Who's your favourite woman?

+
Specialforces52 said:
doubt u guys will know of her unless uve read the books but Yennefer is BA =]
Reading The last Wish now. I look forward to meeting Yennefer, in this book or the next.

yea ull meet her in the last wish... im currently reading blood of elves rite now... its pretty good so far... im liking the actual story and not just a collection of short stories like in the last wish... cant wait till (umm prolly next yr) when the 3rd book (2nd of the saga) is translated... =]

I like many of the women in The Witcher, but my all-time favorite is Triss Merigold. Though sometimes her attitude can be a bit fussy and difficult.

Guest 2091327

In the Withoutskirts? :pThought Shani was quite lovely. Naturally Triss is good too, but I had some itched worried about her as the game progressed. The Lady of the Lake was 'nice' too.

Pangaea said:
In the Withoutskirts? :pThought Shani was quite lovely. Naturally Triss is good too, but I had some itched worried about her as the game progressed. The Lady of the Lake was 'nice' too.
The lady of the lake teased Geralt about his legendary prowess. :(Cracked me up though.

Guest 2091327

It was a funny conversation. I liked it. Nice with stuff a little "outside the box".

In terms of sex scene I loved Vesna Hood, it was funny and clearly the devs had a special idea and thats why it was a little more than the standard encounter shows.As far as personalities go, I enjoyed Shani's character a great deal, she seemed like a true genuine, strong, intelligent woman.

I thought the dryad was the sexiest, walking around half nude. Then the banker girl was a nice surprise. Then Shanni and the hooker tied for third. Too bad shani wasn't more open minded :p

As a "soul mate" for Geralt, since Yennifer isn't in the game, it has to be Triss.Triss and Geralt are evenly matched, even though Triss moves easily in high society and Geralt, well, smells a little too much of swamp water. Triss is as much a cougar as Geralt is a tomcat, but they're both mature enough that they shouldn't have trouble over an open relationship.Shani, sweet and brave and smart as she is, is terribly insecure. What she needs, things like a stable home to raise children, Geralt can't provide, and he's deluding himself if he thinks he can.But as a female character I'd like to get to know a lot better, Abigail. There are depths to her that haven't been revealed.

HumbertHumbert said:
I thought the dryad was the sexiest, walking around half nude. Then the banker girl was a nice surprise. Then Shanni and the hooker tied for third. Too bad shani wasn't more open minded :p
Good I'm not the only one who enjoyed the clerk ;)My favorite is the Lady of the Lake, but Triss is a close second followed by Carmen. I like all the more powerful ladies. Maybe since I'm a girl? Oh and the bruxas at the night house in the Trade Quarter :)

inasaga said:
I like all the more powerful ladies. Maybe since I'm a girl?
I'm a girl, too, and my favorite woman is Shani. I like her BECAUSE she's not powerful in any way except what normal humans can achieve. She's smart, strong, brave, dedicated, and caring, and she goes to highly dangerous places to do what she sees as her duty withOUT the ability to throw fireballs or cast spells or do anything out of the ordinary. It takes incredible guts to work as a medic on a battlefield -- as Shani did at Brenna and did again in Chapter 5 -- and it takes incredible guts to knowingly go into a plague zone to care for people. Other women in the game have more power, but none has more courage. I think her dedication and caring could be an example to a lot of the powerful people in the game.

@CoryleaI think Inasaga meant "strong" when she said "powerful". Carmen doesn't exactly fit the bill as far as "power" is concerned. But if strong willed female characters are considered, I think Shani will top the list. Though she doesn't have magical abilities, at least in TW1 she goes toe to toe with Triss in most aspects... except when ones pop up that require magical intervention.

Shani is indeed brave. She's sweet and dedicated.But Triss is in control, and for some reason I like that.Edit: ok, maybe that was too much information, lol.

slimgrin said:
But Triss is in control, and for some reason I like that.
I'll pretend I didn't get your real intent, and focus on what it might have meant when you said "control"I personally like Shani (as a person) more than Triss. But the game demands that Triss have a bigger role than Shani. Triss is the only one who could teleport the injured Geralt out from the tower, or take care of source Alvin, or stand side by side with him and fry some mutant salamandra @ss. As a result, in most of my playthroughs I chose Triss.But that kind of "power" has nothing to do with who you "like" more. If you like a person because he/she is powerful, it's more likely you like the power rather than the person.

slimgrin said:
I have a friend who's a domme; maybe I should introduce you. She's smart, funny, and wields a mean whip. She might be a little old for you, but then, an age differential just adds to the power differential....
slimgrin said:
slimgrin said:
I'll pretend I didn't get your real intent, and focus on what it might have meant when you said "control"I personally like Shani (as a person) more than Triss. But the game demands that Triss have a bigger role than Shani. Triss is the only one who could teleport the injured Geralt out from the tower, or take care of source Alvin, or stand side by side with him and fry some mutant salamandra @ss. As a result, in most of my playthroughs I chose Triss.
I chose Shani the first three times I played Chapter 3, and after that, I chose Triss. I like Shani better as a person, but Triss fits into Geralt's lifestyle more than Shani does. In MP1, Shani is the main woman, because they're dealing with physical disease. In MP2, Shani is still present, but Triss is Geralt's main helper, because frankly, she can do more.I know all the people who've been able to read the entire series of books are desperate to see Yennefer in the game. I've only read three of them, though (the two that are in English, plus Sword of Destiny in French), and I'm glad that Yennefer is dead, and the sorceress in Geralt's life is Triss. Yennefer seemed completely selfish and amoral in the books I read. People who've been able to read all of them say that she gets some better, and god, I hope so. But Triss, though she seems kind of hard next to Shani, is sweetness itself next to Yennefer. I'll take her!

Corylea said:
Yennefer seemed completely selfish and amoral in the books I read.
You'll like her if you get to know her. All those things you see her clinging on to initially are only to show how much those things mean to her once. Then she'll be seen to give them up one by one for the sake of her love. It is then that you'll respect her even more. In the end she gives up her own life in an attempt to save Geralt. Doesn't that say enough about the sacrifices she had made and was willing to make?

Top Bottom