Why are black horses PURPLE?

+

Guest 3842565

Why are black horses PURPLE?

In reality, black horses may look slightly purple/bluish due to play of light, but in the game, when looking at the horse even from a close distance, it's downright PURPLE (for example Vesemir's and Eskel's horses, and the Nilfgaardian pure-bred horse you can get from Emhyr if you refuse coin for Ciri). Why is that?

Guest 3842565

Please adjust your tv-set lol.
You mean my brightness is too high? Are these horses black for you? Never had such an issue in other games, and I always leave brightness on default level.

You mean my brightness is too high? Are these horses black for you? Never had such an issue in other games, and I always leave brightness on default level.

All I can say is that they're black on my screen. I use the PS4 and Im pretty sure everything is on default. Try to turn it down until they're black and see how the rest of the world looks.

This is not black

This is black

it has nothing to do with the settings

Last edited:
Lighting mods have nothing to do with it either. Black horses should be as dark as their mane and tail, not blueish

Guest 3842565

This is not black

This is black

it has nothing to do with the settings

Yeah, this is just what I mean and what I see in the game, AFAIK bluish/purple horses don't even exist. I tried lowering brightness to the lowest value, but the horse is still clearly purple, even in darkness.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Indigo blue/purple (whichever) drives me nuts too. But then again as a person who has been around horses all my life, there are a few things about the horses in this game that make me think "really???"

If you can't fix it and it's driving you insane, maybe use the mod tools to make a truely black horse? If you change the skins of black horses, it affects all of them.

Top Bottom