Whole screen keeps shaking after getting out of inventory, scan or randomly

+
My whole screen keeps shaking to an unplayable level as if it's glitching between previous and next frames after getting out of inventory, scanning or just randomly. Waiting 15-20 secs or getting back to ESC menu, then going back in generally solves it but it happens very frequently. Any advice or should I just deal with it till a patch?

i5 6500, 1660S, 16GB, M2 SSD

Did you try reloading an earlier save game to see if the issue continues (ideally a save game before the whole problem started to show...)? Lowering the settings might also be worth trying.

Make sure your GPU is up to date and that you installed yesterday's hotfix.

To be honest this has been happening since I started playing the game, I'd need to restart the whole game altogether. I had tried out lowest settings for a while but this didn't stop at any point. Not permanent but frequent enough to be very noticeable. I have the latest nVidia drivers and am on 1.04 game version. I have seen similar problem videos posted by people but nothing as extremely shaky as mine.

Support can be reached here (click on "contact us"):

But check out the suggestions first. Perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling GPU drivers helps, as described in the article.

Other than closing every non-essential background application and disabling all overlays, I can't think of much. If you haven't updated Windows in a while, that might be worth a try too.

I'll look into that, thanks. I can reinstall the drivers maybe.
Post automatically merged:

Well what do you know, your advice was golden. It worked out, a clean install after DDU fixed it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey, guys. Same problem here. I was trying to choose the best word:
  • Flickering
  • Stuttering
  • Jittering
  • Trembling
But I think Shaking is the best one.
Same symptoms. Occurs specially coming from Menus, solved with couple ESCs.
Looks like some overlay thing.

This started happening to me a couple of days ago, after 90-some hours of play. Seems related to switching to inventory, but also using scanning. Can't get either the effect or solution to work consistently. Sometimes the red lines from scanning stay on screen. Sometimes not. Sometimes looking at the ground or getting on and off my motorcycle helps, sometimes not. The only solution that seems to work *most* of the time is going into a menu (inventory, crafting, etc.) moving to a few different sections then exiting. But it's happening a lot so this is not a great workaround. It doesn't stay fixed.

I'm running on a GTX 1080Ti (latest drivers), have and 1440p HDR monitor with V-Sync and running at 120 refresh rate with frames capped at 120. I thought it might be video card related or graphic setting related. I could not find any graphic setting that seemed to make any difference.

Im a little late but I guess this fix applies to flickering issues in the game as well.

I had EXACTLY the same flickering, I believe it is a Nvidia driver issue from 461.09 driver version or newer:

Try this fix, it works for me:

I've had this issue for a while now, I have tried every suggested fix, none work, it's driving me insane, someone please help....

I've had this issue for a while now, I have tried every suggested fix, none work, it's driving me insane, someone please help....

Set MFAA (Multi-frame sampled AA) in the NVIDIA control panel to OFF

Top Bottom