Why am I fighting Nilfgaardian soldiers twice my level amongst bandits in Velen?

+
Why am I fighting Nilfgaardian soldiers twice my level amongst bandits in Velen?

I'm playing on New Game +. I"m about level 37 or so. And when I come across a group of bandits, I notice there are two Nilfgaardian soldiers among them with Red Skulls over there health bar. They basically destroy me. Something is not right here. I don't recall this happening in my vanilla play through. This seems way out of balance here. The bandits are all at my level while the soldiers clad in armor are basically death incarnate. Was this some weird feature patched in to up the difficulty or something? I really hope not.

I'm playing on New Game +. I"m about level 37 or so. And when I come across a group of bandits, I notice there are two Nilfgaardian soldiers among them with Red Skulls over there health bar. They basically destroy me. Something is not right here. I don't recall this happening in my vanilla play through. This seems way out of balance here. The bandits are all at my level while the soldiers clad in armor are basically death incarnate. Was this some weird feature patched in to up the difficulty or something? I really hope not.

If I have understood what bandits are you talking about, it's normal.
Is there a person in distress?

I had something similar happen to me in my very first play through in the Grey Rocks area but in a slightly different order. I got into a fight with some bandits and 2 patrolling Nilfgaardian Soldiers showed up. I unintentionally hit one of them with igni and then got owned. So it could have been something similar happened to you.

RageGT

Forum veteran
Get to the proper level. It is the same in NG, they're level 16 IIRC, should be 56 in NG+. Of course we can meet them at much earlier level in our side but then it is just nearly impossible to beat them. In NG+ we have a much better chance even with the level difference, assuming you imported the best gear, oils, bombs from your NG

PS: Definitely not a glitch. Just not a low level POI.

Last edited:

If it is where I am thinking it is a citizen in distress are and the two nilfgardians have shields also . The trick is to get them from behind and try and keep them one at a time they are hard being at what ever level they are at verses yours . I don't think it is a glitch but I do think they are guard stats instead of deserter .

It's definitely not a glitch. It's a Point Of Interest where bandits are negotiating slave trade with Nilfgaardian officers.

It's only natural for the nilfgaardians to be a higher level than comon bandits. I happened upon this in my first playthrough and it took everything out of me to finish those guys off. Epic battle, back then.

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Hi! This is not a glitch! You have to lvl up to beat them :)

Here's a trick I picked up fighting this particular point of interest. Kill all the lower level guys leaving the two big baddies. Make sure you use your Gryphon head which gives you 10% to auto-kill. Use axii on them, stand behind their back, and do a Strong attack. It may end their life in one try.. sometimes it takes a few. But this is an easy way to clear those two high-level mobs.

Top Bottom