Who's the lead?

+
Kinl3y said:
I'm not sure, but I don't think any of the devs ever posted on the forums.

John Mamais' English seems to be very good(guessing from the accent he is a native speaker). I liked Tom Gop, but does he provide gifts of the earth like John Mamais?

He's American. Pretty sure he's from Savannah.

BTW, it's soo cool to see sooo many leads are in-house people that thrived and developed their creativity/expertise while working within CDProjekt... :)/>

Vatt said:
Who's John Mamais though? What are the games he worked on before, and why did CDPR hire an American for the job?

I would leave the nationality part out of the question, as it's irrelevant.

Vatt said:
Who's John Mamais though? What are the games he worked on before, and why did CDPR hire an American for the job?

I believe some time ago he was working for ATARI (not sure if in America or Europe). Thats when he came to know CDP, as our Polish overlords published the first Witcher through Atari.
They offered him a position of producer (I believe just before the Enhanced Edition for Witcher 2 was being worked on), the rest is history. :)/>/>/>

gregski said:
I would leave the nationality part out of the question, as it's irrelevant.
On the contrary, I think it's quite rare to find an American taking a leading position in a Polish game dev studio, so I was curious what made them pick him (like past experience with the kind of game they are trying to create). Anyway, Jack already shed some light on it.

Dont know too much about "leading" positions in general within CDP, but since the studio has kept growing in size, many devs among their ranks have joined in from a variety of European countries (Germany, France, Czeck Rep, even Spain).

And at least a couple of them also have "left" America and relocated in Poland, with their families... (if my memory doesnt betray me, those devs had worked before in projects for Bioware and the now deceased 38 Studios -Kingdoms of Amalur-).

Vatt said:
On the contrary, I think it's quite rare to find an American taking a leading position in a Polish game dev studio, so I was curious what made them pick him (like past experience with the kind of game they are trying to create). Anyway, Jack already shed some light on it.

This might help a little .
http://www.gamecareers.biz/?p=1008

JackinTheGreen said:
And at least a couple of them also have "left" America and relocated in Poland, with their families... (if my memory doesnt betray me, those devs had worked before in projects for Bioware and the now deceased 38 Studios -Kingdoms of Amalur-).

Really? Good for them! I am glad at least some devs found good jobs after 38 Studios disaster.

Top Bottom