Whole computer crashes when installing the game with the epic games launcher

+
So I have a very specific issue that I haven't seen anywhere else.

So, I was trying to update my mods and did my usual procedure which is :
-update the mods with the manager
-purge the mod links with the manager
-clear the r6/cache
-verify game files with the epic games launcher
-deploy mods with the manager
(note that I have to do that or else some mods or the game itself might not work)

But when verifying the game files, my computer crashed. It showed a blue screen for a sec and restarted. I started the launcher and it crashed again. Tried again and it didn't crash this time, but as soon as I tried doing anything related to cyberpunk on the launcher, it crashed my computer. A bit more of trial and error like that and it was my whole epic games launcher that got corrupted and I couldn't even uninstall the launcher. It even got to a point where it corrupted my whole windows and I had to use a restore point.
So I performed a clean install of the epic games launcher and it got fixed, but when trying that with the game, it just wouldn't work. Every time I try to install cyberpunk, my PC crashes. I tried tinkering with other games with the epic games launcher and it works perfectly fine. I just don't know what to do at this point.

My guess is that something happened in whatever temporary files the EGS downloaded and they're corrupted. Maybe something in the AppData/Local folder. The EGS creates two folders in there that don't get completely removed if you uninstall the app. I assume, perhaps wrongly, that's where the EGS stages the install. I'd give a try to uninstalling the EGS and then cleaning up any folder related to it anywhere you can find them. Whether it's the install path you install games to or those folders in AppData/Local.

Ultimately this is more of an EGS issue and if you want the best possible answer you would probably be better served if you asked EPIC's support.

Bruh, I genuinely forgot to remove the appdata folder for EGS. It wasn't specified on their website when I did the clean install so I just didn't think about it.
Anyway, issue is fixed. Thanks a lot !
My guess is that something happened in whatever temporary files the EGS downloaded and they're corrupted. Maybe something in the AppData/Local folder. The EGS creates two folders in there that don't get completely removed if you uninstall the app. I assume, perhaps wrongly, that's where the EGS stages the install. I'd give a try to uninstalling the EGS and then cleaning up any folder related to it anywhere you can find them. Whether it's the install path you install games to or those folders in AppData/Local.

Ultimately this is more of an EGS issue and if you want the best possible answer you would probably be better served if you asked EPIC's support.

Top Bottom