Who would you prefer "engram" was captured off of, Instead of silverhand?

+
This! This makes so much more sense in the context of the game. I know I've seen it discussed before but I'm still fuzzy on how/why it was decided to put a 50yo engram of a terrorist/rocker who hates Arakasa onto their prototype chip that was essentially intended to be used only for Saburo?

Perhaps they put Silverhand on the relic for the same reason why the Voodoo Boys wanted it, to lure A.I Alt out of the Black Wall? At the time Johnny and Rogue attacked the Arasaka Tower with the bomb, the Alt A.I. did already escape them, no?

Perhaps they put Silverhand on the relic for the same reason why the Voodoo Boys wanted it, to lure A.I Alt out of the Black Wall? At the time Johnny and Rogue attacked the Arasaka Tower with the bomb, the Alt A.I. did already escape them, no?
As far as I understood it (and lord knows I may not have, the story is all over the place) Saburo just wanted it for his own immortality? And yes, she was gone but being the original creator of the soulkiller it's possible she left a copy of her engram behind whne she escaped?

Kurt, Janis, Jimi, Jim, and most of the 27 club.
Yeah, we would be a lot in my head, but there's room for that. :)

Also Michael Jackson, James Brown and Nujabes.

As far as I understood it (and lord knows I may not have, the story is all over the place) Saburo just wanted it for his own immortality? And yes, she was gone but being the original creator of the soulkiller it's possible she left a copy of her engram behind whne she escaped?

Well Saburo left an engram of himself behind even though not on the relic. That would mean he left the relic blank to write himself on it till the very last moment of his death, but then he wrote Silverhand on it.. as punishment for the bomb ignoring his own plans for it. That makes no sense at all.

"WHO WOULD YOU PREFER "ENGRAM" WAS CAPTURED OFF OF, INSTEAD OF SILVERHAND?"

Sandy Vixen and/or Asa Akira.

Well Saburo left an engram of himself behind even though not on the relic. That would mean he left the relic blank to write himself on it till the very last moment of his death, but then he wrote Silverhand on it.. as punishment for the bomb ignoring his own plans for it. That makes no sense at all.

They don't explicitly say but Saburo wasn't the one who put Johnny on the relic.

In one of the endings you find out that Yorinobu wanted to shake things up at Arasaka. He was sick and tired of the way Saburo was running things, and he probably didn't want Saburo to become immortal via the relic. During the ending when you talk to him he says planting a bomb failed (the 2023 nuke), so one must 'become the bomb'. He's probably the one who put Johnny on the relic because who better than an Arasaka hating terrorist to help shake things up.

It also gets mentioned that Yorinobu was possibly going to sell the relic to netwatch. Maybe Yorinobu's plan was to somehow use netwatch & Johnny to contact Alt and use her to destroy the engrams in Mikoshi, including Saburo's backup of course. Then with Saburo's real body dead and his engram backup destroyed he would no longer be able to become immortal.

Netwatch probably wouldn't want to help willingly, since their only goal would be to destroy Alt. Yorinobu was maybe planning on using them to contact Alt by promising that he could help them destroy her. He probably needed netwatch because he couldn't use Arasaka assets to do it because Saburo would find out and be able to intervene, and they were arguably the best alternative for the job. They had lots of resources, weren't reliant on Arasaka, were big enough that Arasaka couldn't act against them without serious consequences.

My significant other. Not giving up names here of course, but she and I have something special, and if there was going to be a engram in my head, I'd truly want it to be her.

It's hard to pick out anyone else...there's a music composer I might choose, but when it comes down to it, I don't have a whole lot of heroes so my choices are a bit limited. Maybe my grandparents on my mother's side? Wisdom, knowledge and experience to guide me as I wander through life.

Plus..it'd give my significant other or whichever grandparent the best gift I could ever give them. A chance to live in a new body and experience a nearly entire life over again.

A multiple personality engram for me with Gibson,Sterling,Stephenson,George Alec Effinger,Walter Jon Williams pointing what is beeing borrowed from each one and what they think is wrong and Mike Pondsmith replying :"did you ever tried to make something coherent?","i did my best" etc...Maybe at some point they can start a huge discussion all of them of what none of them agree,kind of directors cut version with commentaries.

Oghren from Dragon Age origins. He would fit right into Night City with his behaviour.
  • Wynne: Why do you occasionally refer to Alistair as a "little pike-twirler?"
  • Oghren: Why? Has the little pike-twirler taken offence?
  • Wynne: It's just a curious description.
  • Oghren: Curious? (Snorts) Bah, it's entirely true. What, you haven't seen him twirling his pike? Goes at it when he thinks no one's watching. Knocks about in the trees like there's no tomorrow. Caught him just the other day. Blushed all the way down to his navel, then couldn't find his shirt. I swear he's going to hurt himself one of these days, the way he works that thing.
  • Wynne: I don't want to hear this anymore, do I?
  • Oghren: I keep telling him, pikes are for sticking things at long range, aye? Horses and such. Not for twirling like a sissy-girl.
  • Wynne: Wait, you're talking about an actual pike? Like a spear?
  • Oghren: Obviously. What else would I be talking about?
  • Wynne: I can't imagine.

Top Bottom