Why do I get Anthony Gilchrest instead of Meredith Stout?

+
I think if you crack the chip before you offer it to Royce you end up with Gilchrist.

When I don't crack the chip, kill Royce in dialouge and look at the computer messages from the mole I get Stout. Last time I cracked the chip right after I got it, killed Royce in dialouge after offering the militech chip, read the mole messages and ended up with Gilchrist.

I was stumbling on this yesterday, and think I figured out an extra condition vs. what the walkthroughs tend to lay out: in addition to everything else, I think you have to choose the first ”pay with miltech chip” dialogue option in order to get Stout (before dealing with Royce).

Last edited:
For me since day one (always Meredith indeed) :
Hack the ship directly (no way... 10K eddies).
Royce : Give me reduction ? > Draw gun > Bam (no need to face him later^^).
Get out and Meredith wait me outside.
(And only if you are Nomad, you can say to Meredith about LOA and Anthony if you find the computer in the little room.)

To clear up some confusion:

Accept chip (crack it or not) → offer to pay with chip → shoot Royce → get Stout at end
Accept chip (crack it or not) → offer to pay with chip → takedown Royce → get Gilchrist at end

I have no idea why a takedown would count as different from shooting him, but it does.

Top Bottom