Why does Johnny hate Arasaka specifically?

+
https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Rockerboy_(Sourcebook) could this be it? Found some old stuff from 2013 even :D

Hm! I guess unless I buy it, the only connection we have is this description of, "A Humorous article included called Hitler was a Rockerboy, looks at the question of "What is a Rockerboy" and how they came to be." but humorous suggest it's not to be taken as literally? Anyone have said sourcebook to verify? And more importantly, verify where Silverhand fits in it?

Saburo: "People of Night City, I've beeing lying to you all this time. Arasaka is not a japanese company, neither I am japanese. I just made some surgery in my eyes, and in my son's and daughter's eyes, so, you know, people could buy our trendy stuff, because japanese stuff is trendy. I've been implanting dark hair too, and I use some colored lens. I have blonde hair and blue eyes. My bad. But continuing buying Blondesaka stuff people"

Johnny: "Oh, my bad, I never noticed that. You can continue to suck the life of the citizens of Night City, opressing the poor, killing the farms, destroying the water, and hunting your enemies, forcing them to abandon the city, to become nomads, and so on. You can still do your dirty work using the Tyger Claws (more like Lynx Claws now, TBH), corrupting the police system, promoting corporate wars and convincing people to make an engram of themselves, so you can steal their knowledge. That's all great. The only grudge I had against the old Arasaka was those terrible eyes, thank God you're not japanese."

:coolstory: :smart:

Tbh i wouldent be suprised if it was true. Back in 1989 you could be alot more edgy then today and cyberpunk is kinda all about taking society to the edge. Kinda weird that i cant find anything about it tho.

It's revealed later what happened to Alt but even before that he seemed to have a grudge specifically against them. I get that his wartime experience would've made him hate the corps but you'd think he would focus more on Millitech considering they're the ones who are based in America and, iirc, the ones who abandoned vets like him once they were no longer useful.

he only took major action against arasaka after they went after alt. all his grandstanding about oppression is really just an excuse to take revenge on behalf of alt. if they didn't come after him and his, he would have treated them just like militech, biotechnica, etc. write songs about them and shit on them verbally, but nothing else.

Like any one link, any source whatsoever I'd be interested in. I'm seriously not finding any of this on internet searches, and the game even comes with the cyberpunk 2020 pdf in the install folder.

Yeah the base rulebook does not really go into depth about any of the characters, as I said you will need to look at the supplemental material for more information, links to this sort of thing aren't impossible to find and you can find PDFs of the source books but I won't post the links here as they are all on less than reputable websites and I am pretty sure it is against the TOS to post links to pirated material on these forums.

Johnny is a narcissistic a-hole in so many ways... But a racist? No. Not in the game at least.

Yeah the base rulebook does not really go into depth about any of the characters, as I said you will need to look at the supplemental material for more information, links to this sort of thing aren't impossible to find and you can find PDFs of the source books but I won't post the links here as they are all on less than reputable websites and I am pretty sure it is against the TOS to post links to pirated material on these forums.
Well if you can find a fragment that shows what you are saying you can provide a quote. Quotes are not copyvio

Johnny is a narcissistic a-hole in so many ways... But a racist? No. Not in the game at least.

Well if you can find a fragment that shows what you are saying you can provide a quote. Quotes are not copyvio

Yeah like, I'm very skeptical because this would've definitely came up before in articles if this game tried to retconn a neo nazi. And quoting a source isn't a TOS violation.

he only took major action against arasaka after they went after alt. all his grandstanding about oppression is really just an excuse to take revenge on behalf of alt. if they didn't come after him and his, he would have treated them just like militech, biotechnica, etc. write songs about them and shit on them verbally, but nothing else.

Johnny is an Edgerunner in addition to being a Rockerboy. When he needed Eddies for his band, he'd take on anti-corporate contracts.

But he was usually working for Corpos while doing it.

So hypocrite.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah like, I'm very skeptical because this would've definitely came up before in articles if this game tried to retconn a neo nazi. And quoting a source isn't a TOS violation.

Yes, Johnny was a raging misogynist and they preserved that element perfectly.

Yeah like, I'm very skeptical because this would've definitely came up before in articles if this game tried to retconn a neo nazi.

That would require actual journalism though and I don't think games journalists are really willing to sift through old rulebooks to find their latest clickbait headline.

I mean you could read the source books yourself if you really want to know

That would require actual journalism though and I don't think games journalists are really willing to sift through old rulebooks to find their latest clickbait headline.

I mean you could read the source books yourself if you really want to know

Look - in the age of misinformation, dropping random inflammatory remarks then telling everyone else to do the research to support your thinking isn't exactly convincing me to take this seriously anymore. If you've read these things, it would mean you have access to them, meaning some quotes from some sources would be totally reasonable to provide.

Look man I tried to post a quote for you but the moderators deleted it which I kind of knew they would, if you are truly interested about reading about Johnny Silverhand then just buy the sourcebooks, the information isn't hard to find, even the blurb of the Rockerboy points out the link between the rockerboy and Nazi Ideology

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Look man I tried to post a quote for you but the moderators deleted it which I kind of knew they would, if you are truly interested about reading about Johnny Silverhand then just buy the sourcebooks, the information isn't hard to find, even the blurb of the Rockerboy points out the link between the rockerboy and Nazi Ideology
[...]
At first I assumed you were a genious troll, but looks like you are merely a honest, knowledgable forum poster.

Last edited by a moderator:

[...]

[...] The hitler article thing is stated as humorous, so IDK if that counts. I mean it's fine we can drop the whole thing. I was semi-interested, but not spend money to go on a wild goose chase level interested (I dont even have names of which books this appears in specifically).

[...] The hitler article thing is stated as humorous, so IDK if that counts. I mean it's fine we can drop the whole thing. I was semi-interested, but not spend money to go on a wild goose chase level interested (I dont even have names of which books this appears in specifically).

I don't know what you want from me mun, I have already given you all the information that I can without breaking the TOS, if you don't want to believe and have no interest in fact checking when you are given the sources then that is your prerogative. Just go with the CDPR version of Johnny, the cleaned up version with the black hair, was just trying to give yall context for why Johnny hated Arasaka specifically as opposed to other corporations which is the topic of this thread.

Move onto what? Another thread? If you want to move onto a different topic then sure go ahead and create a new thread but the topic of this thread is why Johnny hates Arasaka.

Yes and beyond the racism accusation, there's plenty more to discuss.

First of all, Corp is the super evil in CP worlds
The game not show it well, but it's true that if there is a score of evil, corp will have 10000/100.
Because of they shape the world, every evil you seen in the game is corp's will.
They can make the world better, but them need it to be a shit.
The Origin Of Evil
If we keep talking this, we will go to politics about Karl Marx, the Alienation theory of How Capital make a human unhuman.
Do you know why the tech is high and life is low? Because human can't create value for capital anymore, capital use tech to create value and make the economy run between themselves, so that capital won't pay for people. This shit force people to consume eachother, which shown as "NC lose 30% population last year".
Remember the truth about joy toy, It's even a good job, because that is one of the rare field that people still have value.
Let's turn it back, Arasaka is the biggest corp of NC at Johnney's age, which make NC a freedom city at America, otherwise it should be the land of Militech.
So he hate Arasaka more is reasonable, and I believe he hate Militech either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom