Why does Geralt insist on fighting with fists?!

+
Why does Geralt insist on fighting with fists?!

I keep running into this problem since patch 1.07.

I will have Geralt run into battle. He used to draw the appropriate sword himself but now he doesn't bother but attempts to fist the monsters (and not in the way you think, dirty people). Even if I draw the sword, getting stunned will somehow encourage him to just to put the sword away and fight again with fists which makes this difficult because he seems to get delayed on withdrawing it again. It's getting very frustrating as he keeps dying during various battles because he refuses to keep his sword out.

Is Geralt going through man-o-pause and can't keep his sword up or is this a bug? Help!

You're hitting the button a split second before the enemy health bars appear.

Slow down, big fella. You'll bust a nut.

You're hitting the button a split second before the enemy health bars appear.

Slow down, big fella. You'll bust a nut.

I have no nuts to bust sadly. . As for either health bar thing...Nope. They appear before I run to battle (I slow to make sure I can handle it or can quickly run screaming like a little girl). And why would the sword be put back when being stunned. I could understand him dropping it (like in Assassins Creed where you can literally be disarmed) but putting it back is just absolutely mystifying. I go through fights having to redraw the bloody sword time and time again because he just seems intent on playing fisticuffs like an utter fuckwit. Driving me insane,

i had this problem like a lot ... when this happend i enter inventory and replace any sword i see , then out inventory and Geralt draw his swrod again ...

Geralt can event punch a bear and a troll in quest line of fishfighting champion but out of this quest he will alway be stun when figh any monster (this is what i thing , don't try to experient this though) with berehand ... event in Original story Geralt can punch a Striga (The Last Wish)

I have no nuts to bust sadly. . ,

Sorry, that wasn't intended to be gender-specific. :)

But I think maybe what you are experiencing is just a timing issue with the way the game handles the auto-draw. There is a slight delay in when the game thinks you have entered combat and when enough time passes without any input from you, it performs the auto-draw. What I have learned to do is time it so as soon as I see a health bar, I hit the attack button (left mouse for me) and as a bonus, it automatically draws the correct sword and I can begin the fight.

If I wait too long to do this, the game will decide to do it for me and auto-draw and I almost always end up hitting the button twice (which results in the problem you stated - punching the air because I am already into the fight). Hope that helps.

most likely after you punch game tries to auto draw sword while you also insert the command to draw sword which sheathes it instead. Draw before battle or wait until he auto takes it out before spamming attack only if he doesnt try to take it manually.

I just walk around the wilderness with my silver sword drawn to avoid this.
My biggest problem is geralt putting it away after dispatching the closest enemies.
Almost everytime I fight a leshen, he puts his sword away and gets killed by level 25 wolves.

I really expect to see him in a episode of "Stupid Deaths"

I agree with the OP. I find him going to fists more than in the past. It is not a majority of the time, but I definitely noticed the change. And I never go to my sword keys unless I have to, due to a malfunction as described.

If I'd had to guess then that's most likely thanks to the wonderful feature that is auto-drawing and auto-sheathing swords, because you know, you can't be trusted with something as sophisticated as drawing and sheathing the right swords on your own.

This happens to me too, probably 10 times in 70 hours of playing. Luckily, I've survived each time, buts its been real close before. Once I get locked on fists, I cant seem to break away to pull sword.

Top Bottom