Why are weapon specs so expensive?

+
I fail to see a good reason why a Common Knife Spec costs 5500 (but I can buy a legendary handgun for cheaper.) $550 would make more sense, imo.

Meanwhile, a Rare grenade spec costs under $300 and an Epic medicine spec only costs around $50, I think.

Someone please explain to me why weapon specs are so expensive.

Why ?
Because with a crafting spec, you are able to craft a new item regularely (weapon/clothe), which is set to your current level. By doing that, you avoid to upgrade this, and so avoid spend a lot of composants (and money if you buy them).

Each upgrade cost more than the previous one, so after few upgrades, the component cost become exponentially expensive.

Ok, fair point, that makes some sense…

However, players already start off with 7 Common ranged weapon specs that they can use, like you said, to simply craft weapons around their current level.

And just 1 level into crafting unlocks one Uncommon blade and one Uncommon blunt weapon specs, that players, again, can simply use to craft weapons of their current level.

So, considering the above it still seems to be a case of exorbitant pricing just to have some Common melee specs.

Why would any player ever want to spend their life savings to craft a Common knife when the nearest melee enemy will drop something better or when the crafting system will give them a better blueprint for free? Still seems a tad ridiculous, imo.

Honestly, crafting to me feels useless. Besides I guess upgrading iconics if I'm arsed to, there's always another enemy with another gun I can use instead. There just isn't really much reward in crafting or upgrading a gun as there isn't much real need to be attached to them.

Why would any player ever want to spend their life savings to craft a Common knife when the nearest melee enemy will drop something better or when the crafting system will give them a better blueprint for free? Still seems a tad ridiculous, imo.
If when you play you feel that you don't need something, don't buy it :)

Just an example for me. I often buy the crafting spec for uncommon Overture quite early game (which is the best silenced weapon), because :
- Enemies in Waston (Tygers/Maelstromer) never drop an overture.
- Even if there is one that you can loot (dead cop which also have the legendary pants), after upgrading it few times (5-6 times), it will cost a large amount of components (quickly more than an hundred common ones).
So invest few K eddies in a crafting spec is definitely worth it.

There just isn't really much reward in crafting or upgrading a gun as there isn't much real need to be attached to them
If you always use some random weapons, I guess yes :)
But I don't and crafting is always useful.
Like if you manage to find this kind of weapon, you don't want to exchange it with a random one dropped by an enemy^^

Last edited:
Lol, stop making good points. You’re ruining my frustrations. 😝
In fact, it's like many thing in the game, it's not mandatory, you can complete the whole game without.
So in my case, there are only few crafting specs that I buy, because I need them. And I always level up my tech skill to 18, mainly for crafting (not only for legendary, but to manage to always upgrade my favorite weapons, which are better than all the loot^^). But there are other players who don't invest in Tech and never craft a single item.

So in fact, the only reason why crafting specs are quite expensive, is only to compensate the fact that you avoid the upgrading cost by crafting a new one regularely (and also don't need to count on random loot).

Well if you spec heavily into crafting money shouldn't be an issue anyway; I've sold enough Iconics that they pretty much should be called generics at this point:cool:. And with all that excess cash, you got to find ways to spend it some how.

Top Bottom