Why does Keanu's in-game model look so bad?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
1579934893567.png

Question to devs - has Keanu's in-game model been improved over the past few months?

Because its not a real person model. Its a flickering semi transparent digital model. How good he looks would depend on different background color and lightning I presume.

This could be a place-holder, just made with the CC resources rather than the face mapping and stuff, right? It doesn't really look like Keanu and I don't see how that could have been caused by an error by CDPR.

Why isn't he blonde?

Out of game reason; 'Cuz Keanu isn't blonde.

In game reason; Johnny has rented space in other heads before inside V's. As a consequence of this, his appearance has been altered.

It could also be due to the no-cloning theorem, a quantum physics effect that prevents the perfect replication of a thing. So that when SoulKiller uploaded Johnny's mind, his avatar became a brunette.

Or it could be a combination of the two, so that every time the biochip compiles Johnny's avatar, his appearance is sligthly altered. Until now, when he looks like Keanu.

Or it could be a combination of the two, so that every time the biochip compiles Johnny's avatar, his appearance is sligthly altered. Until now, when he looks like Keanu.
Or it's a Constantine Effect - there's no explanation for that change of style, it's just for the sake of Keanu being Keanu and Keanu doesn't look good with blonde hair. Wait until shocking reveal of Johnny Silverhand playing bass because Keanu IRL was a bassist.

Maybe Johnny is secretly a bad guy and the model reflects that.

(I don't think the model looks bad considering it's a hologram and from WIP material, but commenting that was just too tempting. :p )

On a somewhat related note, I hope Cyberpunk's entire story and gameplay isn't too heavily twisted to fit the "HEY GUYS ITS KEANU REEVES HERE" thing. I get it game. You got THE LEGEND, the MAN, The MYTH, KEANU REEVES!!!!!11111

Good for you. Now don't shove it down my throat every 5 seconds plzkthx.

On a somewhat related note, I hope Cyberpunk's entire story and gameplay isn't too heavily twisted to fit the "HEY GUYS ITS KEANU REEVES HERE" thing. I get it game. You got THE LEGEND, the MAN, The MYTH, KEANU REEVES!!!!!11111

Good for you. Now don't shove it down my throat every 5 seconds plzkthx.

They got plenty of celebs included. And I don't think Mike would like something like that anyway. Neither would CDPR, they seem hell-bent on being lore-consistent and immersive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom