Why does CDPR allow players to mill their whole collection?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does CDPR allow players to mill their whole collection?

Why they allow milling of all leaders?

My story is simple.
I milled all my cards (included leaders) to get access more monster cards faster.

Now i have gain interest to actually try other factions, but guess what.
No can do, i have no leaders in other factions.

I will not complain much more.
This is clearly developers choice.

Mainly im interested to know: Why something game damaging like this does exist?
"To give players freedom of choice to make stupid moves?"
(End of story?)

Last edited:
I did never understand why people would mill all their cards, especially leaders, to craft a few other ones. This game is very generous with cards compared to other card games. Didn't you expect to play other factions someday?

I think it is good from the devs to give us the opportunity to do with all cards whatever we want to, even with leaders. It is not game damaging at all.

What did you expect what would happen if you mill leaders? Get them again by repeating the challenges?

In my opinion, I think stupidity should not be tolerated.

The game is generous enough that you can save to craft leader cards again. Believe me, if they disable milling leader cards, people will ask to be able to mill leader cards. Milling a leader card is just fine, just make smarter choices.

traveling982 If you're low level still, I'd advise you to start a new account.

You asked why they allow you to mill leader cards, well that's because those cards weren't given out for free before. You actually had to get the leaders from Kegs like any other card in the game, meaning you could also get duplicates of them. Only after the open beta started is that they made leaders as rewards for the challenges.

I do believe that they should implement a warning inside the game when you try to mill cards that you can't get through Kegs, and those are just leaders atm, but more will be added to the game like the Thronebreaker cards.

General17491;n9815781 said:
think it is good from the devs

"This game is very generous with cards compared to other card games."
Oh pls, give me example and not just words.

I can give u one.
I have collected 90% of cards in magic card game (steam version), and do u know why?
Because there is no game mechanics that lets u to reverse what u have alrdy collected.

"Play to unlock" is much better game mechanics than this gwent bullshit.
I can collect scraps and unlock cards.
Maybe i will unlock cards in wrong order but at least i wouldnt come complain it in forums.
Either i would collect more scraps by playing more OR i would buy kegs with real money.

Anyways, u know how this story ends?
I will quit playing this bullshit game and will never recommend it to anyone.

Nothing good.

Last edited by a moderator:
traveling982;n9815931 said:
I can give u one.
I have collected 90% of cards in magic card game (steam version), and do u know why?
Because there is no game mechanics that lets u to reverse what u have alrdy collected.

Anyways, u know how this story ends?

Anyways, i will just quit game and thats it.
Enjoy your bullshit game.

1) So, your are saying that you would not have collected 90% of cards there if one could mill cards? If you are a collector why mill anyways? I don't get it. So it is CDPRs fault that you can not keep your hands of the mill button?
2) Bye, thanks. We will enjoy it.

Theodrik;n9815911 said:
traveling982 If you're low level still, I'd advise you to start a new account.

You asked why they allow you to mill leader cards, well that's because those cards weren't given out for free before. You actually had to get the leaders from Kegs like any other card in the game, meaning you could also get duplicates of them. Only after the open beta started is that they made leaders as rewards for the challenges.

I do believe that they should implement a warning inside the game when you try to mill cards that you can't get through Kegs, and those are just leaders atm, but more will be added to the game like the Thronebreaker cards.

I would be even happy if i would have one freaking leader in all factions and able to mill other leaders.
Why they let us mill all leaders???

"This game is very generous with cards compared to other card games." Oh pls, give me example and not just words.
If you complete your dailies to the 2nd tier of rewards you'll get something similar to 3 Kegs. Add that to the rewards you get from leveling, plus the rewards from ranked play laddering, and the end of the season rewards, and also the rewards from the events like Mahakam Ale and Saovine... Well if you play straight for 2-3 months, you'll have enough materials and Kegs for a full collection without spending a single penny. Now tell me, what other card game give you that?

traveling982;n9816001 said:
Why they let us mill all leaders???
They let you mill the leaders because they are cards like any other in the game, they can be even crafted or transmuted to premium. That means you can have duplicate leader cards if you choose to. Like in my case, I decided to transmute a leader card with powder, meaning I lost the non-premium version. Since I'm a completionist, I decided to craft the non-premium version of that leader to have both of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
General17491;n9815991 said:
1) So, your are saying that you would not have collected 90% of cards there if one could mill cards? If you are a collector why mill anyways? I don't get it. So it is CDPRs fault that you can not keep your hands of the mill button?
2) Bye, thanks. We will enjoy it.

In magic, u unlock cards by random. U cant choose what u receive.
- But u cant receive too many duplicates, there is always limit.

In magic u can always make deck.
- Certain card missing? Doesnt mean u cant play the game (leaders)

In magic, u basicly can use any card in any deck. (multi colored decks are just harder to play, i guess)
- So u want unlock more and more cards by playing more and more (u get cards by random after all)

I dont think milling itself is bad. (it shortens life of game, able to choose what u want)
But able to mill all your leaders is very bad game design.

And no fucking way i would have 90% of magic cards collected if i would be able to choose what cards to unlock.
I have played magic 880 hours.
I have played Gwent 123 hours.

So....let the numbers speak itself.

And i stopped playing magic (steam version) because developers wont add any new cards for the game.
So i dont see point playing dead game anymore.

Last edited:
traveling982;n9815701 said:
"To give players freedom of choice to make stupid moves?"

This reminds me of:

On a more serious note, please, refrain from overusing the term stupid, even if you aren't directing it towards someone (other than yourself).

On a less serious note, if you understand and play Magic, then one would assume a bit more... -uhm- professionality, when playing similar games.

Anyways, there is no point for further discussion.
I thank Theodrik for tip.

New account might solve my problem.
At least i would get my leaders back for new account.

If i wanna play monsters i can always use my 1st account.

But i will say it one more time. (maybe developers see it)
Its bad game design, to make one card so important, that by losing it, u cant even play the faction anymore.
Easy fix: U could mill leaders until one is left (for the faction) and then get note "only leader for faction, cant be milled"

Last edited:
Well some people actually don't play enough to want to complete their collection, I got my friend to play and she didn't know what to do much and well i'm showing her but i told her that she could potentially mill everything aside from one faction, if she'd have more fun doing it, and I know theres no harm in that because she'll never play to have more of that collection in any other faction as she would from milling stuff shes not using.

I offer up a second idea... make a lacky account, Idk if smurfing is like rule breaking in this game but i theory craft, and you could do the same thing on your second account and have another faction if you don't see a long term and well if you see a long long term the game is so easy to collect that atleast you'll be able to catch up at some point.

I right now have no other legendary cards for SK or NR outside of the leaders + ermion and phillipa (starters), yet I have enough scraps to craft 30 legendaries. I theorise even when I can craft all the cards I might hold off because what if they make it harder to acquire cards etc, or if I stop playing and things get outta hand, I'd still want to have one nearly complete faction.

Well, I milled everything to get a good deck that got me to rank 19 season one. I used the resource to build up a second faction for season 2. Got to rank 19 again. Season 3 irrc is when pro ladder started, so I scrape together 2 more faction with enough for a workable decks. I still am missing half the leaders, but now have at least one competitive decks for 4 fractions. I find this better than struggling with not having any good decks and keep losing. By the way, I still have not managed to qualify for pro ladder yet.. seems too much work anyway.

A few posts deleted. This thread is getting awfully close to being locked.

Please, respect each other's opinion and keep the discussion civilized.

As stated above: reigns, please. I'll openly agree that it's a bit silly not to have a safeguard in place for something like this, but we must all keep in mind that the game is still in beta. Odd holes and catch-22's like this will appear. All part of the development process, folks! And sometimes, what looks like an "obvious, simple fix" may be nothing of the sort. Computers don't use sense and reason; they use logical, mathematical exclusion. (That's why, to this day, auto-correct for word processors sucks.)

traveling982 , if you have not done so already, contact CDPR Support and explain your situation. I'm sure they will be able to drop a single card on you or reset / restore your account.

Last edited:
SigilFey;n9817551 said:
le card on you or reset / res

I will not contact support.
Its still my fault that i was short sighted and made decisions based on short time span (I only play monsters and thats it. And 126h later i wanna play other faction but not have leaders)

I propably start new account later. (now i need break for moment)
And i will not mill leaders with new account, because now i realize that they are rlly important. (cant play without them)

And i can always use first account if i wanna go back monsters.

traveling982;n9815701 said:
Why they allow milling of all leaders?

Because if they didn't, you'd be here crying over why doesn't the game allow you to mill all the leaders in order to copy a deck you found on the internet. That's why.

Please, no !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom