Whole day - 7 out of 10 games against Henselt!?

+
ser2440;n10700591 said:
Well I don't like that she can do that, even though she is a pretty decent card. To be honest though she is only used that way in Henselt to give you a 4th Winch ( -_- ). Otherwise she usually plays Reconnaissance, and no deck that runs her also runs 3 Recons. It could be "Create a Bronze special card that you have less than 3 copies of, from either player's starting deck"

She's critical for moonlight now as well, as she allows for moonlight to be reliably used both aggressively and defensively, and provides backup if people keep overwriting your moonlights. Triss is going to be a staple for a lot of decks that rely on odd conditions and buff effects.

iamthedave;n10712571 said:
She's critical for moonlight now as well, as she allows for moonlight to be reliably used both aggressively and defensively, and provides backup if people keep overwriting your moonlights. Triss is going to be a staple for a lot of decks that rely on odd conditions and buff effects.

Bloodmoon runs her as a 5th Bloodmoon. Alchemy runs her for a 4th ointment. Henslet runs her as a 4th winch. A lot of other decks run her as recon thinning that still does insane finisher points.

21 points into viper witcher with no drawbacks is about as solid as you can get from a rare.

Triss -> recon -> 4 point bearmaster -> 11 point bear is a super easy 21 point finisher too in veterans (or 22 if you hit priestess or shieldmaiden into bearmaster). With Roach she is a 26 point finisher just with recon and no drawbacks of 2x bronzes like ciri nova.

She is pretty awesome and probably deserving of a nerf in the future. When every faction is running the same neutral rare it is overpowered.

Last edited:
I believe that she is a great card too.
And I honestly doubt that she is too strong. She is basicically +5 on a bronze, which isn't that great in theory. The problem lies more with the cards that she is used with, in praticular Recon and the Ointment Viper combination. If these were less good, she would just be an Operator for special cards.

FG15-ISH7EG;n10713161 said:
I believe that she is a great card too.
And I honestly doubt that she is too strong. She is basicically +5 on a bronze, which isn't that great in theory. The problem lies more with the cards that she is used with, in praticular Recon and the Ointment Viper combination. If these were less good, she would just be an Operator for special cards.

Should they nerf 4 or 5 balanced commons to make her okay or should they just stop making stupid create cards instead?

They will have to design every bronze card for the rest of time around making sure it isnt broken with Triss

She is +6 on a bronze and allows you to specifically target bronzes that are worth 14-15+ so why would anyone bother playing a 20-22 point rare that takes setup like Olaf or Ciri Nova and half the rares in the game aren't even worth 20 points to begin with lol.

She also distributes your 20+ points into multiple smaller bodies that are more resistant to removal/disruption compared to something like Ciri:Nova

Last edited:
liezldiezldee;n10713041 said:
Bloodmoon runs her as a 5th Bloodmoon. Alchemy runs her for a 4th ointment. Henslet runs her as a 4th winch. A lot of other decks run her as recon thinning that still does insane finisher points.

21 points into viper witcher with no drawbacks is about as solid as you can get from a rare.

Triss -> recon -> 4 point bearmaster -> 11 point bear is a super easy 21 point finisher too in veterans (or 22 if you hit priestess or shieldmaiden into bearmaster). With Roach she is a 26 point finisher just with recon and no drawbacks of 2x bronzes like ciri nova.

She is pretty awesome and probably deserving of a nerf in the future. When every faction is running the same neutral rare it is overpowered.

I kind of hope they don't nerf her. Yes she can be pretty powerful, but she's such an important enabler for marginal archetypes that she'd be a huge loss. Looking at her current play rates she doesn't seem to be too bad. The decks that use her use her always, but she's not finding a home in everything; she's certainly not close to the level of gigni in his heyday.

But yes, she could be a grower, and that could get bad over time. I just really hope she doesn't. My moonlight deck is so much better for her existing.

iamthedave;n10714141 said:
I kind of hope they don't nerf her. Yes she can be pretty powerful, but she's such an important enabler for marginal archetypes that she'd be a huge loss. Looking at her current play rates she doesn't seem to be too bad. The decks that use her use her always, but she's not finding a home in everything; she's certainly not close to the level of gigni in his heyday.

But yes, she could be a grower, and that could get bad over time. I just really hope she doesn't. My moonlight deck is so much better for her existing.

Hmm, the Blood Moon deck definitely profits because it currently lacks gold synergy. The Full Moon, not so much, I feel there are enough Moons and my finisher is 2 golds so there is no space there, with Ge'els and Whispess: Tribute taking up the other 2 slots.

ser2440;n10715331 said:
Hmm, the Blood Moon deck definitely profits because it currently lacks gold synergy. The Full Moon, not so much, I feel there are enough Moons and my finisher is 2 golds so there is no space there, with Ge'els and Whispess: Tribute taking up the other 2 slots.

On the contrary I find her vital; she provides hand consistency, and protection against those games were you just can't draw your sirens. She also often allows for round 3 to have 2 or even 3 rows of full moon active, or 2 of full and 1 blood moon for bridge trolls to move around, which can be a MASSIVE swing sometimes. But my version doesn't have a bespoke finisher and prefers to aim for a long round 3 or a werewolf as a closer.

What do you use?

iamthedave;n10715901 said:
On the contrary I find her vital; she provides hand consistency, and protection against those games were you just can't draw your sirens. She also often allows for round 3 to have 2 or even 3 rows of full moon active, or 2 of full and 1 blood moon for bridge trolls to move around, which can be a MASSIVE swing sometimes. But my version doesn't have a bespoke finisher and prefers to aim for a long round 3 or a werewolf as a closer.

What do you use?

Ah you are going for 3 rows of Full Moon. Makes sense.

I don't have Bridge trolls in my Full Moon deck and I go for 2 rows usually. Firstly because 3 rows is tough to manage if your opponent removes your units and secondly because I leave a row open for my finisher which is Draug. Draug + Yennefer with an Alpha Werewolf token swarm and finally Ruehin to wrap things up.

ser2440;n10715911 said:
Ah you are going for 3 rows of Full Moon. Makes sense.

I don't have Bridge trolls in my Full Moon deck and I go for 2 rows usually. Firstly because 3 rows is tough to manage if your opponent removes your units and secondly because I leave a row open for my finisher which is Draug. Draug + Yennefer with an Alpha Werewolf token swarm and finally Ruehin to wrap things up.

Oh, that version. You know I used to do that, but then I ran into a whole string of players just killing all the tokens with one thing or another, or swarming so much only the ruehin was really generating much value, so I decided to switch back into werewolves, because 14pts (growing) is a pretty good finisher, honestly.

I really can't wait for them to add more cards for full moon and blood moon (i.e. vampire update; I'm almost certain vamps are going to be blood moon synergistic), they're easily my favourite archetypes in the game right now.

Henselt is not the problem... after rank 19 you will find mostly NG. Either alchemy one or Emhyr one which goes like this... Imperial Manticore. Then Emhyr which pulls out Mandrake and strengten the Manticore by 8 which make it 19 power. That card is then swiftly returned back to the deck and EVERYTHING what opponent is putting on the board is being boosted by 19 points. Long live the overpowered NG faction...

Another meta, another person claiming NG is OP. Even when spies are dead and reveal is a draw dependant gimmick that can be easily countered by a plethora of cards. Especially in a high point spam meta.

As for Henselt; NR is up there with Skellige as my least favorite deck, though Skellige is by far the worst. NR suffers from some of the problems Skellige does, uninterative decks. Be it machine spam or cursed units spam, there's nothing you can do. Just sit there and watch units being summoned or machines being spammed. While removal works against cursed, machines are just there. Losing? No problem. Light cavalry's here to save the day. At least during closed beta promote, d bomb decimated them as cards were locked to rows.

I'd really like to play NR but I just find in boring.

My personal opinion about the game right now is that it gets very boring after a while:

- Netdecking, when the game starts you already know for 90% what your opponent is playing
- Facing the same factions, most players pick the decks with the highest winrate and the challenges also contribute negatively to this
- Routine games, almost everybody has the same type of strategy

I really hope the next update will bring some changes that will disrupt these behaviours.
More row effects (distinction between weather and hazards) and greater value for locking units would be very welcome.

Snake_Foxhounder;n10716521 said:
I'd really like to play NR but I just find in boring.

Personal opinion though.
I happen to feel teh same about NG.
Started out as my favorite faction, now it is just boring.
I see witcher/alchemy and roll my eyes.

I do think rows need to come back though.
Would be much better for the game in general.

At least alchemy is draw dependant and a bad pull can leave you with useless cards. You can't spam all 3 viper witchers with the leader. Plus, units boosted with ale can be reset and they're not that high of a tempo play in today's meta. But it is boring and I'd class ointment in the same bs category as SK revival. Vipers need to be doomed. Slave drivers need to be worked on, along with other create bronzes.

However, one deck being boring doesn't excuse another one from doing the same. Both SK and NR were spam decks long before vipers existed. Machines are an interesting idea and one of the few things still tied to faction identity. They just need a rework.

Snake_Foxhounder;n10717101 said:
At least alchemy is draw dependant and a bad pull can leave you with useless cards. You can't spam all 3 viper witchers with the leader. Plus, units boosted with ale can be reset and they're not that high of a tempo play in today's meta. But it is boring and I'd class ointment in the same bs category as SK revival. Vipers need to be doomed. Slave drivers need to be worked on, along with other create bronzes.

However, one deck being boring doesn't excuse another one from doing the same. Both SK and NR were spam decks long before vipers existed. Machines are an interesting idea and one of the few things still tied to faction identity. They just need a rework.

By which you mean 'winch needs to not exist'?

There's nothing wrong with the machines deck as it is. The 'problems' highlighted with it are related - as usual - to spies.

Top Bottom