Why cant we kill who we want?

+
Whos gonna execute geralt some ragtag bunch of bandits?

His already been killed by a lucky peasant because he get too much involve w/ politics in game lore. Also in game lore if you progress in the story quest people in the game are started hunting mages and any magical creatures.

Like skyrim you can kill anyone besides kids. In this game you can only kill monsters and specific humans. I was doing this side quest for someone and after I finish he give me part of the reward and he ran off. Nobody else was around why can't I kill the bastard and steal his money? You'd think in this day and age you'd be able to do anything you want. Like take out that snot nosed little kid who won't stop singing.

Because you'd have no one left to hire you and would be unemployed and sorceress don't want some unemployed bum to sex on the unicorn with.

Because you play the role of Geralt. No matter how pissed off Geralt is not the type to mindlessly kill innocents. This is NOT Skyrim you aren't your own character, you are Geralt and when you are Geralt you do things that Geralt would do and don't do things he wouldn't do. Think of it like this, every single decision and choice in the game is a spectrum of things the real Geralt of Rivia MIGHT do. You then choose from the things he MIGHT do the things he ACTUALLY does, in this way you have some control and you still end up doing things Geralt's way.

You can't be anyone you want to be and do anything you want to do. Since when has the notion that doing anything you like in games makes the games better been valid? RPGs are all about playing the role of someone, you play the role of Geralt and as such you can only do things he might do, otherwise you're not playing his role anymore, you're just playing a wannabe Geralt who has no idea what the actual Geralt might do.

Sorry, rant over :)

Lock this thread please, useless troll thread. Go back to Skyrim or CoD, this game isn't for you if you want to kill everyone you want.

Last edited:
I definitely wished I could slaughter some of the witch hunters. Oh burning mages at the pyre let me just...oh pretend to punch you.

Burning books in the streets, I call BS let me just...do nothing. Ok.

I get it. Geralt isn't going to cut you in half for calling him a freak/mutant, and he doesn't want to get too involved because past/Witcher code...but damn would I have loved to slice and dice those Witch Hunter SOBs a bit more often.

Just got to Skellige, hoping I get my wish at some point.

Last edited:
Someone needs to think happy thoughts for a while.

---------- Post merged on 14-06-2015 at 12:00 AM ----------

To take roleplaying further they should just make a witcher online game where you can customize your witcher and create your own witcher in an open world online game. You can choose to be good or bad. Having a import your own face feature would take customization even further. You guys feel free to take this Witcher Online Idea and make a thread out of it. Just shout out ya boy Tyrone for the idea.

---------- Updated at 12:03 AM ----------

Here's where the logic stops. You say he only kills certain people. Murderer's having a moral code? That's pretty humorous, don't you think? Geralt cuts down stray dogs and nobody says anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they could develop a game that combined the free form character creation you are looking for, with the involved story lines and excellent writing and developed supporting characters...that would be something.

As much script writing as this game had though, and the number of considerations you'd have to take to have any semblance of choice mattering...

It'd be a monumentous, collosal, gargantuan proposal.

If they could develop a game that combined the free form character creation you are looking for, with the involved story lines and excellent writing and developed supporting characters...that would be something.

As much script writing as this game had though, and the number of considerations you'd have to take to have any semblance of choice mattering...

It'd be a monumentous, collosal, gargantuan proposal.

I dont think thats much to ask especially halfway through goddamn 2015. maybe 10 years ago. maybe even 5. But its 2015 man. There is no excuse these days

Top Bottom