Why are there already steam keys for 19€??

+
Why are there already steam keys for 19€??

Shops like this here: Link removed
Selling the game for 19€? Why is Steam allowing this? CD Project is fine with that? Other people preordered for 49€ from GOG, that is really no fair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the unscrupulous arseholes at work Marcin warned us about a while back? Something about reselling keys from different regions to profit from the various exchange rates... ?

Based on a thread I read over at Larian just now, the site concerned appears to be a straightforward scam, they were being described as apparently selling multiple copies of the same licence, i.e. piracy.

So don't assume that Steam, or Gog, or anyone else is "allowing this". Or that you'll get what you've handed over money for.

Last edited:
Is this the unscrupulous arseholes at work Marcin warned us about a while back? Something about reselling keys from different regions to profit from the various exchange rates... ?

Well to be honest, there is nothing wrong in buying/selling from other regions, I'm doing that myself.
Not SELLING mind you, I am often buying from the UK to get my games cheaper. Nothing illegal about that.

But like @Dragonbird said, they probably sell multiple copies of the same license, which makes the whole thing illegal and right-out piracy, which is a very disgusting business practice.
So I would not consider any of this "legal". There is no way that they can make profit with a price of 19 bucks, even if they bought the licenses from other regions. This is most probably something extremely foul.

Last edited:
Nope, nothing illegal about what you do, nothing remotely "wrong" either. Nothing illegal about reselling over borders in bulk either afaik, and I can't recall exactly how Marcin put it, but lame sums it up ;)

Right enough this present case the price is way too low for that anyway.

Even if they had been valid keys distributed through a grey market, it would be within CDPR's discretion to revoke the keys and sanction any authorized partner that allowed the keys to escape. Whether it is legal or not doesn't, ultimately, have anything to do with it. It's your right and duty as a manufacturer to police the distribution of your product, and nothing compels you to continue dealings with a partner who allows unauthorized distribution, or to honor sales made in a grey market.

Last edited:
Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame! Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame !!!!1!!!!11!!!!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!1!!1!!!!!!!!11!!1!!!!!!!

Top Bottom