Why are the sex cards not returning in The Witcher 2?

+
Why are the sex cards not returning in The Witcher 2?

First off all I'm not some crazy perverted sex addict, I was just wondering. Since I liked the art and I like to collect stuff.I have also tried looking around on the forum ( with the key word "sexcard" and "sex card" but couldn't find a previously made topic about it.Witcher wikia mentioned that it won't be coming back. http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_2:_Assassins_of_KingsOne last question. I really liked the drawings after you finished a major story part. Where Geralt will speak about what has been happening. Will that be coming back?

My guess it was because the sex cards were controversial, meaning that a lot of players thought they were just juvenile, and didn't fit into an otherwise mature game, I was one of these people. To me it screamed Pokemon card collection "Got to catch them all", and just didn't fit into the game at all. The Witcher 1 was an awesome game with 1 major flaw and that was the sex cards. I like what they are doing with the The Witcher 2 better.

ryannberg said:
My guess it was because the sex cards were controversial, meaning that a lot of players thought they were just juvenile, and didn't fit into an otherwise mature game, I was one of these people. To me it screamed Pokemon card collection "Got to catch them all", and just didn't fit into the game at all. The Witcher 1 was an awesome game with 1 major flaw and that was the sex cards. I like what they are doing with the The Witcher 2 better.
Yea maybe you are right, but I personally didn't see it as collecting pokemons card though, and it didn't really change my way of playing the game, whether the cards would be there or not. I just like the art drawings. I hope they will retain the rest of the art drawings though like in those cut-scenes.

For a mature RPG, it makes a lot more sense to have a nice little scene you can remember instead of those throphy cards, that were very objectifying to some. You surely wouldn't like to be a notch in a bedpost either, right? A tastefully done sex scene is a lot more immersive roleplay than a collectible *ahem*. Also, there's lots of stuff to collect... monsterparts, raw materials for awesome armors... You can see the artwork for the cut scenes on the wiki as well.

If you like the art, you should get the Art book for The Witcher 2.You'll get a digital copy of the book if you buy it from GOG.com.If you prefer a physical copy, preorder the collectors edition.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
For a mature RPG, it makes a lot more sense to have a nice little scene you can remember instead of those throphy cards, that were very objectifying to some. You surely wouldn't like to be a notch in a bedpost either, right? A tastefully done sex scene is a lot more immersive roleplay than a collectible *ahem*. Also, there's lots of stuff to collect... monsterparts, raw materials for awesome armors... You can see the artwork for the cut scenes on the wiki as well.
Now that you say it that way I agree. If I were a female I probably wouldn't like my gender to be depicted that way either. I just hoped that you could collect some art as well. I don't care much about the possible sex scenes actually. It won't make me play Geralt like a sex crazed idiot anyway.I just liked the art aside from the negative message it could spread.And about the cut scenes. I wasn't really asking if they were online, but if they are going to implement the same type of cut scenes in TW2, or is it all just cinematic animations?
DelightfulMcCoy said:
If you like the art, you should get the Art book for The Witcher 2.You'll get a digital copy of the book if you buy it from GOG.com.If you prefer a physical copy, preorder the collectors edition.
Yea, I pre-ordered the collectors edition just for that actually. I also tried buying the original Witcher artbook, but couldn't find it anywhere anymore.

Thsccks said:
And about the cut scenes. I wasn't really asking if they were online, but if they are going to implement the same type of cut scenes in TW2, or is it all just cinematic animations?
A lot of cinematic scenes made with the engine. But there will still be the art scenes, far as I know. I suggested you to look at the wiki, because the style changed and not everybody seems to be happy with it. But that's up to personal taste.Oh, and I don't have a problem with a naked chick - but we're all about equality nowadays. :)))

As my companions already told here, I think that sex cards have replaced with more mature animated 3D romance, most likely the one in Dragon Age.About the cutscene, it seems that they're been replaced with similar cutscene, web comic's style. If you scroll this thread (especially in the latest pages) you will find some incredibly beautiful screenshots of what I'm talking about.

secondchildren said:
As my companions already told here, I think that sex cards have replaced with more mature animated 3D romance, most likely the one in Dragon Age.About the cutscene, it seems that they're been replaced with similar cutscene, web comic's style. If you scroll this thread (especially in the latest pages) you will find some incredibly beautiful screenshots of what I'm talking about.
Sorry I was looking for a thread specifically about that and not about all the upcoming features of TW2. Next time I will check that first.Thanks for going through the trouble of even posting some here. I looked into the thread and found this one myself. http://www.zing.cz/screenshoty/102/zaklinac-2/image-37549I wasn't impressed much, but the ones you are showing seem much better. It kind of remind me of Dante's Inferno Animated epic art style. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP_baT8MPdo I'll just have to wait and see them in-game before I'm going to base my opinion about it. I'm sure CD Projekt gave it some good thought.

Cause people are childish and claim it "made them want to collect them all" and when they do they have a bad taste in there mouth, when all they could have done is NOT COLLECT THEM.
secondchildren said:
As my companions already told here, I think that sex cards have replaced with more mature animated 3D romance, most likely the one in Dragon Age.
And about the like DA comment those were badly done cut-scene they themselves have said they want to be on par with the likes of Heavy Rain scene with were nicely done.

SystemShock7 said:
Y'all got to admit, Abigail's card was awesome!
I lol'd at that card, I had no idea Abigail was that.....kinky!(p.s. before that sex scene, you freed children in the cave, but they didn't leave when you talked to Abigail.....awkward to do kinky sex front of those children)

Thsccks said:
Sorry I was looking for a thread specifically about that and not about all the upcoming features of TW2. Next time I will check that first.
Don't be sorry, it's hard to find something in this forum for us too sometimes LOL :D
It kind of remind me of Dante's Inferno Animated epic art style. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP_baT8MPdo I'll just have to wait and see them in-game before I'm going to base my opinion about it.
Yea, me too. Dragon Age 2 also have something similar and GoW3 too. I guess this main trend comes from 300 movies (Frank Miller's graphic novel...outstanding).I can't wait to see those cutscenes myself. I'm sure I won't be deluded ^_^

Oh, I seem to be a
Thsccks said:
crazy perverted sex addict
, because I am really glad to have scenes, where they fit, and no juvenile pinups. I only hope, there will be more than only one scene and some more intimate friends besides Triss, because I cannot imagine a monogamist Geralt :D. The point is, the game gets mature and more like cinema - and that is right for the athmosphere and "reality feeling".

It's funny you said that, because in the books, athough I wouldnt define Geralt as monogamous, I defenitely depict him as faithful.Said that, I'm glad too we get this more cinematic and immersive approach.

I had problems with the cards, not because of the women, more so because I could not imagine a sexual relationship but more just a collectible, and after seeing one of the videos with the writers saying that the scene should not be treated as a mini-game or a tool just for fun, I'm very happy with the change.

BlackVelvet said:
Oh, I seem to be a
BlackVelvet said:
crazy perverted sex addict
, because I am really glad to have scenes, where they fit, and no juvenile pinups. I only hope, there will be more than only one scene and some more intimate friends besides Triss, because I cannot imagine a monogamist Geralt :D. The point is, the game gets mature and more like cinema - and that is right for the athmosphere and "reality feeling".
It wasn't my intention to imply that everyone who really likes it is like that, but more to make sure that people don't get the wrong idea of me.

Personally I prefered the cards, mainly because it's hard to make a tasteful sex scene and I thought it was a particularly elegant way to adress this point. It seems that few people share this opinion..But hey, real scenes are cool too, just blunter

Top Bottom