Whose head Geralt is wearing?

+
Whose head Geralt is wearing?

I'd like to know if Geralt's face is a construct or it actually belongs to someone? (Some actor, member of the staff, janitor :D ) Does anyone know that? I' like to put that person into my will ;D

ausir

Forum veteran
Geralt's head is based on concept art by Przemysław Truściński (a Polish comic book artist).

Thanx. Where could I see his sketches? Anything else of his works? I'm a little confused about Geralt's head because his skin is so believable in the movies, next to alive... Gosh he is awesome! :D

Sattva said:
Thanx. Where could I see his sketches? Anything else of his works? I'm a little confused about Geralt's head because his skin is so believable in the movies, next to alive... Gosh he is awesome! :D
If you like the intro and the outro you might also be interested in this guy and his other works. He almost won an Oscar for The Cathedral (which, btw, he made completely by himself, save for the sound, I think) but the award was eventually snatched by Some Other Short Movie The Title Of Which I Will Not Mention .

Aggravaar said:
Aggravaar said:
If you like the intro and the outro you might also be interested in this guy and his other works. He almost won an Oscar for The Cathedral (which, btw, he made completely by himself, save for the sound, I think) but the award was eventually snatched by Some Other Short Movie The Title Of Which I Will Not Mention .
Wow. Nice creepy atmosphere.

ausir

Forum veteran
Sattva said:
Truściński is working on a new graphic novel based on the Witcher novels, here are sample pages from it:http://www.thewitcher.com/resources/upload/comic/Comic_1_pl.jpghttp://www.thewitcher.com/resources/upload/comic/Comic_2_pl.jpgAnd here's his official website:http://www.trusthead.com/

First of all, thanks to the topic creator for asking this.So much art! I watched The Cathedral and Fallen Art. I went around on the Oscar sites and stuff. Never learned so much in such a short time.That guy is amazing!!! But unfortanitly, it's all about politics and friendships. :( But i'm glad you guys showed us what he is capable off.How about letting him make a long full animated movie about The Witcher? ;)

WhiteFox said:
First of all, thanks to the topic creator for asking this.So much art! I watched The Cathedral and Fallen Art. I went around on the Oscar sites and stuff. Never learned so much in such a short time.That guy is amazing!!! But unfortanitly, it's all about politics and friendships. :( But i'm glad you guys showed us what he is capable off.How about letting him make a long full animated movie about The Witcher? ;)
An animated movie of TW would indeed be most welcome.3D Modeling is a lot work, yet it offers less headache with finding real actors as you can use the voice actors again (I hate it when movie and game have not the same voices for the same characters!)Plus, 3D modeling allows much more freedom in what you can do and show :D and I wouldn't mind a peek behind the curtains of the Flaming Rose, princess Adda, Salamandra! In fact I would be thrilled to get to see more of the evil side, too.

Maybe it can show what happened to Geralt between the book and the game? Ending with the first ingame scene of the game.I don't know, but would be cool. Someone start a petition already? ;D

Frankly, I doubt they'll do it (the way fans would want it in any case).Remember the Tomb Raider project? Personally, I have nothing against A. Jolie, but she was the crappiest Lara Croft in existence - IMO - because she is a real actress. And this raises economical issues (nobody would go to a game-based movie featuring an unknown actress - an identical twin to some obscure game heroine, but anyone would go to any crap where A.Jolie starrs).I would rather not see a low-budget movie at all, but I would be as much reluctant to see this beautiful project butchered for economical reasons.The movie stands a limited chance of taking off if someone writes a prodigeous, awesome, fantastic script and someone agrees to implement it as another Beowulf. But Beowulf is a widely known story, and - let's be frank - how many people outside Polish community know who is the Witcher, or (no offense!) Sapkowsky?True, there's the challenge of doing better (technically-wise) than Beowulf, but it takes great guts and LOTS of financial backup to make something new (like Shrek - previously a rather shadowy figure to my knowledge), and then again, the makers would have to invent some unparalelled twist that would rouse the curiosity of masses.Sorry if I sound so pessimistic, but none of my favourites were pictured right by Hollywood...Nevertheless, if some project connected with the Witcher launches by some miracle, it will have my full support ;D I even promise to turn off my pessimism for a while :D

Sattva said:
Nevertheless, if some project connected with the Witcher launches by some miracle, it will have my full support ;D I even promise to turn off my pessimism for a while :D
I guess that sentence sums up my attitude as well.I'm pessimistic about The Witcher CG for a completely different reason, though. I'm into the whole CG stuff (actually I'm fascinated with it) but I don't like the idea of "realistic" full CG movies. Short movies (Cathedral, Ryan etc) I love, they don't attempt to immitate reality, they rather show a full-motion artistic interpretation, that's where the CG artists really show their worth. Mimezis in CG's ok when it somes to combining actor movies with CG elements, not rebuilding reality but skewing and enhancing it to your needs. Shrek and the like are supposed to look kinda cartoony, that works well too. CG cinematics in games work great, they stay in touch with the in-game graphics.Making a CG movie for the sake of it being CG (see: the 1st Final Fantasy movie) is, to my mind, reducing CG to less than it is. Modelling, texturing and animating characters that could just as well be portrayed by actors is a waste of CG potential and, frankly, a waste of the artists' time as well.I suspect some of them think the same. Look at the galleries from www.cgtalk.com, for example. Some of these guys make amazing CG heads based on celebrities but they do it to work on their craft (before you make the convincing un-real you must master the real). Others make realistic surroundings, mostly for architectural needs.But the best of the best, the elite, the upper crust, the magicians of CG will make monsters and aliens and downright disturbing creatures that could never be seen in our world. They'll craft strange, eerie surroundings. They'll submerge their creations in artistic surrealism. They will make the impossible look real. There's no point in making the real look real, it's already real, and re-doing it is less interesting.Full CG Witcher... nah. I'd rather see a well made actor movie with good CG in it. But if they do decide to make one I'll be lookin forward to seeing it.

The Final Fantasy Movie is pretty old - and with nowadays technology and knowledge I am convinced they can do better.Even if Shrek wasn't realistic graphic - it was a cool 3D movie - and the story pushed me close to my laughing-threshold.Shrek II and III was ok, but not as good as the first part.But well, given we have good european designers who give a rat's ass what prudish people pacifists might think, it probably would be the best way to go.Honestly, I want the known familiar faces - with the known familiar voices and not some real actors with different voices and probably not half as close to the looks.

You know...not only graphics make a movie.I'm listening to amb_brzeg.ogg (found in your game date/music folder) and I can imagin some sunset, with Geralt sitting in front of a small fire... poking it... talking to some girl or Dendilion.Final Fantasy missed atmo. It was all show and tech... They tried to add a nice story, but it was just that... a story.I know, with the right people, the right sounds and voices and the right music/atmo it can become something nice. You all saw The Cathedral... not even words were spoke. It's all about putting the FX in service of the atmosphere. Not the other way around.The world of the witchers has alot of potential, but somehow the right atmo was never created for the movie/series I guess. From the screenshots I have seen, the king would have suited better in Monty Pyton then in such a dark world as that. Nah,the ingame Foltest... when he turns his head slowly after giving Geralt the purse of coins in the end... THAT look, gave me a feeling I was seeing a true noble and brave king. The smile on Geralts face as he walked away... that was the stuff that stood out for me the most.Meh, would be nice if they succeeded, but for now I guess no one brave/rich/good enough came by to bring the world truly alive...Mix The Hills Have Eyes with Van Hellsing ... I think you would be almost there. lol Almost...

Rhian said:
(snip)Honestly, I want the known familiar faces - with the known familiar voices and not some real actors with different voices and probably not half as close to the looks.
Rhian said:
(snip)Final Fantasy missed atmo. It was all show and tech... They tried to add a nice story, but it was just that... a story.I know, with the right people, the right sounds and voices and the right music/atmo it can become something nice. You all saw The Cathedral... not even words were spoke. It's all about putting the FX in service of the atmosphere. Not the other way around.The world of the witchers has alot of potential, but somehow the right atmo was never created for the movie/series I guess. From the screenshots I have seen, the king would have suited better in Monty Pyton then in such a dark world as that. Nah,the ingame Foltest... when he turns his head slowly after giving Geralt the purse of coins in the end... THAT look, gave me a feeling I was seeing a true noble and brave king. The smile on Geralts face as he walked away... that was the stuff that stood out for me the most.Meh, would be nice if they succeeded, but for now I guess no one brave/rich/good enough came by to bring the world truly alive...Mix The Hills Have Eyes with Van Hellsing ... I think you would be almost there. lol Almost...
Couldn't agree more!It's so uplifting to know there are people out there who share your point of view ;D

I think there are many more. But it has been said to much and there is nothing we or they can do to change it...But never forget:Every minute holds a million possibilities. ;)

WhiteFox said:
It's all about putting the FX in service of the atmosphere. Not the other way around.
And that, I think, should be carved in a large slab of granite.The said slab of granite should be used to hit certain movie producers in the head, repeatedly and enthusiastically, until they get the point.

Top Bottom