Why does it have to end?

+
No one said that it's a "terrible idea". For me (matter of tastes), it's "boring quests" whitout any story at all (go kill enemies, go pick up an item, again, again and again). Quests that I never do in any games and a feature who don't push me to play more longer after completing the main quest.

It's only a CDPR decision to "manually" made all of the quests in their game (and it's only my opinion, but radiant quests without story don't match in a story driven game).

Adding in radiant-like missions through the Police or even Gangs still maintains the overall story. No, it doesn't contribute to the main quest itself but being asked through radiant tasks to take care of Crime reports or to assist one gang with a rival gang isn't unlike any of the other side quests given out when we get the call while passing or approaching the scene of a crime.

I feel that it can add longevity to the game for those who would like to continue exploring and playing in Night City.

But hey, there is hope for those who want this kind of features :)
If on day, there is a multiplayer mode, I can't imagine CDPR "manually" make hundreds of quests for keep players "busy". Endless/radiant quests would certainly be the way to go. So for those who want keep playing after finishing the game (the main story and all of the solo content), it should be perfect ;)

Its like asking why does this book have to end?

Its just a way it is. You may roam through Night City as long as you want but there has to be an end in content at some point.

But hey, there is hope for those who want this kind of features :)
If on day, there is a multiplayer mode, I can't imagine CDPR "manually" make hundreds of quests for keep players "busy". Endless/radiant quests would certainly be the way to go. So for those who want keep playing after finishing the game (the main story and all of the solo content), it should be perfect ;)

Its like asking why does this book have to end?

Its just a way it is. You may roam through Night City as long as you want but there has to be an end in content at some point.
Yeah, topic illustrates though how different players can experience core components that made that experience very differently. Did a book / tv-show / a movie contributed towards understanding real world or finding new ways to use previously learned knowledge in that context. That's sort of a journey that never ends.

Doing combat scenarios over and over, well I guess that's one way to look at it too.

I equally hope and fear the day they might add the "play freely" option. Hope because I don't want the game to really end and fear because it could potentially consume obscene amounts of time for me. :eek:

If they keep their "promise" about moding tools this will be a moot point for a lot of players. I am very surprised they did not just throw in a one or two game mechanics for players that want to keep playing their great game. It is not that hard, I did it for Fallout 4 as a mod (mechanics to help keep playing forever) and I am a lame programmer.

Wait, oh I know why they did not, I forgot that originally they were going to put multiplier in this. :(

Um, what was it now? Remind me what is the conventual wisdom on what is in store for this game from the DEV? I did hear they may do a soft reboot and change the name of the game. I think that is just educated guess however.

edit: ok nevermind this answered my question more or less:

Last edited:
Top Bottom