Why does Sihil still exist?

+
It's a great concept really. I love that card.

BUT. It's as you said, too strong of an engine when bronze card are quite strong atm.

That's the MAIN problem. Not that Sihil is strong, the bronze units you play after it is strong these days due to point inflation that once it gets rolling, it's gg.

It's a great concept really. I love that card.

BUT. It's as you said, too strong of an engine when bronze card are quite strong atm.

That's the MAIN problem. Not that Sihil is strong, the bronze units you play after it is strong these days due to point inflation that once it gets rolling, it's gg.
Actually, I strongly believe the problem is Sihil. It can be a reasonably fun card in maybe 5% of matches where the opposing deck has some, but not too much, counterplay with multiple unit boost, self damage, defenders, armor granting, etc. But all other matches are entirely dependent on match up. Basically, if Sihil gets established early enough, the deck is unbeatable, if it can’t get set up, it loses. That would be the case if it were followed by 1 point tokens.

Moreover, I maintain that even the best bronze cards are still too weak relative to top cards — which creates the situation where who ever draws the most top cards always wins because better game play rarely makes up a 20 point difference between top gold cards and bronzes.

Even if it were true that strong bronze cards cause the problem with Sihil, I would gladly give up a card that is fun in 5% of matches for game play that is more strategy dependent.

Last edited:
It would be a decent concept, if this "neutral" card could actually work in all factions and had outcomes other than: either it's completely dead or it plays for absurd 50 points of damage out of turn. As it is, it's complete toxic garbage. It does not contribute anything positive to the game as designed.

Mm well I agree with the two posts above.

I have to include several cards that either transform, kill, boost 3 units simultaneously in order to counter SK / NG Sihil decks.

My advice is ALWAYs boost or kill an NG spy 1 power unit if they play it early

Put Lacerate and/or Armorer's Workshop into deck with some sort of special card draw.

This would help greatly against Sihil decks. I actually find pleasure in going against Sihil decks since I love countering it so hard they GG before end of round 1.

Seriously, why is this still a thing? What's the purpose of the rework?
Isn't this game already a coin flip simulator? Right now your deck can either deal with it or lose on the spot, the match is decided in the deck builder and there is no point in playing.
I'm playing sihil with pirates and patricidal fury and i agree it should be less powerful, like add more conditions to make it increase power

Sihil is too strong against some archetype decks, I play Wild Hunt with nova frost and I almost never win against Skellige - Sihil, in my opinion the card is quite unbalanced and not fun to play against if this is the case, is just watching how the rival slowly kills down all your strong cards.

Mm well I agree with the two posts above.

I have to include several cards that either transform, kill, boost 3 units simultaneously in order to counter SK / NG Sihil decks.

Put Lacerate and/or Armorer's Workshop into deck with some sort of special card draw.

This would help greatly against Sihil decks. I actually find pleasure in going against Sihil decks since I love countering it so hard they GG before end of round 1.

Sihil is too strong against some archetype decks, I play Wild Hunt with nova frost and I almost never win against Skellige - Sihil, in my opinion the card is quite unbalanced and not fun to play against if this is the case, is just watching how the rival slowly kills down all your strong cards.
A defender is useful against it, especially the deck everyone play with SK
They have nothing in the deck to ban, purify or move it, some have the chaman but it to purify the leader ability to use it twice with Fucusya

This has nothing to do with the bronzes in your deck, even if you fill your deck with Elder Bears, if they gain "Deploy: Deal 10 damage to an enemy" you win the game.
The way to beat Sihil isn't to outvalue it, it's to deny it.

Did you even read my post? Do you understand the problem?
Nobody asked for your advice, beating it isn't the problem, i'm talking about the binary non-games this card creates where you pretty much know if you won or lost from turn 1.
If you can accurately predict who's going to win a game from TURN 1, then what's the point of playing? Your decisions don't matter.

This has nothing to do with the bronzes in your deck, even if you fill your deck with Elder Bears, if they gain "Deploy: Deal 10 damage to an enemy" you win the game.
The way to beat Sihil isn't to outvalue it, it's to deny it.

Did you even read my post? Do you understand the problem?
Nobody asked for your advice, beating it isn't the problem, i'm talking about the binary non-games this card creates where you pretty much know if you won or lost from turn 1.
If you can accurately predict who's going to win a game from TURN 1, then what's the point of playing? Your decisions don't matter.
Then MAYBE you are the problem not the game. MAYBE you don't know how to build a deck to counter other decks???
MAYBE you don't know how to use strategy but just build a deck blindly.
I am giving you advice but you are CHOOSING to lose. THat's your CHOICE.

IF you decide to only drive straight and there is a cliff in front, then yes your decision don't matter because however fast you drive you will go over the cliff. SO how about you install some function in your car that allow you to steer left or right?

So how about rather than asking others to read your post, you learn to read other people's replies and think more critically.

If there are no counters to a card then that's a real problem. BUt if there are, why not incorporate them into your deck?
There are many cards that are "imbalanced" but that's a different problem.

Again. If you go to war without weapons, yes probably your decisions won't matter cause you will be shot and killed. SO how about you train and get some weapons on your own so you do stand a chance?

Then MAYBE you are the problem not the game. MAYBE you don't know how to build a deck to counter other decks???
MAYBE you don't know how to use strategy but just build a deck blindly.
I am giving you advice but you are CHOOSING to lose. THat's your CHOICE.

IF you decide to only drive straight and there is a cliff in front, then yes your decision don't matter because however fast you drive you will go over the cliff. SO how about you install some function in your car that allow you to steer left or right?

So how about rather than asking others to read your post, you learn to read other people's replies and think more critically.

If there are no counters to a card then that's a real problem. BUt if there are, why not incorporate them into your deck?
There are many cards that are "imbalanced" but that's a different problem.

Again. If you go to war without weapons, yes probably your decisions won't matter cause you will be shot and killed. SO how about you train and get some weapons on your own so you do stand a chance?
Or MAYBE you're incapable of understanding a simple post. Seriously If you have nothing intelligent to say, then don't say anything at all, NOBODY asked for advice here.

To Luliandrel.

To answer your simple question:
Yes it is still a thing.
Why?
Because you can deal with it.

"Right now your deck can either deal with it or lose on the spot"-Luliandrel

I actually find pleasure in going against Sihil decks since I love countering it so hard they GG before end of round 1.

NG Sihil = No counter.
Trust me, it's is VERY difficult to counter NG with Sihil.
THey have too many 1 or 2 point spys and SOMEHOW the initiate does not triger when they play using their NG units.
Initiate means they have to play it first, but I have seen that trigger even when they play it when it's not the first card played with NG all the time.
I just GG and quit cause it's boring.

Just gonna leave this here.

That is truth that NG sihil is much better than skellige sihil due to additional control options - bronze locks and leader ability - and well played sihil is very strong aechetype. And from my expirience unwinnable matches for sihil are Ketullis and bear ritual, and almost unwinnable against NR grace knights and syndycate bounties and lined pockets due to candle. Other matchups are possible to win and depend on skill and good draw.
There is one truth about sihil though- sihil is way stronger against control oriented decks than against greedy decks, pointslam is somewhere in the middle. So if You just play heavy control oriented deck on Your own and enjoying fact of wiping out opponents board like warriors, pirates, elves or many others , sihil will do the same to You. In conclusion - if You dont run control deck with only domage no boosts, You have chances against sihil or even advantage against it, the rest is decided in Your and opponent skill. But if You run control deck on Your own and than complain on sihil that exisis, it sounds like a thieve screaming: Catch the thieve, because sihil is doing the exackly the same oppresive thing than You, just does it better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom