Why can Overwatch not penetrate walls, but Techtronika SPT32 Grad (and O'Five), which Overwatch is based on still can?

+
I gave up on both the Overwatch and the O'Five, neither would penetrate walls, or even a car for that matter. I ended up finding a 'Legendary SPT 32 Grad' at a weapons shop located in the Santo Domingo / Arroyo district ($133,000) and it worked. The slogan used is , 'From this weapon, there is no cover.'...really?

Here are my stats for these weapons, in my game, yours may be different.

OverWatch:

517 DPS / 1743-2131 damage
1083-1324 Physical Damage
4.20 crit Chance
25.20 crit damage

O'Five:

742.5 DPS
2583-3158 Damage
1793-2191 Thermal Damage
4.20 crit chance
25.20 crit damage

Legendary SPT 32 Grad (purchased $133,000)

556 DPS / 1743-2131 damage
1221-1492 Chemical Damage
6.0 crit chance
23.0 crit damage

Now looking at this, the O'five should stop a tank ( and it used to.). Yet, both the OverWatch and the O'five won't even shoot through a car, at least in my game. The Legendary that I purchased, will shoot through anything.

'OUCH'

The OverWatch and O'Five have been retired and are now in my resting quietly in my stash.

I suppose it's that :)

And honestly, with 1460-1765 base damage + 1023-1250 additional physical damage, it still very powerful (low DPS come from low firerate and low reload time).
It's a whopping difference, silencer or not. The damage itself is 40% less from where it was. Hard fo me to buy the balance thing because any other gun of the same class remained the same as before. If we are going to blame the silencer then why isn't it 15% like any other rare silencer. Error maybe? Someone got bored? Ugh.

It's a whopping difference, silencer or not. The damage itself is 40% less from where it was. Hard fo me to buy the balance thing because any other gun of the same class remained the same as before. If we are going to blame the silencer then why isn't it 15% like any other rare silencer. Error maybe? Someone got bored? Ugh.
In any case, it could be a bug (I don't know), so you can report it to the support. If it's really a bug and that no one report it, it will unlikely be fixed in the next patch ;)
(don't really which category, but this one seem "close" enough).

I kinda get why they wanna rebalance the game, but like... its a single player game (so far) so i kinda wanna have some fun too :D Im enjoying my latest playtrough with a more terminator type V going in gunz blazing in most situations (even recked the heist) on very hard but you kinda get 1 shoted often and some enemys are just a pain in the ass ^^ sometimes it feels good beeing op too. Hope they dont remove too much fun for the sake of balance...
"Listen to me very carefully, okay? You're not a Terminator anymore, alright? You got that? You just can't go around killing people!" "Why?" "... ...What do you mean, "Why"? 'Cause you can't!" "Why?" "Because you just can't, okay? Trust me on this."

Ignore the kid. Here, help yourself out.

"Listen to me very carefully, okay? You're not a Terminator anymore, alright? You got that? You just can't go around killing people!" "Why?" "... ...What do you mean, "Why"? 'Cause you can't!" "Why?" "Because you just can't, okay? Trust me on this."

Ignore the kid. Here, help yourself out.
Hehe ment more max out str/reflex and use "close" combat rifles/revolvers/shotguns demolishing everything. Kinda die very easily nowdays tho so we shall se how it goes...

I think wall punch nerf heavily limits where I can use Overwatch as I also can't silently take out mutliple enemies in one shot so it raises the alarm anways. I would rather they reduce the Damage by 10-15% instead similar to rare silenced muzzles. I pretty much switched to Silenced Overture as Overwatch is basically useless in most of the same scenarios now for the faster fire rate and fairly similar damage. It pretty much went from being OP to being useless to me.

It was one of the fun weapon I liked using other than Overture. The only other one was the Shingen (I never really used that in combat and more for blowing up cars) and that doesn't really do it anymore either.
That is exactly what I have been doing and for the same reason - Overture with a good scope and a silencer. On the plus side, the Overture has a much quicker firing rate and reloads much quicker than any sniper rifle I have found so you can take out more enemies in less time. On the plus PLUS side, if you're using pistols as your main weapon, you already have the skills for sniping with an Overture.

Last edited:
I think wall punch nerf heavily limits where I can use Overwatch as I also can't silently take out mutliple enemies in one shot so it raises the alarm anways. I would rather they reduce the Damage by 10-15% instead similar to rare silenced muzzles. I pretty much switched to Silenced Overture as Overwatch is basically useless in most of the same scenarios now for the faster fire rate and fairly similar damage. It pretty much went from being OP to being useless to me.

It was one of the fun weapon I liked using other than Overture. The only other one was the Shingen (I never really used that in combat and more for blowing up cars) and that doesn't really do it anymore either.
Soo after reading this I thought let me try it....love it lol. I use a max upgraded legendary silenced overture, a bunch of legendary mods and retired the OW. Best thing ever.

Top Bottom