Why cant you keep your girlfriend and stay in the city?

+
I know it was a design/story choice but why is it you cant keep your girlfriend and stay in Night City? I kinda makes sense for Panam but Judy seemd to have something to stay for

I would have hoped that choices made during your relationship would lead to your significant other staying or going whatever ending you picked. Or at the very least having a chance to convince them to stay (or go if you romanced the guys)

I suppose its just another choice taken away from us in the RPG. Dont get me wrong I still love the game but after 300 hours I am really startign to see the shortcomings

I understand why they want to leave i don't understand why they leave when they do.

I understand V withdraws into themselves, which is understandable considering all they know, wee know, is they have a few month to live.

If i have a relationship with someone and at the very least care for them, which i should if im in a relationship with them, and they tell me they have 6 month to live with no known cure, i dont fucking leave no matter how withdrawn they get, i dont say "i know you'll be dead soon but i cant be arsed hanging about waiting for it to happen anymore, i need to sort all my life, which you've not got, out, so bye"

It really is a weird yin to me that whole epilogue

Pufty

Forum regular
But Judy kept saying how she wants to leave and always hinting towards leaving anyway, but you kinda stopped her in her tracks, so if you stay, she leaves, if you leave, she leaves with you.

Please play Kerry's romance ;)
I've wondered about the outcome of Kerry's romance, if it can be affected by what Johnny says to Kerry the last time they speak - "leave the band it's not your scene" or "don't be a pussy".
I saw the last Kerry romance scene on youtube, where
Kerry admits he's scared so he's ducking out
and immediately thought of those two options.
There is an outside chance that the options we choose when playing Johnny's memories are some of the most important choices in the game.

But Judy kept saying how she wants to leave and always hinting towards leaving anyway, but you kinda stopped her in her tracks, so if you stay, she leaves, if you leave, she leaves with you.

I get her desire to eventually leave Night City. However to me if you find out your significant other has plot cancer and you still run out on them immediately it suggests you never gave a damn about that individual.

I get her desire to eventually leave Night City. However to me if you find out your significant other has plot cancer and you still run out on them immediately it suggests you never gave a damn about that individual.
Not necessarily. That'd be an internal pressure to stay with that person out of that exact reason as well, which would also put pressure on the relationship, since then you could spin it on being a relationship out of pity. Which is why I wanna say that you can have whatever kind of spin on it, because lot of it depends on humans maintaining relationships and we're pretty damn shit at that :D

Because both female Characters hate being in Night City and lorewise the Romances we form are pretty new relationships being days, maybe weeks old at most. People do not make such major decisions based on a fresh relationship.

Judy hates it and compares it to quicksand and leaves it if she can. She is not orginally from NC and has no real attachments to it. She has no one their. At best their is V and that is a fresh Romance and had no real time to form a commitment.

Panam is a Nomad. She and her story shows it that she does not fit in and misses her Family. If you do not do her Quests she asks you for help paying the rent at the end. If she reunites with the Nomads she gets out of Dodge with or without V.

Now take the Male Romances. They spent most of their if not all of their Lives in NC. One even has a Family. They really got no desire to leave it and they certainly wont for a new relationship.

Because both female Characters hate being in Night City and lorewise the Romances we form are pretty new relationships being days, maybe weeks old at most. People do not make such major decisions based on a fresh relationship.

Judy hates it and compares it to quicksand and leaves it if she can. She is not orginally from NC and has no real attachments to it. She has no one their. At best their is V and that is a fresh Romance and had no real time to form a commitment.

Panam is a Nomad. She and her story shows it that she does not fit in and misses her Family. If you do not do her Quests she asks you for help paying the rent at the end. If she reunites with the Nomads she gets out of Dodge with or without V.

Now take the Male Romances. They spent most of their if not all of their Lives in NC. One even has a Family. They really got no desire to leave it and they certainly wont for a new relationship.
If someone came into my life and we became, at minimum, close friends plus they helped solve some deep personal shit of mine of there own back then i find out they did all that ontop of trying to find a "cure" to something thats killing them an they have mere months to find it you sure as hell bet your arse im sticking around until there either cured or the inevitable happens ontop of being there at every step helping, finding peace would mean nothing if i bail on the one person who helped me the most when they need me most

I know it was a design/story choice but why is it you cant keep your girlfriend and stay in Night City? I kinda makes sense for Panam but Judy seemd to have something to stay for

I would have hoped that choices made during your relationship would lead to your significant other staying or going whatever ending you picked. Or at the very least having a chance to convince them to stay (or go if you romanced the guys)

I suppose its just another choice taken away from us in the RPG. Dont get me wrong I still love the game but after 300 hours I am really startign to see the shortcomings

Honestly, I think "Judy wants to leave NC" was added just so that female V has a LI if she goes with Aldecaldos. Cause for a male V, whose LI is Panam, the whole Aldecaldos ending makes more sense :shrug: Panam also becomes your LI mid questline, not at the very end of the questline, like Judy and River do. That sucks, cause there's literally nothing to do with them afterwards.

But yeah, I was very surprised when Judy left in the Sun ending, leaving V to die alone, basically.

River stays in NC, but I can't see why. He's not living with his sis (that's why she says "if you came here, it means you have news about Randy"), he lost his job, but...whatever. He's used to living in a trailer, could do the same with Aldecaldos.

My question is, if Judy wants to leave the city in the Sun, why can't I join her after the space heist?

My question is, if Judy wants to leave the city in the Sun, why can't I join her after the space heist?
it doesn't matter, li shows that v will die
v can only choose how
like rogue on her terms
panam clearly asks: alone in space or together with her

Both of Panam and Judy are not belong to the NC.
Panam has strong reason, so as Judy, just not such obvious
Judy is not fit NC, she is too kind and idealism, but not powerful enough to change the world.
She told you she is not fit to lead others, so she have the good will but can't make it truth.
That's why she lose everything at NC.
She want to help Evelyn, failed.
She want to rebel at Cloud, failed.
She lost lover, friends, family, everything at NC
Even V
She knows V is going to die, right?
So if she stay at NC, what does she suppose to do?
Lay at baseroom of Mox to make the DB all day all night?
Is that the life she want?
No
So, the only way left to her is run
Run out of the NC.

Honestly, I think "Judy wants to leave NC" was added just so that female V has a LI if she goes with Aldecaldos. Cause for a male V, whose LI is Panam, the whole Aldecaldos ending makes more sense :shrug: Panam also becomes your LI mid questline, not at the very end of the questline, like Judy and River do. That sucks, cause there's literally nothing to do with them afterwards.

But yeah, I was very surprised when Judy left in the Sun ending, leaving V to die alone, basically.
Judy going with V and the Aldecaldos doesn't seem forced. When you romance Judy and she asks you what last night meant, she literally says "ruined my plans, you know. Wanted to leave NC, even started packing."
The sun ending is also literally the same with either Panam or Judy, they both leave you.
River stays in NC, but I can't see why. He's not living with his sis (that's why she says "if you came here, it means you have news about Randy"), he lost his job, but...whatever. He's used to living in a trailer, could do the same with Aldecaldos.
River stays because he feels responsible for his sister and her kids, as pointed out during his questline.
Multiple times, that is.
Because we don't know if V actually survives the space heist.

Yeah agree she's just dragged along on the Aldecaldos ending. She wants to leave Night City but never expressed a desire to turn to a Nomad lifestyle. That romance ending definitely fits Panam far better.
It's a real shame there's not something different other than leaving her V to die in the Sun ending.
The game could have done without the stupid epilogue plot cancer and more freedom of choice in terms of the what V's plans are.

Because:
+ Panam: born a nomad, always be nomad in heart. Making her stay in NC will definitely destroyed her. We players are spared of Panam worst ending.

+ Judy: She is all alone in NC basically took everything she hold dear, especially "family." Even if V is NC legend & survived the space mission, I think Judy will also break from loneliness.

Although, I kinda wish with the secret ending, player/V have the alternative options to also leave NC with the lover, regardless the present outcomes as a bonus exceptions after achieving such ending, in which also will have different ends for lover that could be good or bad (probably also extreme). Maybe something like:
+ Panam
- new dialogue option on balcony to leave NC together, refused the space mission. NC Legend suddenly disappear.
- new dialogue option on balcony to leave NC together, forced her to stay. Panam became a different person & led her to worst end.

+ Judy
- new dialogue option on balcony to follow whatever she wished (basically leave NC), refused the space mission. NC Legend suddenly disappear.
- new dialogue option on balcony to leave NC together, forced her to stay. Judy became so distant & sickly because of the stressful environment alongside dying V.

+ River
- new dialogue option on balcony to leave NC together, refused the space mission. River will be a different "rather violent" person as he also miss his family.

+ Kerry
- new dialogue option on balcony to leave NC together, refused the space mission. Kerry lost most of his fortune & fame, unable to reconciled with new life, & then forced himself to go back to NC, fate unknown.

Top Bottom