Why do people play as Monsters?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's wonderful to see such a ugly and unsophisticated faction with such impassioned and supportive patrons.

A mirror of our own reality surely.

Moderator's reminder to all: Please, keep the discussion friendly and respectful.

That said, personally, I never play Monsters, as a matter of principle. The faction simply doesn't appeal to me, despite the succubus' charms. (I suppose I'm just not Eskel.)

No Title

The collective tears of weather spamming monster players is the new torrential rain.

Attachments

• photo157350.jpg
    photo157350.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
This is an endless cycle. You ask people for their opinions, yet are unable to understand them because you're so opinionated yourself, and therefore scoff at any legitimate replies. You say Monsters' playstyle become too familiar, but every deck will feel same-y and familiar when played enough. Not to mention that the archetypes within in the faction have arguably been the most varied, especially when it came to consistency in ranked.

SHALLAHJUSTICE

After the recent Update..Nobody Likes to play as Monster... Eredin deck & weather deck is DEAD & Elder deck has a 50-50 win rate

Last edited by a moderator:
ElectroBlade;n9098810 said:
This is an endless cycle. You ask people for their opinions, yet are unable to understand them because you're so opinionated yourself, and therefore scoff at any legitimate replies. You say Monsters' playstyle become too familiar, but every deck will feel same-y and familiar when played enough. Not to mention that the archetypes within in the faction have arguably been the most varied, especially when it came to consistency in ranked.

Ive only played Monster deck. I have never played any other deck even one time. Not even once. I have 183 hours played with the monster deck. I know it inside and out.
I win without using weather. I never use weather. You don't need it unless you suck at monster deck or don't fully understand monster deck.
I have a healthy hate for every other deck in the game that's for sure. Monsters are the only option for me.
When it is all said and done I will be the best monster deck player in the world. I'm coming for that crown. You will bend the knee.

Last edited:
Cause 100% winrate. People get to 4k in a day with it. You just can't lose. Doesn't require any skill whatsoever.

Eydok;n9118740 said:
Cause 100% winrate. People get to 4k in a day with it. You just can't lose. Doesn't require any skill whatsoever.

this ones actually funny! But back to the reasons why people play monsters. Diversity. Consume decks are viable. Spawn decks are viable. weather spamming will never get old. Most other factions only have the one recipe for success.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been shown (Journal of the Medical Society of Kovir, Vol 13(2), 732) that people who like the Monsters faction have larger dikcs than those who don't. Furthermore, during urination, those who don't like Monsters fool themselves by holding their manhood with four fingers, but they piss on three of them.

tortugueta;n9170090 said:
It has been shown (Journal of the Medical Society of Kovir, Vol 13(2), 732) that people who like the Monsters faction have larger dikcs than those who don't. Furthermore, during urination, those who don't like Monsters fool themselves by holding their manhood with four fingers, but they piss on three of them.

I would rather be a celibate unendowned buddhist monk carrying buckets of water up and down the thousand steps daily then spawn harpy eggs even once in my lifetime.

Repost of above comment to fix spelling (that's what I get for posting on a phone)

Becuase they are overpowered and require no tatics or thinking to win. Easy to build swarms, grave hag finisher, carry over, resilience, OP bronze units, foglet cheese and better silver/gold spying options than NG (even though spying is meant to be NG's thing). Monsters need to be hit with the nerf cannon severely.

TjTonks;n9184181 said:
Repost of above comment to fix spelling (that's what I get for posting on a phone)

Becuase they are overpowered and require no tatics or thinking to win. Easy to build swarms, grave hag finisher, carry over, resilience, OP bronze units, foglet cheese and better silver/gold spying options than NG (even though spying is meant to be NG's thing). Monsters need to be hit with the nerf cannon severely.

You're actually not entirely wrong, but not fully right either in my honest opinion. Yes, the Monsters deck will mostly run itself after putting the first few creatures in place. While ranking up I come across these Monsters decks all the time and they really are a pain in the ass to beat, but my win ratio floats somewhere around 50/50 with my NR and SK decks in progress.

It takes some tweaking and finetuning along the way. Followed by a losing streak every now and then, but come on. That's the game isn't it? Now instead of whining about those annoying, simple and lazy players. Better find a way to make them lose so hard, they'll never think of making one again.

Video: Queensguards Bran vs. Monsterarmy

Made one more to learn more about creating and sharing these videos. If you don't want them, go play something that isn't eating through it's own friends.

Video: Reaver Hunters battle royale vs. Nasty Bugs

Last edited:
Hi, monster consume/deathwish is my first deck on this game, i destroy every NT cards for build this one, but i still have a lack of gold cards and i discover i play consume after i have build my deck x)

I play with the golem/nekker and the harpy for trigger the deathwish of the golem and nekker, it's a litte bit no-brain than deck with Crone/Spider or Dagon and i don't want to play Dagon in anyway XD but i hope drop many cool cards to build ST Mulligan deck or ST aggro-control (no Dwarfs ^^).

Sorry for my awful english, do not hesitate to correct me :)

After being stuck on rank 12 for some time due to fighting opposition at least 10 lvls higher, therefor way more options with better cards in their collections. I gave this Monster consume deck a go with only some small bronze and silver purchases to get close to fully operational. And after a few trial & errors I got the hang of it. Then it hit me: This deck can be used to get to higher levels of fights easier, because the basic needs are affordable and give results. Even without the need for big flashy gold cards that your deck relies upon.

Maybe that is the main reason for it to feel so overpowered while you/others are struggeling to earn enough for that one card that will boost your decks power again.

Totally agree, it's cool too play monster when you start the game to fight the other when you haven't strong gold cards in other factions like Bloody baron for radovid control or cool gold in ST :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom