and essential values and i owe big gratitude towards the lovely people that made her a reality. Cyberpunk lives and dies for me based on what we get out of that character going forward since in its current state the relationship ends at its beginning with not much to look forward to. :cry:

YES! I love all your points and its so close to what drew me to Judy and then made her one of my favorite romancable characters (in any game). A few very small things to touch on in terms of your last sentence. Have you finished the game? Also, something I discovered which I thought was neat and could easily be overlooked was that I RUSHED through Judy's romance arc before I even did the quest with Takemura that takes place during the parade. When I called her after that quest, she commented on hearing about it and how her instinct told her you were involved. It was a neat little exchange that I think probably gets overlooked or just plain missed. I'm currently on my second (third technically but I never finished my male/2nd) playthrough and I've kept it in my mind to call her after finishing major plotpoints. On the topic of calling her, i adore her cheeky little opener to phone conversations that she uses after you've completed the romance. It's very in keeping with her personality, and just added to my admiration for how she was written. Panam does NOTHING like this. (Ok, there IS a little bit of any exchange but it takes a few sentences to get there...in the end it's REALLY down to preference and he more I keep talking about the more I appreciate how different Judy and Panam are). I know that's in keeping with Panam's character, but it feels...not intimate? Anyway. sorry that was long xD

20201219191047_1.jpg

View attachment 11111654
Judy is a pretty cool character! She is smart and beautiful and has one of the best story arcs in the whole game that is both tragic and beautiful. Judy doesn't want fame or the nicest things, she just wants someone to stay alive long enough to love her.

I v
I was considering putting V on there, but I always considered V as just a reflection of myself. And I figured if most people felt the same the overwhelming majority would pick Him/Her hahahaha
I very much respect this point of view and in a way I agree with you but for a different reason. I viewed V as a representation of my views and values, so in a way definitely a reflection of myself. V goes through some shit and you're going through that journey with them so by the end I did feel connected to V and I actually did like how V was portrayed (female, nomad, didn't feel like the total jerk character I keep seeing people complain about left and right).

I think my choice is rather obvious, despite the lack of content regarding him *Shakes fist at CDPR*

As for how I started liking him and perhaps why, well you can thank that 2018 gameplay for that plus his personality and the fact he just seems like a genuine loyal individual.

Also what woman wouldn't want to be around a guy with a body built like a brick wall, hmm?

Granted I also like Vik and Takemura too but they are nothing compared to my Valentino hottie.

Can you only imagine if it happened like halfway through the game (or closer to the end)? Good god it would've been HEARTBREAKING

Last edited:
Top Bottom