Why Ciri Nova is in the game?

+
Why Ciri Nova is in the game?

I mean is it really hard to balance the cards to be more or less close to each other power-wise?

This card has no major drawbacks(like unpredictable RNG, it doesn't cripple you starting hand and so on.)

However it is:

1) A single card with 25 point swing.

2) It gets Strengthened(not boosted) so it kinda lessens the pool of cards which can counter it.

3) It's a gold card so it lessens the pool of cards which can counter it even more.

Every single match i don't even need to think what is the last card in my opponents hand and you either get lucky with your draws and get some kind of disable for her, or you just loose the game. And with this card being as it is the COIN is even more important, because if you don't have the 1 card lead on you opponent you don't even have a chance to do something about it.

I really enjoyed the previous version much more.

Welcome to the new Villentretenmerth meta. I haven't played this card since the gold immunity change, but i'm having a blast with it in ranked now, 4300+ and climbing.

i have no problem with nova because she lowers the deck power, but i dont like how regis was nerfed, he was great counter.

Can someone explain how Ciri Nova actually works? I can't tell from the card text (no links to videos please). What does "starting deck" mean in this context? Deck post-initial Mulligan?

antlers;n10068781 said:
Can someone explain how Ciri Nova actually works? I can't tell from the card text (no links to videos please). What does "starting deck" mean in this context? Deck post-initial Mulligan?

The deck as it is in the deck builder.

So she's always going to be 25 if she is in you dech at all? Isn't that just insane with Spotters?

antlers;n10068911 said:
So she's always going to be 25 if she is in you dech at all? Isn't that just insane with Spotters?

No and no: (from what I've seen and understood) Ciri only Strengthens once played, also Spotters can no longer target Golds.

CIri Nova is a ONE STRENGTH unit until she is played onto the board. She will turn into a 25 strength card as long as your starting deck had exactly 2 copies of each bronze cards in your starting deck. Right now it is quite easy to tell if someone is running ciri Nova by the amount of cards in their starting hand which is usually 26 cards. She also limits a deck to only 2 copies of bronze cards which can hurt a lot of decks. She is extremely vulnerable to scorch, vil and igni as well. In my opinion this card was made NOT AS A FINISHER but as a card that helps low tempo decks from being crushed by high tempo 1st round decks. Dont get me wrong though this card makes for a great last round card if it is not countered but the smartest use of this card is pairing it up with a low 1st round tempo deck and play it to win round one against an oppenent that passes early because they think a 20 point lead will win them the round.

Last edited:
partci Pravicors

This thread isn't about Spotters; they should be discussed in a more suitable thread, such as this.

I only mentioned them to point out their change, as it was relevant to the post I was replying to.

Ciri Nova strictly by the amount of cards in their starting hand

Ι've played 26 card decks forever, ever since I got into the open beta and long before the Midwinter patch, simply because I dislike odd numbers :p I am here to ruin all your theories xD

antlers;n10068781 said:

you can have only 2bronze copy in deck, so you have to remove a silver to keep deck of 25cards.
also using only 2frosts for me is very bad because all my units need frost.

I never would have imagined people would actually complain about Nova. I thought she's supposed to be a fun card. Do people in the higher ranks use her?

Yeah, she is used with bears, olaf+nova. Also a scoiatel player forced me to pass first round with spy+cleaver and round3 he had last card nova, so i couldnt scorch her.

Answering the question, Why Ciri Nova is in the game?

To sell Christmas Packs! This card is made to encourage people to buy kegs.
And what's even more funny?! She probably is going to be nerfed after it, in the next hotfix.

slow_cheeetah;n10071621 said:
Answering the question, Why Ciri Nova is in the game?

To sell Christmas Packs! This card is made to encourage people to buy kegs.
And what's even more funny?! She probably is going to be nerfed after it, in the next hotfix.

The hilarious thing about that is that any nerf to her power will take her out of G:Igni range when played on an empty row.

Which makes her an even better finisher in a short round 3.

Top Bottom