Who's up for a threesome?

+

Who's up for a threesome?

• Total voters
I am a bit disappointed after reading the post, a threesome with Bloth would have been awesome. ^^
On a serious note: Why do you think Loredo should always die? I left him alive as often as I have killed him.

I tried to leave it alone, but I just couldn't let Loredo go. Spared Henselt though...the bastard. He's not making a kingslayer out of my Geralt.

Just finished TW1 and now I'm on my 10th TW2 playthrough

On my first pro-yennefer save, being neutral and friend-zoning Triss

Last edited:
I was planning to do this as well. Since all my saves are on a broken hard drive, it's kind of a necessity. I'll probably cap off TW1 and TW2 a week in advance so I get a break, and then take a day or two off from work so I get a looooong weekend to go balls deep in Temeria one glorious last time.

My "threesome" is a bit problematic...

I want to do a play through of both Witchers on the hardest difficulty levels in Polish (to date, I've only done them in English. I'm fluent in Polish though)
So I managed to get through Witcher 1 on hard.
I have a feeling Witcher 2 on insane just make take me until release day to play through the whole thing (I'm not THAT good at Witcher 2 to not have to worry; have already failed 4 times)

To all fellow witchers out there, godspeed.
May the Eternal Fire give you strength and guidance :D
(kidding, kidding)

Last edited:
Well, even though I always kill Loredo, I don't hate him. That dude never had a chance in life, with a mother like his who was a psychopath, schizophrenic, and drug-addict. I always wonder how he manages to keep at least an appearance of sanity in public (when no one is around, he does not, according to Zoltan), it must be tremendously hard.

I will be doing re-reading and re-playing a bit later, after I am done with DS2. Right now from time to time I find myself looking for soul harvesting opportunities on the streets of Los Angeles, and it is getting slightly out of hand. But as soon as the last boss is slain, I will be back in TW world.

Last edited:
Came here for sorceresses action, was not disappointed.

I still haven't played the Roche path in TW2 with the new Enhanced Edition content, so that's definetly on my list. That means I won't be able to play the Secrets of Loc Muinne quest again, but hey. I am looking forward to meet the new character on the Roche path.

Same here, I have not played Iorveth's path on the new enhanced edition. :)

Play it both of you, you won't be disappointed, the enhanced edition missions are some of the best quests in the game if not the entire genre.

I'd still save the women knowing that Loredo could get away. Because there it's actual vs potential, and judging potential isn't really possible anyway, while judging actual (saving or not saving them) is very concrete. But it would be interesting if they bring this thug back just to play out that choice.

I'd say it is possible to estimate potential vs. immediate utility. People do it all the time. There even seem to be neural mechanisms devoted to estimating probability density functions and assessing risk in decision making. The problem with choosing maximum immediate utility vs. maximizing future utility is that in the long run you may not achieve actually desirable results. In purely algorithmic terms, think greedy graph search vs. heuristic search such as IDA*. One interesting application of (mathematical) decision theory and logic is showing that humans aren't rational.

Bluntly speaking, in this particular scenario killing Loredo negates the possibility of him abusing more victims, where as saving the elven women provides an immediate "reward" but enables Loredo to sustain his lifestyle.

I think Geralt would save the elven women, but I think Loredo should die. In ancient cultures, harmful individuals (killers for instance) would be banished and left to die. In post agricultural and industrialized societies, it seems they are allowed to direct the lives of others and are kept well fed.

Last edited:
Bluntly speaking, in this particular scenario killing Loredo negates the possibility of him abusing more victims, where as saving the elven women provides an immediate "reward" but enables Loredo to sustain his lifestyle.

I'd say it's an application of the principle "other blood isn't more red". I.e. in this case both choices are harmful. So how do you decide whose blood is "more red" i.e. who deserves to be saved more? So here the conflict is resolved by what I said above. Actual harm takes precedence against probable harm which is not guaranteed.

Last edited:
CDPR don't give us too many choices.... The Geralt in books saves the elven by urgency and hunts Loredo just before join Ioverth. A poor creature like Loredo has no chance in front a Witcher who really want kill him. And Geralt knows it.

I think games should progressively adopt a computer simulation approach, where each agent behaves and interacts with each other according to simplified models. Weather and objects based on simplified physics, people and animals on rudimentary models of cognition and social dynamics.

For instance, if Geralt is truly fast he could put out the fire but not take out the elves, and then catch up with Loredo whose bad physical condition won't let him run far. If we influence the people of Flotsam sufficiently, they might decide to block the roads slowing Loredo even more. But maybe one or two elves will still die from suffocation, while Iorveth slowly brings them out of the tower.

Let's use modern processing power for more than rendering!

Bloth a threesome? Really only a threesome?

I actually timed how many days in advance I would have to start to get through both The Witcher and Assassin of kings in a comfortable pace.
The plan is to time it so perfectly that I finish through both on the evening before I get my hands on the wild hunt. Then take a really long nights sleep, buy enough food for a week or so, disable the Internet and telephone. And play through the whole game before turning the telephone and Internet back on.

And since the game is delayed my plan to do this all while being in a small cabin in the woods couldn't be more perfect... Let's hope for snow and dark, cold nights during release time.

Then when everything is done, I shall repeat the process just using different choices ;D

We could create a file with all the different threesomes playthroughs because I played the witcher 2 like 30 times but I always forgot to keep my end-game saves.

I think games should progressively adopt a computer simulation approach, where each agent behaves and interacts with each other according to simplified models.

It would be hard to replace a scripted story written by a human with comparable artificial intelligence behavior. Not with the current AI technologies at least. It can be done however in cases where random outcomes are acceptable.

It would be hard to replace a scripted story written by a human with comparable artificial intelligence behavior. Not with the current AI technologies at least. It can be done however in cases where random outcomes are acceptable.

I understand game AI is probably decades behind, but I still think it could be done. I am not talking about a game built automatically by the computer. I am also not talking about random outcomes. Instead, I mean the possibility of certain events being accessible could be determined by a combination of properties and dynamics instead of simple scripts. For instance, the possibility of saving some of the elves and killing or at least badly hurting Loredo, vs the scripted choice of either one of them. All events could and should be contemplated by the writers, but like in good cRPG's not all of them will be accessible. The different is sort of like having a non linear transition function, based on a combination of previous states, instead of a deterministic material implication.

If they design Flotsam inhabitants to have a tendency to group, rebel or loot, then these events could be considered in the narrative but them actually happening could be determined by interactions between them, with us and their current disposition to do so. By "agents behaving according to models" (of the world) I mean a solution to the whole "each character has their own agenda", not an alternative to proper writing.

Of course this might open the door to unexpected behavior, but I suppose it could be restricted in the first generation of simulation oriented cRPG's :p

Last edited:
Surely there is a lot of room for using better AI with already existing technologies in modern games. I think it boils down to how much effort and time it requires to implement.

I unfortunately would be too busy. In fact I'm not even sure I'd get TW3 before Summer 2015 (and even then, I'm not sure, depends how I progress with my thesis).

Hey there @knightofphoenix; good to know you aren't forgetting your old friend Geralt, and it's good you have your priorities straight ! Good luck with the thesis, if I haven't offered that already... perhaps you'll give us a taste of what you're working on sometime :)

... and drag-addict.

She's most of what you said for sure.... but Loredos' mother has an uncontrollable urge to dress as a male npc ? Not sure I noticed that, what odd behaviour, perhaps the irrational AI is already emergent :p

As for the topic... after playing TW1 with Polish voiceover & English subs I heartily recommend this variation to everyone, the Polsh voices are great, I've even picked up a few words... @Blothulfur; I suspect Swedish might suit your mood best, ya dirtbird :p

The poll :rofl:

Anyway a die-hard witcher fan should pass this ordeal before playing TW3
- Book saga
- TW1
- TW2

We have much time...very much.

Top Bottom