Why CDPR is Silent ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are being very unfair on RED when you consider most of the things they've blown waaaay out of proportion are actually nothing more than little nitpicks. The dev team are considerably smaller in number than the likes BioWare, Bethesda etc, yet they've delivered one of the largest and best games in an age. People shouldn't really underestimate that achievement. At least they're trying to rectify issues people have brought up, whilst the likes of Beth and BioWare (not so much as Beth), who have a considerably larger budget and team, just end up completely ignoring most of the trivial bugs.

I get how it works, if we run into a minor issue, we all have a tendency to blow it all out of proportion and it's the most important thing since sliced bread that it gets fixed. The reality is, though, it's not really usually that important to others.

Hi, I'm new here and haven't bothered my arse to look for what I want, why have I not seen what I've not bothered my arse to look for?

We generally don't comment on the contents of the patches because until they are finalized, things can be added or removed as needed. We have said that 1.07 will be quite large, so there is a lot of work going into it. When we have more concrete details or dates, we will let everyone know.

I answered the "why 1 DLC this week" question on Twitter. I think Marcin did too. There was an issue with the 2nd DLC that had to be fixed before it was released. This has caused it to be delayed till next week. No big conspiracy and we are communicating, you're just not on all the channels we communicate on. :)

You would think being on one of the channels would be enough to be informed...

most people here talk about CDPR not responding to questions regarding the latest patch. I wanna add that we had (it has been closed) a nearly 300 pages long thread discussing the graphics of W3, there hasnt been a single response by a CDPR dev to our discussions even though we repeadetly asked for information for a certain topic. Just my 2 cents I want to add here, its a shame of the devs to not respond and let us wander around in the dark.

That's obvious why they avoid this topic, They know they F1ckEd UP!!

That's obvious why they avoid this topic, They know they F1ckEd UP!!

I love this forum so much. It's a fascinating window into internet psychology. :)

I mean, here we have a game with some of the most beautiful graphics I've ever seen (granted, I'm running 1440p on ultra) and yet we have people who think the developers "****ed up" the graphics. That's totally fascinating to me. You know the overused Willy Wonka meme, where he's leaning on his elbow and smiling and saying something-something tell me more? That's *literally* me when I read these posts. I just want to buy these people a beer and sit down and study them. Just absolutely enthralled by some of the craziness here. :D

Well enjoy your beer but you should also be aware that the quality of the graphics aint what they fucked up but their misleading pr about it.

mean, here we have a game with some of the most beautiful graphics I've ever seen (granted, I'm running 1440p on ultra) and yet we have people who think the developers "****ed up" the graphics.

Maybe understanting what the issue actually is might help.

---------- Updated at 04:49 PM ----------

After that garbage that was Inquisition, I dont blame him
On the other hand, what does it say about CDPR? Hiring people off Bioware.

I love this forum so much. It's a fascinating window into internet psychology. :)

I mean, here we have a game with some of the most beautiful graphics I've ever seen (granted, I'm running 1440p on ultra) and yet we have people who think the developers "****ed up" the graphics. That's totally fascinating to me. You know the overused Willy Wonka meme, where he's leaning on his elbow and smiling and saying something-something tell me more? That's *literally* me when I read these posts. I just want to buy these people a beer and sit down and study them. Just absolutely enthralled by some of the craziness here. :D

I'm totally with you Tarrant042 ! It's not just this forum, but gaming forums in general. Sometimes I spend more time in forums than in games these days, coz of how fascinating they can be! :)

Yes, because we console users are somehow a terror who hate gaming.

No, but consoles surely are a problem for game development because devs of games have to code for old tech hardware and hence they cannot use modern technologies (as the ones present in the PC) fully. Either they choose to target only the PC platform and lose audience or they have to abide to be limited in what they can do. Since practically nobody likes to lose money, it is quite easy to understand that PC only development is a rarity nowadays (and in the instances it is still there it is not at high level enough for a great amount of resources be available anyway, hence making the much greater technology at disposal less relevant).

Users are in part to blame because they continue to buy that old hardware labeled as new and they are even happy about it.

I have personally nothing against consoles since they obviously fill a context that a PC cannot fill in the same way, but the reality of the situation is that the tech state of consoles bring down all the progress in game development and this is a fact. If it wasn't for consoles much likely we would already have 1440p as the standard with near CGI graphics.

Last edited:
That is really a game CMs can't win. If they announce something too early and then a fix didn't make it into the patch or the patch is delayed, people are like "WTF? YOU SAID IT WOULD BE OUT TODAY!!"

If the CMs don't comment or don't give specifics, people are like "Why don't they talk to us?" or "Why don't they give as an ETA?"

CDPR might not be perfect, but if you want silent developer go look up the official Arkham Knight forum. The last official thing they said after the disaster that was the Arkham Knight PC port is from Sunday and apart from a small patch they haven't done anything for 1 1/2 weeks now.

:hatsoff:

We appreciate that fans want information, but we also understand how upset you would be if we gave you the wrong information. To prevent this, we do not give out the information until we are certain of it.

As for giving you the news, the forums are mostly for fans to discuss Witcher topics with each other. We do post the news in the News section of the website and in the News forum. Even if you're not active on Social Media channels, you are active here, so make sure you check the right places. :)
As said earlier, a lot of us became very exigent because of the overall outstanding ambition, content and quality of TW3. The game you guys made basically set a new standard in my opinion. Sooo, we're TW3 junkies ^_^. A daily RED tag dose would be enough to calm people down, even if it is to say "Sorry, no news today" :laughing:.

EDIT:

Thank you. You summed up what I feel browsing the Tech support thread :thumbup:

Last edited:
Graphic down grade and non sensible inventory are cause to pls console user. Console user have been bitching about it cannot run 1080 p or something if i remember. CD Project somewhat fix this problem by pushing the limits of there middleware and there engine causing NPC pop-ins also cause NPC bugs. That bugs causes you cannot talk w/ the NPC and sometimes you cannot find the NPC at all.

Hopefully NPC pop-ins would be lesser and not be affected to PC users who have the hardware to handle the game.

I am not trying to create a console war in this forum but next gen console cannot totally handle next gen games. Even developers are being pressure to pls console user which is impossible due to hardware limitation.

This game wouldn't exist without us console gamers so your argument is moot. Instead of blaming us you should blame the people behind the creation of the console. Really asinine argument you have here.

This game wouldn't exist without us console gamers so your argument is moot. Instead of blaming us you should blame the people behind the creation of the console. Really asinine argument you have here.

Thats interesting becouse the best Witcher game came to be without the consoles.

Thats interesting becouse the best Witcher game came to be without the consoles.

Yeah I was going to post the same thing. The series wouldn't exist if it weren't for PC Gamers buying the first 2. I don't even care about that, i just want them to communicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom