Why can immune units be destroyed?

+
Because there always needs to be a counter. Otherwise Eredin can just put down Ciri (Dash) for a free card advantage and whatnot. Immune is already strong enough.

Because Scorch is passive... you dont target the immune card directly.

(much better expl.)

Not better, different. You explain the engine behind the Effect, armed statet the reason. Combine both and there is the complete answer..

Immune units can't be targeted by either a negative effect such as damage or a beneficial effect such as boosting.
They are vulnerable to area of effect cards such as scorch and weather. They can also be destroyed by random target cards such as Waylay.

Immune units can't be targeted by either a negative effect such as damage or a beneficial effect such as boosting.
They are vulnerable to area of effect cards such as scorch and weather. They can also be destroyed by random target cards such as Waylay.

The provision system should be more detailed - something like Waylay should NEVER be allowed to destroy an immune, it's a "surprise attack/assassination", not a spell. Predatory dive the same.

Weather, sure, but I think an immune shouldn't be "killed", the immune could either work like an armor (2 rounds to break?) or value only reduced to 1. Immune needs to mean something - there are few more frustrating things than playing the card your deck is built to support only to have it insta-wiped out by some crap bronze card.

In fact, the whole destruction fundamental needs to be completely reworked - if you don't get cards or a supporting deal that wipes out the oppo somehow, you're going to lose.

-Tao-

Forum regular
I play scortch every deck because Eredin, you need to have at least one counter to inmune units. Instead of asking that inmune shouldn't be killed, you should try to avoid your inmune unit from scortch, this means you don't put inmune on your stronger unit. You need to play smart rather than asking nerf for over powering stuff.... you need to have answers to every card your opponent play.

If you couldn't do anything to Promote 2.0 units it would just be Promote 1.0 with a different name, and available to everyone. Not sure what else to say on the topic.

Wait, as an edit there is one more thing. It's to make "damage random unit" units a little bit more valuable, most likely.

I play scortch every deck because Eredin, you need to have at least one counter to inmune units. Instead of asking that inmune shouldn't be killed, you should try to avoid your inmune unit from scortch, this means you don't put inmune on your stronger unit. You need to play smart rather than asking nerf for over powering stuff.... you need to have answers to every card your opponent play.

Understand the point you're making, but it's still nonsense. Say you have Eredin and - as you say - boost/immune the Vran Warrior instead. Scorch it. Then you play Imlerith or Ge'els, for example. With a wide array of crap, low provision cards such as Vrihedd, Alba, etc., you can lock or move them. The point and problem is that it is woefully easy to kill the abilities of bloody expensive cards. You can then easily find space for Geralt or Igni in case a big unit turns up - then hey presto, there's no point in MO deck at all.

Understand the point you're making, but it's still nonsense. Say you have Eredin and - as you say - boost/immune the Vran Warrior instead. Scorch it. Then you play Imlerith or Ge'els, for example. With a wide array of crap, low provision cards such as Vrihedd, Alba, etc., you can lock or move them. The point and problem is that it is woefully easy to kill the abilities of bloody expensive cards. You can then easily find space for Geralt or Igni in case a big unit turns up - then hey presto, there's no point in MO deck at all.

Eredin shouldn't have Immune+4 as an ability to begin with. Once upon a time we had a thing called Promote. It lead to all sorts of problems. I'll be incredibly surprised if Immune doesn't do the same. There are already quite a number of ways to exploit it to make winning a round damn near guaranteed if it is not countered. Eredin is one of them, although you can actually overpower Ge'els if he's immuned. It's just really hard :).

Bear in mind, Gigni and Scorch cost more compared to Ge'els. They're 12 and 11 provisions, respectively. Ge'els is 10 provisions. Geralt is also 10.

On a completely unrelated note, if you want to have some fun Immune a Vran and play a ton of 1 power swarm units and Forktails :).

Eredin shouldn't have Immune+4 as an ability to begin with. Once upon a time we had a thing called Promote. It lead to all sorts of problems.

Funnily enough Immune is stronger than old Promote. A golden immune unit in Closed Beta could be locked and demoted. Here you cannot even target it with Dimeritium Shakles or any other locking card.

Why can immune units be destroyed by Grealt Igni or scorch ?
Because "Immune" makes the unit immune against being targeted.
Cards that don't target specific units but rather random units, rows(GIgni,RaghNarRoog) or the board(Scorch, Epidemic) still work as normal.

you need to have answers to every card your opponent play.
No, that is both impossible and also unwise to attempt. Deck like that would have been purely reactive without own plan of how to achieve victory.

Much better approach is to have deck with own plan and then having answers to the most common tactics, which you face at your rank. At pro ranks, that is represented by adaptation of decks to meta. At weaker ranks, it is represented by adaptation to most common deck builds around that level. At example, somewhere around rank 22 (this is my first season in Gwent, currently I am at rank 19), I met many decks playing Skellige with Beast boost depending on number of Beasts in graveyard. So I replaced Dimeritium Shackles with Spores (works against consume of Monsters or as an equivalent of Slave Infantry as well) and I went above that rank.

All in all, I believe, that even pro rank players do not have answers to every card, which opponent could theoretically play, they are just adapted to meta.

Eredin shouldn't have Immune+4 as an ability to begin with. Once upon a time we had a thing called Promote. It lead to all sorts of problems. I'll be incredibly surprised if Immune doesn't do the same. There are already quite a number of ways to exploit it to make winning a round damn near guaranteed if it is not countered. Eredin is one of them, although you can actually overpower Ge'els if he's immuned. It's just really hard :).

Bear in mind, Gigni and Scorch cost more compared to Ge'els. They're 12 and 11 provisions, respectively. Ge'els is 10 provisions. Geralt is also 10.

On a completely unrelated note, if you want to have some fun Immune a Vran and play a ton of 1 power swarm units and Forktails :).

Best (only!) fun I had in HC was a solitary game with TWO Vran's, arachas drones + queen, epidemic and glustyworp. Was hilarious just watching the destruction. Smile was quickly wiped when the glusty was Geralt'd!

DRK3

Forum veteran

You can definitely overpower a Ge'els, exactly with the strategy you recommended for fun:

Before
Before (3).jpg

After
After (3).jpg

Ge'els is usually very powerful and dangerous to play against with control, but since it doesnt have a good way to control specific targets of the opponent, this happens bs the might of the Arachas.

(And Immune is one of the few mechanics that its actually balanced in HC... maybe not Eredin, but Immune in general)

DRK3

Forum veteran
Not sure, but i've had instances where it took over 30 seconds, specially when the opponent is deathwish and the killed enemy triggers more enemies.

And i never even have been able to do this with 2 vrans on the board, otherwise it would probably clean the entire enemy side clean.

So just rage quit (again), as a Drummond Warmonger can actually destroy your card advantage. I mean, I know this game is broke as shit-peddlars, but how the hell did that get through the net?

Do CDPR even HAVE quality control??
Post automatically merged:

You can definitely overpower a Ge'els, exactly with the strategy you recommended for fun:

Before
View attachment 10983682

After
View attachment 10983685

Ge'els is usually very powerful and dangerous to play against with control, but since it doesnt have a good way to control specific targets of the opponent, this happens bs the might of the Arachas.

(And Immune is one of the few mechanics that its actually balanced in HC... maybe not Eredin, but Immune in general)

See that board you have? I've had similar FIVE times, but every time - and I'm not making this up - the "opponent" (sic. bot) would HAPPEN to have:

1) A forktail
2) Epidemic
3) Geralt Igni
4) Geralt
5) Foltests pride

This is the thing with the game - there's SO MANY COUNTERS, yet it's so difficult to lead. You just spew points R1 to ensure victory, quick dry pass, then keep some ridiculous point spew final card so that there's nothing you can do. And I don't know why, but it just seems fixed against me - play deck a, get the counter deck(s). Switch decks, get the appropriate counters.

It's effing INFURIATING.

Top Bottom