Why CD Projekt RED change Geralt's cool Face? Which face do you like?

+
Why CD Projekt RED change Geralt's cool Face? Which face do you like?

I like this young faceNO.1
But why change it Become it now....NO.2
I don't understand...When THE witcher 2 release after....can i download the no.1 picture's face mod?CAN I DOWNLOAD THE FACE MOD FROM DLC?I NEED THE TRUE ANSWER! Orz

LOL. The community is divided by two Geralt0307.. I used to like the 'hansome' Geralt and i got flamed. There are others who like the hansome Geralt too.Yes i would like a free DLC to change to his hansome look though. Due to angle problem the 2nd picture seems nice too. But i think the finalize Geralt face is less sharp.

CD-Projekt just wanted to make a faithful face to the descriptions of the books and consistent to Geralt's World. Geralt's World is sort of our beloved Middle Ages, and I doubt a lot that in Middle Ages the people were very pretty and handsome, if you know what I mean...I think the goal of The Witcher is realism, not beauty. I understand the fact that some people like most the No.1 Geralt's Face than the No.2 (especially after looking other characters like the handsome Iorveth or the pretty Triss Merigold), and viceversa (especially for faithfulness motives, I would say), but we also have to understand what is CD-Projekt trying to achieve with the main character in this game. In my opinion, I like the No.2: More realistic, more believable, more faithful, almost more in everything good, for me.

Then why make a hansome Geralt in the first place? Like it or not, honestly everyone likes to see at pretty things. Do you think people like Triss if she looks like harpy hag?

Well, in that specific picture, Geralt looks okay. But I've seen some gameplay where he looks just plain retarded, what does that have to do with middle ages? My Geralt is a well educated chap, he can even read, he can't look like a slobbering idiot! I am much more concerned with him looking stupid vs. intelligent. A dully looking fellow isn't sexy at all.Also, people were not as clean as they are now, doesn't mean they can't be born handsome. Also, realism is fine, but this is still a commercial product and everyone likes to see something pretty. And I don't mean only Triss' tits. :pBtw. we already have a big fat topic (with poll) about that question AND the game is in production already, the dvd's are being pressed as we talk... no more making Geralt pretty. Unless they pulled all our legs with a preview version that is not the final version at all and we'll get the Geralt that's depicted on this very forum site (THAT one is the best!), what a laugh that would be! :)))

DelightfulMcCoy said:
Well, in that specific picture, Geralt looks okay. But I've seen some gameplay where he looks just plain retarded, what does that have to do with middle ages? My Geralt is a well educated chap, he can even read, he can't look like a slobbering idiot! Also, people were not as clean as they are now, doesn't mean they can't be born handsome. Also, realism is fine, but this is a commercial product and everyone likes to see something pretty. And I don't mean only Triss' tits. :p
Yeah.. surprisingly the 2nd pic looks good. As i said it's just angle problem. If CDPR shape his cheek to be a little sharp(like the 2nd pic)... he looks great indeed.

to be honest, Geralt looks like a douche in the 1st picture and more like a badass in the 2nd. i really don't understand as to why people want Geralt to look like a typical pretty-boy protagonist. Geralt is a seasoned monster hunter, not Orlando Bloom, for god's sake. IMO the new face suits Geralt perfectly :)

A young, pretty, handsome Geralt wouldn't be faithful to the books or to The Witcher 1. The Geralt model they have now looks a lot closer to the first game.

Braag

Forum veteran
The first face fits the new art style of the game more while the second one looks more like Geralt from the first game.I like them both really.

Second one for sure, first one I liked at first, but now it looks, well like a douche.Second one really gives the realistic vibe of dark fantasy, not to mention it resembles TW1 Geralt more

Second picture > Geralt from TW1 > First pictureBut as far as cover box goes, I preferred the original one to the new one where Geralt looks too old IMO.

Second one for the exact same reason as VlkW pointed out.His bottom also reminds me of William Wallace's in some way :).

Number 2 is so superior it doesn't even compare. Geralt must look like a mean and dangerous badass. He has the face of someone who's battled all his life. Not some pansy-looking pretty boy model !

Geralt is NOT the Brad Pitt of The Witcher. The second face fits him the best because it portrays his wisdom and experience.

Here's another vote for #2. I also very much appreciate how CDPR took the time to listen to the fans when there was an outcry about Geralt's appearance.Geralt aside, I wish CDPR could have spent a little more time on making Triss look more like she did in TW1 as well. It's not that I think she looks bad now, it's just that she looks like some kind of perfect, highly airbrushed model. In the first game she looked more like a real person. But overall, this is a minor point for me and I understand that people tend to like to look at attractive faces.

Top Bottom