Whole day - 7 out of 10 games against Henselt!?

+
Whole day - 7 out of 10 games against Henselt!?

Really?

Is it so funny to play with this BS deck, really? Cause I had enough playing against it.

Casual, Pro-Ladder, Regular Ladder.

I'm sick of this! Can we please have some diversity in this game?

I just turned off mine in disgust.

This is ridiculous.

Than the other 3 games - 2 Dagon Deathwishes and most often the third was most likely Alchemy.

And I thought we got some diversity this patch.

Yes, I know it's "a challenge week", but for god's sake, enough of this BS already!

Guest 4226291

People are trying to complete the Northern Realm faction challenge. Relax dude, you’re freaking out about nothing.

EternalJxx;n10697081 said:
People are trying to complete the Northern Realm faction challenge. Relax dude, you’re freaking out about nothing.

People play because it is strong... In the gwent open everyone banned because this decks its more dumbest then Alch.

EternalJxx;n10697081 said:

I know that. And maybe I am freaking out, but when in 7 consecutive games in CASUAL, when I went cause I want it to have some fun, I was paired against this BS, I actually hit the X at the top right of the screen. And I am sure I am not the only one.

ser2440;n10697071 said:
Just, calm down. Why is Henselt so bad for you?

Bad? Not sure if that is the word, though I can easily slide it in there. The deck is the by far the most boring one for me to play with and against, that it drives me nuts. It is right there on par with the Dorfs Meta days, which was the one thing that was actually holding it down for some time. This is the strongest NR deck for months now and while tons of other archetypes got nerfed to the ground (like NG Spies and Cursed SK), broken Henselt always sneaked between the cracks. Not even that, but he got a HUGE buff in the face of CREATE and Winch. I would go as far as to say that nerfing Commander's Horn was also a buff.

I don't know what more to say. I just want to play and have fun and not be frustrated all the time, but with stuff like that this game always manages to get me to the point where I am shouting at my monitor and freaking out my GF, who can't understand why I am continuing to torture myself.

Henselt and Winch are two absolutely ridiculous cards. Winch should not exist in the first place, it's down-right broken. Who cares if it's the faction challenge, if anything it just shows how over-powered the leader is. We saw how almost everybody banned Henselt in the recent tournament as well. I hope they nerf him hard in the next balance update.

Henselt is much more powerful in tournaments since you can control when you go 2nd. As for people playing it in casual it is mostly people who do not main NR but still want the border after the faction challenge ends their popularity would decrease really quickly I am sure,

For me Henselt is alright as long as Winch is not in the deck. Like, if so, what is the point of a max of 3 Bronzes? only being able to take 3 of each card? using these only up to thrice? Being able to tutor up to 2 more with Henselt or Reaver Scouts or whatever? This Winch just makes the game sooo what it shouldn't be imo. If We can have Winch why not go ahead and remove the bronze limit completely and allow anyone to take as many cards of each kind as they want? I would take 3 siege masters and 12 ballistas and just have a field day with Henselt.

Henselt was at the top of the meta report and the ladder (and performed really well in tournaments too) even before midwinter and Winch, Freddy and kolemoen banned each other's Henselt when everyone else was banning Spies. Which goes to show that even without Winch he is a pretty great leader and deck to use. I don't think he is boring to play with or against, but I do agree that Winch shouldn't be in constructed deck modes.

This is a general Create problem. Slave Drivers and Elven Scouts should be doomed to prevent you from making more than 3 copies of something (if they aren't being taken out of ranked and casual anytime soon at least). I think CDPR should respect the bronze limit a bit more.

As for Nekkers, I am a bit undecided... Because Monsters' whole point is being a swarm. Maybe it could be a special mechanic to them. But I'd remove everything else that makes a player able to bypass the 3 Bronze limit. Like so.

I would rather play henselt all day than alch.

See? opinions. My deck really doesn't lose against Alchemy. It's got a huge advantage over it. But it usually loses to Henselt instead. It's equipped to deal with some things, while fails in some others.

Winch should be doomed and Henselt will be balanced.
Otherwise it can pull 7 bronze machines for 60 points, thats super BS

ZenaRose;n10697861 said:
Winch should be doomed...

You mean the machines it pulls?

I still think it will be too much if it stays in Constructed. This card should be changed in a way. It is way too good even if the machines get doomed - it still can pull 3 others from the deck, which is just huge.

It is very strong deck... with create and crew the damage this can make is great. Its not as lazy as Skellige but still pretty simple to play.. I have either Henselt or Skellige lately. Sometimes monsters but Skellige and Henselt are my main opponents lately esp after rank 17.

partci;n10696751 said:
Yes, I know it's "a challenge week", but for god's sake, enough of this BS already!

Wow, during a faction challenge week you encountered a lot of NR and Monsters. Who would've thought!

My advice is instead of complaining, try playing a counter deck. Harald wrecks Henselt (and works fine against monsters), armor Radovid is also pretty good against both Henselt and deathwish monsters. By playing any of these decks you bring diversity into the game and also increase your chances of winning.

You'e not being reasonable. When this Faction war is over, there will be same old Broover everywhere again.
And yes, instead of whining about Henselt, simply switch to counter decks to get an advantage in this situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Esmer;n10698101 said:
Wow, during a faction challenge week you encountered a lot of NR and Monsters. Who would've thought!

My advice is instead of complaining, try playing a counter deck. Harald wrecks Henselt (and works fine against monsters), armor Radovid is also pretty good against both Henselt and deathwish monsters. By playing any of these decks you bring diversity into the game and also increase your chances of winning.

Armor Radovid is utter trash and has a 30% win rate against alchemy, brouver and skellige

Harald is a better choice for sure but any deck built around dry passing or abusing turn 1 coin flip (brouver, henslet, harald) is pretty toxic for the game

Last edited:
(Walks in through the front door. Fires 3 marshmallow rounds into a wall. The gooey stickiness slowly drips to the floor, leaving sweet, sugary trails. Does not shoulder the rifle.)

We've had a bit of action taken with some posts. This is just a reminder that debates are to be constructive and respectful. If people feel the need to bicker, fight, or sling insults to make their points...take a break, please.

(Stands casually flicking the safety on and off...)

SigilFey;n10698391 said:
(Walks in through the front door. Fires 3 marshmallow rounds into a wall. The gooey stickiness slowly drips to the floor, leaving sweet, sugary trails. Does not shoulder the rifle.)

We've had a bit of action taken with some posts. This is just a reminder that debates are to be constructive and respectful. If people feel the need to bicker, fight, or sling insults to make their points...take a break, please.

(Stands casually flicking the safety on and off...)

i bet thats not the only gooey sticky trail on your floor

I think that all these "nerf this; nerf that" threads are silly, and I already stated elsewhere that I deeply hope CDPR doesn't pay attention to them, otherwise this game will quickly go down the drain.

About this thread in particular, I will only say one thing: if you are going to remove/rework Winch or limit Henselt to maximum of 2 units, then honestly you might as well rework Henselt and the machine archetype entirely, because I played 20 games of Henselt these last few days (yes, I'm one of those, but I have a faction challenge border to get, and every single other NR deck is either extremely uncompetitive or wildly tilting to play), and the only thing that requires a good amount of skill and thought in piloting that deck is to get maximum effect of your Henselt trigger. If you remove that, might as well remove the archetype entirely.

Top Bottom