Why Do You Still Play?

+
Why Do You Still Play?

At this point, I can barely bring myself to login for the 6win daily.

Even with 3 decks, it's the same matches over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

it basically comes down to coin flip and draw. All the rest is predictable.

it's sad, because I truly love the game and want it to be the next big thing, but dang it got boring very quick.

I think the lack of variety and modes did it for me. Also the good decks to play are not fun decks to play (for the most part).

​​​​it is just the same thing over and over. I play mtg and hearthstone and I don't get burned out from them like I do this.

something needs to change and the revealed cards won't do it.

I play for fun .... and of course, that developers will bring new cards and gameplay mechanic .... just give them some time and will happen . the game it's still new (less than 2 years of existence) and I'm sure CDProjekt thas intentions to keep support for this game for long time, since was a huge fanbase demand that gave them reasons to make a separate version of Gwnet to be played online and for free, so, they will try to keep the game interesting along its life cycle.

Last edited:
Well, I liked testing the game during CB. It felt like Gwent in W3, with enough alterations to be dynamic and enjoyable. Despite the flaws of W3 Gwent it was a nice change of pace from the overall masterpiece of a game (W3). Since OB I think it's steadily gone downhill. The meta has become stagnant at one point or another through every OB iteration, from the start up until now. The changes between CB to OB turned it from an enjoyable, better version of W3 Gwent into just another CCG. It doesn't resemble W3 Gwent or CB Gwent outside of the names on certain cards. I'm getting the distinct feeling it's going to continue in it's current direction. To be blunt, I feel that direction is not my cup of tea. So the short answer is, I'm not. Perhaps I'll revisit it after the next patch. Perhaps I will not. In either case count me in the taking a hiatus group.

Every meta gets old after a bit. Once the patch drops it will freshen up again. I still play because it's still fun to me. You don't have to play every day. Just play when you want to. That's what I do.

Lack of diversity ? The game is not finished.

This kind of topic is useless.

Why would you force yourself to keep playing anyway if you're bored with the said game.

Hearthstone has a lot of diversity, but it doesn't make it a good game.

Creating a game takes time.

Been there, done that.

You should learn to move on, games are not meant to entertain you forever. At some point you will be done with the game, but your addiction to the game might take longer to decline. Your addiction wants you to keep playing, but you do not really enjoy playing anymore. You will find yourself writing posts on the game's forum forum about how it is the game's fault, to help you cope with not being able to get your 'high' from actually playing the game.

The best solution seems to be to start playing a new game (or at least cold turkey quit the current one). You'll be able to entertain yourself with your new game and you'll have fond memories of the time when you played your previous game. You'll even think back to topics like this and and smile at yourself for ever being so silly.

As to answer your question, I still play because I still enjoy the game. Once I no longer do I will move on. You should too.

I've been playing for what seems like a long time.
come sept. A year :eek:
I have been really busy with life/work since spring
but
I have squeezed other games in..in this time frame
Resident Evil VR
Arizona Sunshine VR
Horizon Zero Dawn
Battlefield 1
Battlefront
Rush of Blood VR
Doom
Killing Floor 2
Farpoint VR
Basically I use gwent as a filler..but I also try and play the daily's everyday...usually to relax after all the fps action
lol

So.. take a break.. there is a rectangle thing in the square in which you reside

For the 100 en 75 gold reward...otherwise not much. Just want to keep up with the game IF it becomes big but i'm having my doubts right now for many reasons. It's not that competitive as i expected tbh.

I like card games. And because i play for fun the game is not a grind fest. I only do T1 and T2 dailies.

As for diversity , well it's a young game , less than 500 cards , only 5 factions.

HS was the same in his early days despite the fact that the game has 9 factions. Freeze mage dominated CB and early release. Then Undertaker (the front page was nothing but this guy for a long time)
I don't know how it is now because i quit when yogg Saron arrived.

And i would not compare any card games to MTG. This game is 20 years old , and you can combine colors so the diversity is pretty high.

I play, because I still like the game. I have been playing it from the beginning, but I don't have much time to play, so that already keeps the game fresh. I would like to play more, but I just don't have enough time.

Of course I played more when the game was new. Everything was new and exciting. And I absolutely loved Gwent already in Wicher 3. Game has changed a lot during these betas, new things came, cards kept changing... I haven't been a fan of all changes, I liked some a lot, and some have been quite meaningless for me. There has been long breaks where I didn't touch the game at all, and then again there comes a phase where I play several days on a row. But I have never played more than 2 daily tiers per day. I never get to the stage where the game starts repeating itself. I don't play enough for this to happen.

Currently Gwent is on hold for me, because I want to play other (non card) games too (and I already have all the current cards). I love Gwent, but I also like other games. I'm most likely returning to Gwent when we get new cards or other major changes. When those single player campaigns gets released somewhere in the future, I'm sure I'm going to be totally hyped again and spending a lot of time with Gwent. And it's very possible that I play a bit even before the next patch.

Winning is not the key thing for me and I have played only handful of ranked games. I love deck building as much as I like playing with opponents. I think that there are days where I spend more time with building decks than actually playing with them. I like to spend time in my collection, just watching those beautiful cards. Sometimes I just play in practice mode, testing different taunts and avatars for fun and experimenting with decks and cards.

Last edited:
I'm 44 and GWENT was a nice addition to an already brilliant game. The Witcher 3. It can't be easy pleasing everyone. People like different factions. It does seem though that the devs like some factions more than others. then they look at the stats..no one is playing ST anymore, then buff that deck. Rinse and repeat until a balance is struck. I love LOTR movies. So I persisted with ST....compared to the other decks though. Terrible. Whatever! It's still a nice way to pass time.

Do not force yourself to play, even if it's only for the daily quests, we all burn out sometimes (me too atm) just take a break for a week/month and when you come back, the game will feel awesome again.

It is still entertaining and getting lot more close matches.
Still, could see it gets repetitive eventually (if not soon).

Do hope for quicker development time and more modes, to pump new blood into the system.

Altho i don't like the current meta (f u dagon) i still do the 6 wins everyday because i see it as an investment for when the game will shake up and be fun again, and because it doesn't take that much time to gather 6 rounds anyway.

How can you say teh decks that win are no fun? For me is winning = fun. I dont play the game to throw some cards in and gg at the end. I want to outsmart my opponent. It's the competition that keeps me playing.

Nilfhunter;n9219691 said:
How can you say teh decks that win are no fun? For me is winning = fun. I want to outsmart my opponent. It's the competition that keeps me playing.

Because the decks that win are T1 decks. And if you use T1 decks it's not you winning the games, it's your deck. In all honesty there's nothing to outsmart right now.

Such is my take on the question. Even though it's not addressed to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom