Why did they have to die...

+
I put on Target Analysis so "all your attacks are non-lethal". I also use the penis which is a blunt "non-letal" weapon. But sometimes the target dies anyway and Regina gets angry. Why do they die if I'm using non-lethal?

I put on Threat Detection so "all your attacks are non-lethal". I also use the penis which is a blunt "non-letal" weapon. But sometimes the target dies anyway and Regina gets angry. Why do they die if I'm using non-lethal?
In my case, it's mostly because I hit them once after they're knock out (a single hit, even a punch, on knocked out target is lethal).
It also could happen if you have QHs like Short Circuit which apply their effect. Your final hit is a critic, this hit knock out the dude, but Short Circuit effect is applied afterward and kill him... The same with weapons which have additional effects, like Prototype mark V. The bullet knock out him, but the "explosion" effect kill him right after.

In my case, it's mostly because I hit them once after they're knock out (a single hit, even a punch, on knocked out target is lethal).
It also could happen if you have QHs like Short Circuit which apply their effect. Your final hit is a critic, this hit knock out the dude, but Short Circuit effect is applied afterward and kill him... The same with weapons which have additional effects, like Prototype mark V. The bullet knock out him, but the "explosion" effect kill him right after.
Also, if you jump down from a little height and land close to them, the tremor of the landing impact kills them too.

It doesnt work unless you stop attacking at times. Its not non lethal allways, hit once too much and you will kill stuff. Im allways very careful before doing a pshyco quest, take them down if i can. If i cant i stop shooting before 0% and hit with fists. Havent failed yet ^^ never use non lethal mods. Also noticed that knife with poison has a tendancy too leave alot of alive targets -.- weird

It depend :)
If the "bases" damages are enough to drop the life to 0, the dude die. If not, the poison effect finish him, but poison is non lethal, so he doesn't die.
Yea thats just weird. Poison is probably the most used stealthy murder weapon ^^ True they generally get it in food but still. Poison just stops working when your down and out! :D

Oh so you need to be really nice and tender to get them. One punch at the time. Fortunately that... thing knocks them to the floor about half of the time. OK thanks.
To have the best chance to leave the cyberpsycho alive, never use machineguns, or other multi-firearms against them when they're at low health.

With Target Analysis equipped, use a sniper rifle, (never-ever the O'Five), or other single shot firearms, (not shotguns), against the cyberpsycho on foot, and against Exo-suited cyberpsychos, drain their health to almost zero with single shot firearms, then use CONTAGION QH to drain out the rest. The last can take a while, but it insures a non-lethal drop.

Last edited:
Best tactic for most Cyberpsychos is to stay back with a blunt weapon while having a power attack ready to go and simpy wait for the psycho to come within range. Then unleash the power attack which will stun them and once they're stunned, back up and charge a new power attack and repeat this one hit at a time until they go down.
For the more dangerous ones I just hit them with everything I have and once the psycho is at low health, I get a smart gun with Pax and shoot them with small bursts.
In most playthroughs with these tactics I can defeat all psychos without killing them.

Non-Leathal is nonsense anyway... I always hunt my Psychos with Comrades Hammer and they all survive if you don’t hit them after they kiss the ground. Its like you can get a „non lethal kill“ with nearly every weapon, without cyberware or mods if you are careful with the finishing hit.
Post automatically merged:

Best tactic for most Cyberpsychos is to stay back with a blunt weapon while having a power attack ready to go and simpy wait for the psycho to come within range. Then unleash the power attack which will stun them and once they're stunned, back up and charge a new power attack and repeat this one hit at a time until they go down.
For the more dangerous ones I just hit them with everything I have and once the psycho is at low health, I get a smart gun with Pax and shoot them with small bursts.
In most playthroughs with these tactics I can defeat all psychos without killing them.
Way to complicated just kill them with 1-2 shots from CH : /
Post automatically merged:

To have the best chance to leave the cyberpsycho alive, never

With Target Analysis equipped, use a sniper rifle, (never-ever the O'Five), or other single shot firearms, (not shotguns), against the cyberpsycho on foot, and against Exo-suited cyberpsychos, drain their health to almost zero with single shot firearms, then use CONTAGION QH to drain out the rest. The last can take a while, but it insures a non-lethal drop.
This is also more complicated than it must be. As Long as you don’t hit your target after knockout every kill-blow on Psychos is non lethal hit. Even on bosses like Royce or Smasher

Last edited:
This is also more complicated than it must be. As Long as you don’t hit your target after knockout every kill-blow on Psychos is non lethal hit. Even on bosses like Royce or Smasher
It depend and it seem way easier to kill them in 1.5. Unlike bosses which never die and always fall knock out on the ground (like Woodman, Oda, Sasquatch, Smasher, Royce) :)
In my last playthrough, I kill the dude on the bridge (Demons of War) with a single headshot with my Overture. His head simply blew up. And the same on the sniper in the Badlands (Second Chances) with Overwatch, a single headshot and his head blew up. I simply reloaded and try again, but it's possible to kill them even before they fall on the ground...

I put on Target Analysis so "all your attacks are non-lethal". I also use the penis which is a blunt "non-letal" weapon. But sometimes the target dies anyway and Regina gets angry. Why do they die if I'm using non-lethal?
It's possible u might be encountering a few glitches cause usually they don't die, they will just lay there after the fight but they will still be breathing

I also believe that sometimes overkill on the last hit can kick in so if they have 1% health and you hit them for 10% they can die, usually if your weapon adds electrical or similar on top of the melee hit.

Top Bottom