Why are people crying about the patch so much?

+
Oh, my god, stop twisting my words. I am not saying don't be annoyed at the delay, there's nothing wrong with that, but hurling abuse and CDPR and bleating on about how they've betrayed your trust and all that bullshit is an incredibly pathetic and over-entitled response to a minor inconvenience. And, yes, it is a MINOR inconvenience. You still own the game, you still own the platform you play it on, you still have access to a building to sit in and play as well as the power source required to do so. It is a MINOR invonvenience. An annoying one, yes, but not one that deserves the kind of response it has garnered thus far.

Chill. The. Fuck. Out.

---------- Updated at 07:15 PM ----------

Definately aggre with you, some people simply got nothing better to do then to complain, because this game is all they have currently - which is sad.

I am also waiting for the patch and can't wait for it to be released, all those 'whiners' should start to realize that bitching won't speed up the process.
CDPR is certainly doing all they can to finish up a quality patch, which will solve issues instead of creating new ones and for a game of this size, it takes time.

But hey, patience, common-sense and maturity are things most people simply do not have, which is why the complaining will continue.

Complaining is all well and good, but most people are stepping way over the line, and it just pisses me off. They've spent years of their lives making the game for us to play and enjoy, it's not like they are having a blast knowing the game is bugged for a lot of people. But hurling abuse at them and making grandiose declarations of betrayal and such is just pointless and pathetic. It serves no one and solves nothing.

I get that delays and such are frustrating, but what's more frustrating is seeing people unironically accusing CDPR of betraying their trust or whatever, like the CEO had personally come round to their house and guaranteed the release day would be on this or that specific date or that there wouldn't be a single bug or glitch ever, and so on.

It's just sad. It's just a video game. Either wait patiently, or get a refund. Playing the wounded soldier on the forums just makes you look pathetic.

cant get a refund on a console game once its been opened genius

cant get a refund on a console game once its been opened genius

The console gamer says to the pc gamer.

Seriously though, you must not be in Europe, cos we can over here.

EDIT: Also, how the hell are you gonna know if the game works or not if you don't open it? That is just so dumb.

I think the more pertinent question here is why do people feel the need to white knight for CDPR or any development studio in situations like this?

Infinite loading screens, bugged save files, no XP bugs, etc... these are major game breaking issues that should NEVER have made it past their QA team and been released in the first place.

How did these types of glaring issues slip by their testers? Either their testers are terrible, they have inadequate test coverage, or they were aware of the issues and released with them anyways. Regardless of which it was, the fault lies squarely with the developer. It make absolutely no sense to criticize the community for being upset with these issues that completely break the product they paid for.

Dude I don't understand your vendetta here. You're calling people out for flaming and attacking.....by flaming and attacking. And then seemingly selectively dismiss the level headed, rational comments in the thread. Very awkward...

And, yes, it is a MINOR inconvenience. You still own the game, you still own the platform you play it on, you still have access to a building to sit in and play as well as the power source required to do so. It is a MINOR invonvenience.

Also, this makes zero sense. I fail to see how owning the PC and the house you live in has any relevance to the current situation. You've gotta keep things in perspective. No one is saying that this is MAJOR inconvenience in the scope of their whole life. But in the context of the product that was purchased, it is a MAJOR inconvenience. Now, how you respond to that inconvenience...that's what I addressed in my previous post. Which, apparently, was ignored BECAUSE it didn't contain insults.

How did these types of glaring issues slip by their testers?

Maybe like me and many others, their testers didn't encounter these issues? If you are a QA tester IRL then you should know that bugs that don't occur 100% of the time can be missed. No QA team can catch 100% of bugs.

I haven't been able to play since the 27th/28th due to a CTD bug on fast travel that so far has stopped me playing my save game with 100+ hours, now not knowing if when I start another game it will or will not happen again after I get to the point of going to Skellige in a new game kind of leaves me not wanting to play.

I've submitted tickets ect to support and heard nothing back hell they haven;t even asked for the 8+ crash dump logs I have and Via support it wont let me upload them as it always says "wrong file type"... Now I like the game a lot but I'm not going to want to play it if every time I play how I want, IE exploring and ignore the main quests for a while means the game breaks.

It would be nice if some one from CDPR or who ever is doing the support would actually give us a place to send crash logs so they can look into what is causing them, maybe some one can help with this is there an email address to send crash logs too? or do i have to use the Gog support that wont let me upload crash logs?

Maybe like me and many others, their testers didn't encounter these issues? If you are a QA tester IRL then you should know that bugs that don't occur 100% of the time can be missed. No QA team can catch 100% of bugs.

I agree you can never except to catch 100% of the bugs but that simply isn't a valid excuse. I would be fired from my job immediately if I released a hotfix to our customers with these types of regressions that completely break the product. Plus it's not like these issues are isolated to some obscure fringe use cases and only affecting a small handful of people. These are affecting large pools of users and are associated with main quest lines and around basic functionality with saved game files and core XP mechanics. Unless their test team consists of 3 guys with absolutely zero automation it blows my mind how this stuff could be missed.

I'm glad you have not been effected by these issues but that doesn't diminish how game breaking it is for the rest of the userbase that is being effected

All German People here, call/email consumer advice (Verbraucherschutz zentrale) :) sell a broke game, no info on Case the game is unplayable

I can understand that people want to play and that they paid good money for this game. What I don't understand is that everybody is acting as if they believe CDPR aren't working their butts off to give us the best possible experience. Leaving harsh posts stating your dissatisfaction and saying you will not buy future games if your 'demands' aren't met is simply immature and will in no way speed up the release of the patch. Everyone take a deep breath, do what you would normally do and return to this fantastic game when it's good and fixed. I do not not mean to offend anyone with this, but once you're back in the game it is very likely that you'll forget all about this small delay and possibly even feel rather silly about posting some of the things you did.

Its easy.. this is a AAA game not a early access or Alpha/Beta game! Its a "finished" full price game! Alot of Indi company's fixed faster

As has already been said, the hotfix is a part of the patch, and trying to remove it would cause an even bigger patch delay. And you have to be an entitled crybaby to think that hurling abuse at people is an acceptable way to react to a delay on a patch for a video game. It's a fucking video game, not the cure for cancer. People need to chill the fuck out. Like I said, either wait patiently, or get a refund. Either way, stop throwing tantrums and clogging the forum up with crybaby bullshit that is not gonna make the patch come out any faster.

this this this

great post, red pointed!

I'm glad you have not been effected by these issues but that doesn't diminish how game breaking it is for the rest of the userbase that is being effected
No it doesn't and didn't mean to apply that it did. Just saying that you might be overestimating how many people are effected by it and how easy it is to reproduce/encounter. also handful versus large pool, is relative to total people involved one can have thousands of people having the issue that is still a small pool compare to the millions who bought game. I don't know how many people percentage wise playing the game are having the issue and neither do you so neither of us can say how likely it is for a tester to encounter said bug.

I would be fired from my job immediately if I released a hotfix to our customers with these types of regressions that completely break the product.
Again stating your experience with the game as if it was everyone. I feel sorry for you if you work in a job that'd fire you for 1 person having an issue with a product but most don't. (not saying most don't as it can't be proven by us either way where the majority lies in encountering the game stopping bugs) and most if not all these game stopping bugs were present before the patches... make one mistake that is hard to reproduce and your fired? I'd be looking for a better place to work at myself.

The console gamer says to the pc gamer.

Seriously though, you must not be in Europe, cos we can over here.

EDIT: Also, how the hell are you gonna know if the game works or not if you don't open it? That is just so dumb.

in most stores in the US, you CAN return an opened game, but you can only exchange it for the same title.. you cant get a refund.

as for why you cant get a full refund after you open the game.. its to prevent a form of piracy. stores would have people use the return policy time as a rental period essentially.. they would "buy" the game.. go home and play the game.. beat the game.. then return it to the store for a full refund. its honestly one form of "DRM" i agree with.

Its easy.. this is a AAA game not a early access or Alpha/Beta game! Its a "finished" full price game! Alot of Indi company's fixed faster

You have never made a software product I'm guessing. These random comparisons to just anything that comes to mind are completely pointless. This is a gigantic and complex game, you have to realise that you cannot compare this to a small Indie title. Of course you do.

Seriously, stop, you're just looking like a bunch of entitled crybabies at this point, bleating on about how CDPR has betrayed your trust and so on, it's just embarrassing at this stage.

TW3 is a huge game, that means literally miles and miles of code to sort through in order to find problems and fix them, then make sure those fixes aren't causing other problems. It's not an easy task, if it was then you'd be able to do it yourselves.

The thing is, while I am hyped for the next patch, and am also disappointed at the delay, I am not gonna rage at CDPR for delaying it. You know why? Cos I can just as easily go and do something else. I can decorate, read, tidy, start going to the gym, play other games, and so on and so on. Just do something else. Stop bleating about the delay like it's some grievous insult to your family's honour, and just go and do other things with your time until it is released. It's that easy.

becuase theres game-breaking bugs. That should be enough reason for people to get riled up, not everyone has the same agenda as you TC, some just want to play this game that they bought with their money. Stop sucking ass...

And now that we are asking for an ETA all they give us is "right around the corner" tf is that supposed to mean?

You have never made a software product I'm guessing. These random comparisons to just anything that comes to mind are completely pointless. This is a gigantic and complex game, you have to realise that you cannot compare this to a small Indie title. Of course you do.

And? then dont release a broken game! Dont release to early... 01.07.2015 release a bug free version but CDPR will kidding us, release it -> will money -> then 1-2months patching wow nice idea

Attachments

• shut-up-and-take-my-money-1f46.jpg
    shut-up-and-take-my-money-1f46.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 75
Again stating your experience with the game as if it was everyone. I feel sorry for you if you work in a job that'd fire you for 1 person having an issue with a product but most don't. (not saying most don't as it can't be proven by us either way where the majority lies in encountering the game stopping bugs) and most if not all these game stopping bugs were present before the patches... make one mistake that is hard to reproduce and your fired? I'd be looking for a better place to work at myself.

*Facepalm* do you honestly think only 1 person is having these issues? smh

And I'm not attempting to speak for everyone but the issue I've encountered is not hard to reproduce at all. It's 100% reproducible every time for me. All I have to do is simply play thru the "King's Gambit" quest and I get stuck in an infinite loading screen after knocking the guy off the horse as the game instructs me to do. Again, it's not like I'm executing some exotic sequence of key strokes or input commands to trigger this condition. I'm simply playing thru a major quest and following the in-game instructions. There's an 18 or 19 page thread on the issue in this forum your'e welcome to read up on it. I have no idea what their testing coverage or criteria is when releasing patches but I would hope they at least would be testing all the main quest lines to make sure they still function as expected but maybe that's just me.

As for my job, I don't work in cushy game development where they have the luxury of shipping unfinished software full of bugs to their customers that are apparently fine with being unpaid beta testers. I work with corporate enterprise software that is used by major financial, health, and security entities were people actually expect their software to work and when it's broken they expect a very high level of support and clear and open communication about when they can expect to get their fixes. Telling the CEO of Goldman or Deutsche Bank that his broken product is not a big deal because not many other people are having his issue so just deal with it and go outside and do something else for a few weeks is not going to cut it.

Last edited:
So basically you think this is done deliberately? OK then. I guess I'll go head off to find a section on this forum where people actually deliver constructive criticisms, instead of here in the den of the weak waffle. People. srly.

Last edited:
*Facepalm* do you honestly think only 1 person is having these issues? smh

That isn't what I said read my post again.

---------- Updated at 03:56 PM ----------

I've encountered is not hard to reproduce at all. It's 100% reproducible every time for me
I can't reproduce it once... yet again you are falling to the its happening to me so they must have it happening to them claim.. drop it.

---------- Updated at 04:00 PM ----------

So basically you think this is done deliberately?
Some people have no clue how the programming industry works, they think every issue they encounter can and will be encountered by everyone else... so therefor it is so easy to catch and therefor fix before release.. Some people don't live in the same reality as me...

Top Bottom