Why cant we kill who we want?

+
I have read bits and pieces about the books but could someone explain the butcher of blavakin for me? I can't see him as a mass murderer.

I have read bits and pieces about the books but could someone explain the butcher of blavakin for me? I can't see him as a mass murderer.

It's from the books:
Geralt attacked a group of bandits who were hiding out in a village, without warning, in order to protect innocent villagers. The villagers didn't know about the bandits, thought that he was attacking innocents, so he got the nickname.

Ninja'd

It seems that a lot of people take role playing as: "I play as I want to", while I see it more as taking a role of someone else and playing THAT character. In witcher, the character is pre-defined. Although in the first game you could learn something about Geralt without reading the books and even define him as a character somewhat, it seems that lots of new players never played previous witcher games nor read any books, which could be the source of some confusion...

why you ask?

1. it isnt a sandbox game
2.You play as geralt of rivia , the witcher. Not some mister Fluffy bunny pants the dragon born
3.Geralt is a good guy for lebiodas sake! If i remember
he was killed by a guy whom he spared out of pity

You can't kill whoever you please for the same reason you can't customize the main character aside from playing around with his hair.

Not are mass murder?

---------- Updated at 03:08 PM ----------

Im the butcher of blaviken bich ill kill who i please

---------- Updated at 03:09 PM ----------

If i could I'd have used igni on that little turd and watched him turn into a pile of ashes

This indeed isn't a sandbox murder simulator where you can play who you want and kill who you want. Also; Geralt never said that nor would he ever say that.

You can attack "bandits" who did absolutely nothing to you just because they are called bandits. Aren`t you satisfied?

I was doing this side quest for someone and after I finish he give me part of the reward and he ran off. Nobody else was around why can't I kill the bastard and steal his money?

This isn't GTA, kid. Geralt is still Geralt with honor and principles, not a snot nosed teenager with an xbox controller.

Last edited:
ay bruh thems is fightin words u tryna catch this fade?

---------- Updated at 01:50 AM ----------

Why are we allowed to kill wolves(not cause lore)? They are real world animals. Thats animal cruelty. Geralt isnt an animal abuser, remove wolves and non killable humans from game or I call PETA

---------- Updated at 01:55 AM ----------

You want to kill everyone in the game?

Just play Gothic or Risen then.

too outdated wont be violent enough

---------- Updated at 01:57 AM ----------

You can attack "bandits" who did absolutely nothing to you just because they are called bandits. Aren`t you satisfied?

only if one was a kid

As others have stated, it wouldn't fit Geralt at all to be able to go on a murder spree on a whim. Geralt only kills humans in self defense or if they REALLY have it coming (like those Nilfgaardian soldiers about to lynch the innocent woman in the Killing Monsters trailer).

To be honest, I just wish we could get into fist fights with certain civilians if we wanted to. Like, if you, without a weapon drawn, threaten a burly looking dockhand in Novigrad, you might get in a fight.

That, or I wish we can just attack guards suddenly instead of having to "provoke" them first.

Hell, I would love a crap ton more RDR style dynamic encounters involving bandits and raids to get more human on human fights. God knows there are enough wolves and drowners to fight..

There are certain things that should remain lore based, like Geralts sexuality or hair color for instance. But some things can be changed of the sake of gameplay.

It would suck if you couldn't get into fights with guards. Even though the actual Geralt wouldn't go around picking fights with guards like that. It is there for the sake of gameplay.

Civillians is a different story. With armed guards you have more wiggle room..but for civilians..I think they made the right decision keeping us from harming them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom