Why can’t we use Takedowns on non-enemy NPCs?

+
Got a cop that keeps yelling from behind cover and flashing as alerted on the minimap after I assisted with taking out some Tiger Claws.

Tried to subdue her but Takedown isn’t an option…

I fail to see a good reason to limit players from doing this to cops and civilians alike.

We may use weapons on them, but not our sweet ninja skills?

Got a cop that keeps yelling from behind cover and flashing as alerted on the minimap after I assisted with taking out some Tiger Claws.

I fail to see a good reason to limit players from doing this to cops and civilians alike.

really weird you can basically go on a mass shooting spree yet takedowns aren't allowed
It would even make more sense to be able to knock them senseless rather than killing them. Would be cool to be able to play a lawless character that didn't kill needlessly

Not a "sandboxy" game, V was not written to be (psychotic) mass murderers, nor a cop murderers. Like in TW3, in which Geralt was not even able to hit civilians with sword/sign/grenade/crossbow and guards were always over-leveled than you, so they kicked Geralt's ass pretty fast.

Not a "sandboxy" game, V was not written to be (psychotic) mass murderers, nor a cop murderers. Like in TW3, in which Geralt was not even able to hit civilians with sword/sign/grenade/crossbow and guards were always over-leveled than you, so they kicked Geralt's ass pretty fast.
don't forget Geralt's is a gentlman xD even with his big sword
but indeed sometimes we forget cyberpunk not a sandbox but a story driven game .
even some fixer remind you when we'v got a bit too brutal on a contract ^^

It would even make more sense to be able to knock them senseless rather than killing them. Would be cool to be able to play a lawless character that didn't kill needlessly
takedown offer both option , stunt or kill , it may be more accurate to use this on cops but player can use perks/addons on weapon or cyberware /hack for non nethal purpose . i use them often on gang for rewards or for some specific event/contact .

Meanwhile I, the lvl.20 player, can optical camo double-jump aerial takedown a trio of lvl.50 Trauma Team agents while they assist a civilian because I feel like it.

But V can’t bring himself to allow me to pacify the cops summoned by my aforementioned crime because he has his reasons. Lol.

With a strong enough Geralt, you can kill guards, but there is little point in doing so unless they catch you stealing. While aiming at enemies it is possible to accidentally shoot down civilians with the crossbow too. Not much point in being a mass murderer in any game anyway.

Meanwhile I, the lvl.20 player, can optical camo double-jump aerial takedown a trio of lvl.50 Trauma Team agents while they assist a civilian because I feel like it.
I would say it's an unintended feature rather than something Devs especially add for a reason ;)
With a strong enough Geralt, you can kill guards, but there is little point in doing so unless they catch you stealing. While aiming at enemies it is possible to accidentally shoot down civilians with the crossbow too. Not much point in being a mass murderer in any game anyway.
In "Blood and borken bones" or "Death march" difficulties, I never tried to fight guards, knowing they generally have a skull above their head, so running away seem to me to be the way to go.
But there are games which are more "sandbox", in which you're allowed to be whatever you want. Like Kingdom Come... You play as Henry, but if you want to be an "Evil Henry", you can. So except few "important" NPCs related to main quests, almost every NPC can be killed no matter if they are related to quests, merchants, richs, poors, peasants, guards, nobles... It's up to you :)

But there are games which are more "sandbox", in which you're allowed to be whatever you want. Like Kingdom Come... You play as Henry, but if you want to be an "Evil Henry", you can. So except few "important" NPCs related to main quests, almost every NPC can be killed no matter if they are related to quests, merchants, richs, poors, peasants, guards, nobles... It's up to you :)
So that's a game that even with a default character, it allows to choose your morality. That concept is interesting... but for some reason I don't like the idea of playing a default male character... unless it's Geralt. It's okay that The Witcher doesn't let me be a psycho, it makes me take the game more seriously.

A cyberpunk game that comes to mind that allows you to not kill anyone except bosses is Deus Ex, if only this game was more like that one in that regard.

Last edited:

Because the game wasn't finished.

Top Bottom