Why am i getting so many disrespectful opponents?

+
About 60% of all my matches this season so far and i have played about 60 of them and am stuck on rank 18 result in my opponents being <edit>. With constant taunts throughout the match, <edit> moves when I already conceited because there was no way I can win looking at the points difference, or when I am going to win they disconnect or they simply don't play any cards and let the timer run out.

I mean it's just a game and win or lose we can still be respectful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never experienced someone waiting until the timer runs out when they are going to win anyway. Never.

If you have an issue with the emotes you should really direct that towards the devs. All of the emotes sound disrespectful. You could also mute them.

when I am going to win they disconnect or they simply don't play any cards and let the timer run out.

It's not just Gwent, in many CCGs your opponents are roping when they see that you are going to win no matter what they do.

Anyway, there are a lot (not 60%, maybe 15-20%) players in Gwent who indeed disconnect or rope when they see they are about to lose round 3. Perhaps they hope that you will accidentally concede or disconnect (or the game bugs out), but most likely it's just BM. Sadly, there's no way to quickly report them. I even doubt CDPR would consider that a bad behavior.

As for the emotes, they all sound like taunts. When my opponent spams emotes, I usually simply mute him.

I always have the taunts muted (only exception are friend matches). I don't even know how it is these days :).

As for roping and weird disconnects, I rarely experience that these days.

TBH, in the game that has little to no interactions between the players those taunts are really funny, like a breath of the fresh air. There are so many matches where no one says anything, it's like you are playing with bots. I like to throw some taunts here and there. Like to finish the match with them, not spam though. I like to signal the demise of my opponent, his or mine mistake or maybe the bad luck with "curses". Although, what I would really appreciate is - responses sounding a bit more genuine, not so sarcastic. Like I really want to applaud my opponent for cheeky plays but instead I get "well done" said in a joking manner. I also want some kind of "sorry" response, like when your opponent loses by 1 point or draws completely dead card (and loses the match because of it).

If you want more interaction, CDPR should consider adding a hello response to the list of taunts. I don't mind taunts myself especially when I see mistake by me or my opponents but I been getting spam taunts from start to finish which is just plain annoying.

partci

Forum veteran
I can definitely see that said trend this season - happens to me regularly and I see it happens to streamers all the time too.

The player base just degenerated. Me too in this regard - I give a GG in 1 out of 10 games at best, though I will never disconnect or rope when my opponent (me, in that case) never ever emotes, while you are playing GS or Alchemy or whatever is the most OP deck today, while I am buggering with some meme deck, trying to have fun and you are running away with 60 points and are BMing me, because you are so much better and smarter. >_<

Speaking of emotes - I use my Iorveth maybe once a day or two, and if I use it it will be for actually something... extraordinary (me or oppo misplayed HARD and just FeltGoodMan). This thing where me and oppo emoted to have an actual "conversation" died a painful dead some time ago. And if I have to pin point that moment - it was right after the Mid-Winter Fiasco. I don't really want to balme everything in Gwent today because of that event. but here we are now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a few opponents roping recently in ranked which is frankly sad, thankfully there has only been a few.

Taunts don't bother me, I rather enjoy them to be honest - many players have responded with 'well played' when I've made a good move or won using decks that are not obvious net-decks or something innovative. And as other posters have said you can always mute if it does annoy you.

One trend I have seen is a small number of players bothering to make the effort to request friendship after a game simply to troll: One person told me I was the worse player s/he had ever played which was nice (probably true but that's besides the point). Another said (paraphrasing) I was despicable, cheating and destroying the game, presumably because I was playing a weather-heavy moonlight deck, despite the fact they were playing obviously net-decked tedious great-swords crap! Sad people.

Because respectful opponents can't connect due to the "Downloading Card Definitions" error, I believe. Has that issue been resolved yet?

I did that once on casual. I don't remember who I played against but I felt like my opponent trolled me by the way he/she played against my cards. I don't know why but it upset me immensely and I started roping to the last second then got up and left the computer. However, I do regret such behavior. It was just a game and I took it way too seriously than necessary.

About 60% of all my matches this season so far and i have played about 60 of them and am stuck on rank 18 result in my opponents being <edit>. With constant taunts throughout the match, <edit> moves when I already conceited because there was no way I can win looking at the points difference, or when I am going to win they disconnect or they simply don't play any cards and let the timer run out.

This is normal now. I really despise the timer losers. Down2 cards after round one so just let the timer keep going in hopes i forfeit. Netdeck losers always taunt as if they are a brilliant deck builder. Unfortunately game well get frustrating after rank 18 as home made decks won't get you past 20. I always quit at 19 because i refuse to play greatswords or reveal

I did that once on casual. I don't remember who I played against but I felt like my opponent trolled me by the way he/she played against my cards. I don't know why but it upset me immensely and I started roping to the last second then got up and left the computer. However, I do regret such behavior. It was just a game and I took it way too seriously than necessary.

Somehow gwent had made me more frustrated than any game in 30 plus years I've been gaming. Even more than the broken nes games i played. However i have never broke a controller on gwent. My poor genesis controllers 😞

Sometimes when my opponent plays alchemy in casual! i don`t give gg. cause i think "wtf" . but for me it`s often a state of mind. if i`m relaxed, then nobody can anger me (although the taunt spammers are a bit on the far side of the spectrum). on the other hand, if i had a hard day, gwent can rub me wrong hard (one itch away before throwing the mouse through the monitor). hm, i think i should play diablo 2 on these days :)

Seems there is always someone out there to ruin it for the rest of us. Fortunately the jerks are the minority of my matches. I hope it stays that way.

Just a reminder: it's not okay to call someone a roper and mention his or her username in public.

I find it Amusing how easily people feel disRespected...
I find what u mentioned just mere annoyance.. that can be easily handled by turning off taunts
& from my personal experience Only a very small fraction of players especially at rank 18 disconnect or let timer run out..

Top Bottom