Why did I punch my screen after I got killed (and sugestinos for the devs)

+
Why did I punch my screen after I got killed (and sugestinos for the devs)

Hi and thank you for the amazing game!Okay so I was enjoying the amazing cutscene of Geralt defending Abigail. What a charismatic hero!It was 4:30 am and I've been playing since 10 pm so I thought I was myself a witcher.Then I had to fight the Beast with that sorceress...First try: I run to the fire border where I get burnt, circled by the dogs and killed :)Okay no problem, let's reload the game :D so 10 minutes passed and the loading finally completed 8). Let's get back the action! Um... Not yet honey...because you died, you have to wait for the loading and the "burn the witch" cutscene you already know by heart to complete, since it's very nice actually :)So...Second try: I run, the witch gets killed, I get killed."Game over"... okay :D "load"...Enjoy the artwork...Enjoy it even more...Here we go!Cutscene ;D skip it (10 secs) and find yourself beaten and killed before you realise you're into it... relax...Third try: load, skip, try to protect the witch, get circled and killed... ;DFourth try: Drink swallow potion, kill the dogs, run through a fire, get burnt, shriek like a maniac and die ::)"Game over"... "load"?... PUNCH THE SCREEN! yeaaaah 8) I killed the beast.. um no, my screen :-\Okay now... I have some suggestions about minimizing the loading time:1)Why is there a loading for the outdoor every time we get out of a house? Isn't the outdoor already loaded before we enter the house?2) Why not load the outdoor world and the houses it contains once for all, removing the loading each time we enter or leave a house? Since loading is long anyway...3) Why, after the player dies and loads the same level, all the data are loaded over again? As a punishment because we died?4) Are the devs going to fix that? Or would they mind giving us (modders) some tools to do it?Thank you in advance!

;D ;D ;D ;D that reminds me so much of my husband *chuckles* Yeah I am a smug arse.The only reason why he didn't punch his screen was because he would have robbed himself of playing Mass Effect afterwards.But he freaked out at the End Fight with the beast. Loaded over and over again, nearly broke his desk and mouse - merely because I went through the fight smoothly without a real struggle.Most of all he was angry at the long video sequence, as it took time to get again to the doggy scene.But honestly, *laughs hard* are there any women who react that impulsive? I only know guys angrily pouncing their periphery when a game doesn't work out.

Thank u all for the spiritual and tactic support :DTonight I'm gonna fight THE BEAST on my new cathodic screen my friend gave me So... The witch doesn't die? Me who gave my very life to save her... now I know no sacrifice must be made for a girl 8) Girls don't need guys so I'll go my own way!But how come Rhian could slay that horrible monster without any trouble?! She must be amazing... ::) Maybe I'll have to admit I definitely need a girl beside me to accomplish my highest goals! Oh and Whisperwind I'm sorry for your mom tell her I'm gonna kill THE BEAST and avenge her awakening I promiseNow I'm getting myself ready for the fight... I take anything that can be punched, kicked or thrown off my desk. Fortunatly I have a wired mouse otherwise it would fly... hope the keyboard will resist the slaps...

Here is how... Cast AARD and hope it stuns him. (only a 30% chance with the skill)- when it does, you can 1hit kill him. All of the other enemies will auto die after this.Easy, under 7 seconds if you lucky. If it takes more than one AARD to get him stunned, it may take longer. Drink a Swallow and Tawny owl at the start to help.

georges25y said:
Thank u all for the spiritual and tactic support :DTonight I'm gonna fight THE BEAST on my new cathodic screen my friend gave me So... The witch doesn't die? Me who gave my very life to save her... now I know no sacrifice must be made for a girl 8) Girls don't need guys so I'll go my own way!But how come Rhian could slay that horrible monster without any trouble?! She must be amazing... ::) Maybe I'll have to admit I definitely need a girl beside me to accomplish my highest goals! Oh and Whisperwind I'm sorry for your mom tell her I'm gonna kill THE BEAST and avenge her awakening I promiseNow I'm getting myself ready for the fight... I take anything that can be punched, kicked or thrown off my desk. Fortunatly I have a wired mouse otherwise it would fly... hope the keyboard will resist the slaps...
Oh I am just a care-bear and not amazing at all ;-) I let Geralt craft the hell out of all his ingredients so I have enough Swallow, Tawny Owl, Blizzard and blade coatings for any nasty encounter.But my dear husband keeps forgetting that he actually can do the same and runs along without using anything at all - besides his sword. He doesn't even use Aard most of the time.

on my second time through (on hard difficulty) I killed the Beast in one hit. I cast the Aard sign, he got stunned and I finished him off. a huge disappointment actually. considering it took me 5-6 tries to kill him on normal difficulty.

I KILLED THE BEAST ;DI go ahead and start The Witcher. 10 seconds later the fight is already loading... as I wait, my heart is beating faster and faster. Here, I remember Rhian's words...I say to myself... she's right!! some guys think jerking their sword is the only way they can get things done (actually I was one of those until I met the doggie) so I dedice to use some potions :Das soon as the fight starts I go into the inventory i see "unknown potion"... this must be the key to sucess drink it 8) .. so Geralt takes his time all the creatures surround me but no problem cus I'm gonna win ;)the screen starts blurring... I can hardly move... they start biting me... is my graphic card melting or what the hell is this potion for? Okay no need to understand just reload...Second try a miracle happens :D I drink a swallow bottle i run far from the witch and all the misery she's having with the dogs... she gets burnt I don't care about her situation I just rub my sword with a tawny oil...I kill the cortege and I'm finally one to one with The Beast! OMG what do I have to do now :eek: Yeah stun'em!... doesn't work... panic... I'm gonna die why not jerking with the fast style?... "Quest updated!" and everything calms down :-\...Whew... this should've been the final boss not the first one!! I'm saying that cus I'm at the swamps now and everything goes smoothly for me :DOh and I've met Shani while she was sleeping ;D I'd gladly customize her underwear a litthe bit with the modding toolkit they're gonna release very soon (but wheeen?)Anyway I hope I won't have to replace my screen at every chapter's end :D Waiting for the devs to answer my questions...

You cold have Abigail kill the beast for ya - that's much easier ;DAt least that's what must have happened when I recollect this fight: I tried a number of times, and the last time I had merely run around and killed a few dogs, then all of a sudden the beast is dead... I only remember having a few hits on him since I used "group" sword style. But I wasn't complaining, and didn't try it another time :)

georges25y said:
I KILLED THE BEAST ;DI go ahead and start The Witcher. 10 seconds later the fight is already loading... as I wait, my heart is beating faster and faster. Here, I remember Rhian's words...I say to myself... she's right!! some guys think jerking their sword is the only way they can get things done (actually I was one of those until I met the doggie) so I dedice to use some potions :Das soon as the fight starts I go into the inventory i see "unknown potion"... this must be the key to sucess drink it 8) .. so Geralt takes his time all the creatures surround me but no problem cus I'm gonna win ;)the screen starts blurring... I can hardly move... they start biting me... is my graphic card melting or what the hell is this potion for? Okay no need to understand just reload...Second try a miracle happens :D I drink a swallow bottle i run far from the witch and all the misery she's having with the dogs... she gets burnt I don't care about her situation I just rub my sword with a tawny oil...I kill the cortege and I'm finally one to one with The Beast! OMG what do I have to do now :eek: Yeah stun'em!... doesn't work... panic... I'm gonna die why not jerking with the fast style?... "Quest updated!" and everything calms down :-\...Whew... this should've been the final boss not the first one!! I'm saying that cus I'm at the swamps now and everything goes smoothly for me :DOh and I've met Shani while she was sleeping ;D I'd gladly customize her underwear a litthe bit with the modding toolkit they're gonna release very soon (but wheeen?)Anyway I hope I won't have to replace my screen at every chapter's end :D Waiting for the devs to answer my questions...
Fantastic work, so indeed we are not the only ones....I also had that impulse of punching the monitor like 3 or 4 times the other day when I fought the Beast, but I calmed myself down considering I paid a lot of money for it...but I can assure you that I punched a lot of things during computer play, from PC to monitor, keyboard, mouse, table, chairs and so on....I know how u fill like....

Hi :DYeah this is what happens when people don't have the cash... you have to keep the bad energy that's tormenting you inside just to save the screen you finally afforded to buy :pHere is the truth... money is nothing 8) just live your life with those intense emotions that make you feel so goodshouting bacause of a crash and having your neighbours knocking your door at midnight but do it anyway just for the fun :)and then going on the forums and beggins people to fix your problem for you to be able to play again... "thank you for your help i suck your shoes please just reply " :D... then check back one day later and see your thread forgotten pages away with no answers... :-\and then wait for the patch... play the game 8) let it invade your dreams as 10 hours a day isn't enough :D... endure your family's bullshit about how bad it is to do nothing but play :mad: ;D...get up at the morning feeling you really should go to sleep... your eyelids so heavy but... do it anyway ;DThat's what I call true life :-*Long live this forum!Long live the Witcher!

I killed the Beast in one hit. I stunned him with magic, and attacked him and instant kill. 8) It was a complete accident I did that though, and my cousin watching me got pissed off with the ease it took me to kill him. Loading only takes about 10 seconds tops for me though.

Top Bottom