Whorehouse´s

+
@frynse You can change that in your profile options, under "My Account" - "General Settings" - "Thread Display Options" - "Number of Posts to Show Per Page".

About the subject at hand, I think brothels can offer many interesting ideas for deep and creative quests, just as the previous Witcher games have shown; to put them there just for trivial reasons would be a waste and a missed opportunity. But I'm confident in CDPR and in their attention to detail and mature approach to controversial themes.

It depends on the portrayal of brothels.

I can see it enrich the atmosphere in a shady harbor district of Novigrad, where you could be stabbed around every corner,
where life isn't worth anything but a handful of crowns.

But the best thing about its implementation in the game is - like in real life - that people who don't like brothels don't have to enter them.

Personally, I'd rather see a bathhouse where Geralt can chill out with his friends in a big tub and talk about their adventures.

It depends on the portrayal of brothels.

I can see it enrich the atmosphere in a shady harbor district of Novigrad, where you could be stabbed around every corner,
where life isn't worth anything but a handful of crowns.

But the best thing about its implementation in the game is - like in real life - that people who don't like brothels don't have to enter them.

Personally, I'd rather see a bathhouse where Geralt can chill out with his friends in a big tub and talk about their adventures.

This, for a man with all the wounds Geralt's carrying a bathhouse is heaven, nothing like warm water for scar tissue and broken old bones.

Sex in general is, in my humble opinion, part of a mature theme in that it should be understood that sex is part of adult life. There is no need to shy away from showing it, nor is there a need to use it excessively just to make a game "mature" by virtue of having naked men and/or women.

Sex, and brothels, are part of the world and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with showing them if it is part of painting the larger picture of the story/world. That's my idea anyway.

As for interesting twists and turns to such places, I think it is a great idea, but one needs to be careful with matters such as this. What goes for sex (as in, if it is included, it shouldn't feel like it is there just because, it should feel natural) goes double for the more controversial topics. One needs to tread carefully because above all we do not want to use things simply to bluntly whack players over the head with "LOOK! THIS IS BAD! FEEL BAD!". Such issues deserve a lot of care and thought.

It needs to fit the context. It needs to make sense. And it needs to be treated in a way that makes it actually "mature" and not just "gratification". That's my personal theory on it anyway.

And that's how it comes across in your games, especially TW2. I only hope you guys keep on the same path and avoid sanitizing the games. I think this is one of the few times I've seen a dev comment on story aspects, so thanks for the input. :)

Och I'm sure theres been a few such epiphanies delivered by a RED now & then... but I'm fairly confident we'd all like more words of wisdom from on high, regularly, in buckets :p

Yes, I'd like to see them in W3. Brothels are regular part of cities or bigger villages. If there wouldn't be any of them, there will may be missing also taverns, blood, beasts, swords,.. or Dandelion and Geralt..

I wouldn't make some big deal from that - if there would be something to discuss, it could be violence, but not this. If someone would be offended by this, I suppose there won't be any f**king quests :) , so intimate visits will be probably only voluntary. (Just like in W1 and W2.)

It has to be there.Its part of the witcher and the common folk do regularly use these places. I do hope the sex scenes are controlled.Nothing for shock value.

My Geralt wouldn't ever use a brothel as he has a serious partner to attend to.

Well, I doubt brothels will be over-emphasized. We play Geralt, not Dandy. As the devs said, now Geralt is a rather tired man who just wants to find his family. I would say hot bath and drink with friends will be much higher on his agenda than screwing every whore in Novigrad.

Sure we will have a brothel, or two, but I doubt there will be any in-game motivation of using them. Brothels in TW2 are perfect. They are a good setting for some background info and good laughs (Whistling Vendy about Henselt, for example, Carlote about Saskia :) ), some awesome character stories (Margo), and quests (Conspiracy Theory). I expect in TW3 it will be exactly like this.

Wouldn't be surprised in Novigrad if Radovid or whoever is handling his intelligence needs (Knight?) has a few agents in the brothels, listening and paying for secrets that men deep in their cups or trying to impress the ladies will foolishly boast of.

Wouldn't be surprised in Novigrad if Radovid or whoever is handling his intelligence needs (Knight?) has a few agents in the brothels, listening and paying for secrets that men deep in their cups or trying to impress the ladies will foolishly boast of.

I was thinking along the same lines in terms of gameplay opportunities. I'd hope a quest or two involves working with the ladies to gather info or aid in assassinations, poisonings, etc. I like the notion of whores bringing down fat cat politicians, religious hypocrites or corrupt officials.

Last edited:
Hah, I think we risk losing a lifelong friend if we don't let Dandelion handle that. He used to work for Djikstra didn't he, wonder if that'll come up?

I would say hot bath and drink with friends will be much higher on his agenda than screwing every whore in Novigrad.
This reminds me who I want to meet in W3 :)

But you conviced me brothels will be there for me just for really emergency cases :) family will be my main goal.
On top of that - one (the most important) beauty said it's just house of dubious delight and certain gonorrhoea.

Since Witcher 3 is based on the Witcher Series, written by Andrzej Sapkowski, i think that the whorehouse should have some important point on the immersion of the open world, no only a dirty whore in the middle of a tent, a true brothel should have his own security and a big quantity of rooms with whores, information and quest, i mean, c`mon, The Witcher supposed to be a adult game, even if a lot of childrens will play this, but i do not want nudes or some brutal sex scene, i just mean show how are the whorehouses, no some pink false fiction, even Dandelion agree with me.

You don't understand what "adult" or "mature" means.
Sex-scenes and gore are more about censorship, than matureness.
The difference is like with fairy-tales and adult stories. Majority of RPG games are fairy-tales where good is good and evil is evil. In adult stories there are no black-and-white colors.

What comes to my mind is the brothel Dandelion(and Yen) visits in the beginning of Blood of Elves. Sort of private rooms(and secret doors) for secret meetings and what not. No matter your vice.
Also the pigpen? :lol:

Anyway, I don't bother, there's a brothel in every city (I think) so... One thing I'm sure about is that there will be funny moments as always!

Seeing how both The Witcher and The Witcher 2 had brothels I very much doubt that The Witcher 3 will be devoid of them. This really isn’t something one has to worry about, I think.

Also the pigpen? :lol:

Anyway, I don't bother, there's a brothel in every city (I think) so... One thing I'm sure about is that there will be funny moments as always!

And the pigpen! Yes! :yes I mentioned secret doors did I not? Of course we'll have the secret trap door as well, what's the use if we can't have traps and a pigpen awaiting pesky pursuers? If that doesn't work, Yen will be waiting to 'scold' those foolish enough not to stay with the pigs in the pen. Literally scald that is, not the way she scolds Dandelion or Geralt. :laughing:

Haha, what if the devs actually picked up the idea? I know I'll be using it all the time. As soon as some brigands attack me, I'll be running to the brothel.

"That's one randy horny bastard! Wonder if they all get a group discount?" they'll say as I pass the old men and women in the town square for the 57th time, with my ragtag pursuers at my heels.
Really, where do I come up with all this stuff? Time to write a novel. ::)

On another note, I really hated Rience! I have only read two books though so no spoilers please! ;)

Last edited:
I don't really care either way.

Will it have a place in the game? Most likely. Does it mean you have to go there? No.
Like said before, I don't mind if it's in the game, but like OP stated, it should be done properly. Since Novigrad might be a central for backstabbery and political intrigue, being a free-city and all, a whorehouse would be an interesting point to get information on nobles and such, if needed. I put the emphasis on 'if', because I sincerely hope there'll be an option for somewhat avoid political situations. Though, I fear in the end it will be impossible to avoid. Something I don't mind, cause I definitely plan to have a playthrough revolving around that, but I also would like one where I can just go on Geralt's personal quest and earn some <insert valuta here> a long the way by killing monsters.

Top Bottom