why are wild hunt soldiers so big?

+
why are wild hunt soldiers so big?

HI
(1st, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this)
I've been wondering why the red riders are that big?
I mean, it can't be the general height of the aen elle, as we got to know a certain elf, whose not that big. Or can it?

ps. I didn' read the books (yet) so dunno, if there is an explanation there.

It's simply the height of Aen Elle.

Avallach was just some design choice to make him not that tall, he's supposed to be, I think it's mentioned in the books, he's not any sort of exception. Eredin and Ge'els both are as tall after all.

Last edited:
Avallach was just some design choice to make him not that tall, he's supposed to be, I think it's mentioned in the books, he's not any sort of exception. Eredin and Ge'els both are as tall after all.

When Yennefer was lifting Uma/Avallac'h's curse she said to have guessed his real body's proportions. And did poorly, apparently. So that may be the reason why he's notably shorter than other Aen Elle.

Last edited:
The sole reason why Avallac'h is shorter than the rest of the Aen Elle is that we see him regulary in cutscenes with Ciri and Geralt (and other humans).
There is mod on nexus, which gives him his lore height and you can see that the cutscenes just don't work. Instead of seeing his face, we can only see his neck/torso most of the time. The cutscene angle would have to be completely different and it was probably too much work for one character. Not to mention, it could look weird if one character is much taller than everybody else.
He is supposed to be as tall as the other Aen Elle elves (who are taller than Aen Seidhe elves and humans) according to the books.

It could be a side effect of the Uma curse, when it was lifted, Avallac'h was not restored to his original height. :)

It could be a side effect of the Uma curse, when it was lifted, Avallac'h was not restored to his original height. :)

We can see "shades" of Avallac'h and some Wild Hunt soldiers during the quest "Echoes of the Past".
He has about Ciri's height and is shorther than the other Aen Elle elves and that flashback takes place before Eredin cursed him.
Furthermore Geralt met Avallac'h before, when he was taller. He would be surprised and would have asked about his appearance change if it was a consequence of the curse and not the new game lore.

You question has already been answered, it is simply the height of the Aen Elle. Basically what @Scryar said - because of the cutscenes.

It could be a side effect of the Uma curse, when it was lifted, Avallac'h was not restored to his original height.

This is probably not the case because we can see that Avallac'h is not much taller than Ciri during the Nameless quest when he put her in a boat.

Top Bottom