Why does it have to end?

+
After the storyline, I was disappointed that V's journey ends. I was hoping to be able to continue rping my own story in Night City. Like Skyrim or Fallout 4, where the protagonist continues their journey and the player can create their story through repeatables and undiscovered new areas.

It definitely takes away the player's ability to create their own stories. Plus endless quests gives players the ability to continue their characters in a rp world they create for themselves. For instance, teaming with Max Tac and fight cyberpsychos and able to get full Max Tac cybernetics and gear. Or you can run with the Trauma team and extract corpo rats from fire fights or kidnappings, also rewarded with Trauma team gear. How about playing as a NCPD officer and taking down criminal elements in the game and also obtaining unique NCPD gear. Or being pursued by Saka ninjas throughout Night City, since the protagonist has a bounty on their head still. Taking jobs for Militech or Arasaka, depending on the player's choices in the game, getting their gear. Romanced characters getting into trouble in Night City.

I find games that give players more room to create worlds for themselves are more rewarding than limiting to just the story, side quests and thanks for playing.

Cyberpunk is not this kind of game and it have nothing to do with I could find great :)
In my case, endless quests are very boring and it don't push me to play more. Like in Fallout or Skyrim, after the end of the main story, either I restart at the beginning, either I play another game. So matter of tastes.

I found myself starting a new game in TW3 shortly after finishing the main plot because I wanted to experience Yen's romance, playing as Ciri, Bald Mountain and Through Space and Time again, so in the end the only point to continue playing after is to fool around in the sandbox. I prefer playing with a purpose so not for me

It definitely comes down to what the consumer wants and what sells in the end.
In fact, if I look the stats on Xbox for Cyberpunk, only 25% of players have completed the main story (which is the higher % that I have ever see or almost). So in short, 75% of players won't play "more" longer after completing the endings, because they haven't completed any...

Like to see those stats.
To be sure I don't lie, a photo
(The Star, The world and bonus Kerry^^)
IMG_1935.jpg

No worries, I believe it. But I'm trying to find the stats on all systems. Say PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox.

Not that I'm trashing Xbox users, but I don't see a lot of RPG players on Xbox. I mostly hear about FPS action games being popular on console systems, so the attention span is mostly about beating the game. But I could be wrong and I'm trying to research statistics online by sales, active players, and how much of the game is completed per each system.

No worries, I believe it. But I'm trying to find the stats on all systems. Say PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox.

Not that I'm trashing Xbox users, but I don't see a lot of RPG players on Xbox. I mostly hear about FPS action games being popular on console systems, so the attention span is mostly about beating the game. But I could be wrong and I'm trying to research statistics online by sales, active players, and how much of the game is completed per each system.
I think it's almost the same on all platform.
And for almost all the other games, it's around 10% at max (so Cyberpunk have pretty good stats in general).

Well I definitely will have to get back to you on that. Going to look up their stats. But for now I have nothing to counter those numbers.

I don't see why having a raidiant-like mission system is a terrible idea for this game.

* It allows you to continue to explore and enjoy the massive world that was created.
* The world feels more alive
* Opportunity to increase funds for frivolous things such as car collecting, respec, etc.

Also, when I completed my first play-through just recently, (I bought/played after 1.3.1), once I completed the main quest, I never had an option to return back to the game to enjoy the new items I collected while finishing the game. And even IF I had been able to go back, there would be practically no reason to use them as I had completed just about every side quest given.

Night City is a huge, beautiful map. Offering incentives to continue playing offers longevity, and more so with mods that can be added if that's your thing. I do not use mods in 'this' game, but with a radiant system, I also have seen the benefit in similar Open World Games that have allowed buyers to endlessly enjoy the world that was created.

So it's a little bit higher, but not that much (a vaste majority didn't complete the game...)
The world - 32.7%
Wow... that's pretty high for story driven game and ~7% is huge! Something curious I spotted on Xbox app 33,37% of players talked with Hanako and I wonder stuff like Panzer getting stuck in certain situation and that and that on PC players have access to mods and that.

For me, things come to an end. I don't miss more random missions.

I don't see why having a raidiant-like mission system is a terrible idea for this game.
No one said that it's a "terrible idea". For me (matter of tastes), it's "boring quests" whitout any story at all (go kill enemies, go pick up an item, again, again and again). Quests that I never do in any games and a feature who don't push me to play more longer after completing the main quest.

It's only a CDPR decision to "manually" made all of the quests in their game (and it's only my opinion, but radiant quests without story don't match in a story driven game).

I think they should set it up so after you do the heist you need to rush to the end, and make all the other quest available before that point. I would definitely not go on car racing, or small quest when my life is on the line. But they could change it to have all the quest available before the heist and some other quests after (depending of the ending chosen).

I think they [c.d.red] could have added both as an option. Some of us want to continue the game after the main quest was Finished as well as to add the game plus mode that they are already planning to add. it was originally supposed to be a open world r.p.g not A action-adventure game in their own promise before the game was released If you had paid attention, you would have already known this fact. So How is adding the [option] to continue after main quest forcing you to continue ? You will still have the option for game plus or and to start over so don't try to ruin the game by trying to force your narrow-minded opinion on the rest of us for hopping that the dev's will add the option for sandbox after main questline.
Cyberpunk is not this kind of game and it have nothing to do with I could find great :)
In my case, endless quests are very boring and it don't push me to play more. Like in Fallout or Skyrim, after the end of the main story, either I restart at the beginning, either I play another game. So matter of tastes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom