Why Does V Have New York Accent?

+
The game is set south of the Bay Area and his accent sounds a lot like a native San Franciscan. It's not immersion breaking at all if you're from here and know that San Francisco and souther California have different, distinct dialects.

Nothing against Male actor V, but after just a few minutes I had to switch back to female actor V.

male eng v sometimes sounds really weird and unnaturally
but compared to the russian translation it is good

male eng v sometimes sounds really weird and unnaturally
but compared to the russian translation it is good

The italian one isn't bad.
Interestingly he sounds a lot like someone from Milan, which does not surprise me.

Last edited:
The italian one isn't bad either.
Interestingly he sounds a lot like someone from Milan, which does not surprise me.
i mean russian is really bad
a lot of foul language where there is none at all in the english version
50 likes, 81 dislikes lol

i mean russian is really bad
a lot of foul language where there is none at all in the english version
50 likes, 81 dislikes lol
Fortunately this “celebrities” voiced side characters you can even overlook or don’t remember.

Fortunately this “celebrities” voiced side characters you can even overlook or don’t remember.
still awful for everyone npc in the game
no voice of keanu, really bad v, only jackie and nina is ok
badcomedian also is really awful, he confessed himself

still awful for everyone npc in the game
no voice of keanu, really bad v, only jackie and nina is ok
badcomedian also is really awful, he confessed himself
Agreed about Badcomedian - very bad acting, he has admitted it recently.
Debatable about Kianu - he could be good voiced by actor who voiced Geralt in W3 and Kianu in many movies with his participation. But he voiced radio presenter Stanley.
But current Kianu is also acceptable.
I liked male V, Panam, Judy, don’t know about fem V

The game is set south of the Bay Area and his accent sounds a lot like a native San Franciscan. It's not immersion breaking at all if you're from here and know that San Francisco and souther California have different, distinct dialects.

Born and raised in the Bay Area, we do not sound like we're from New York. Maybe that's how a very specific group of people sound like in SF, and it sounds like that was from a long time ago, because that is not the standard. AT ALL. I was very disappointed with how Male V sounds (which sounds like he's from Philly or something to me, I don't know exactly, don't come for me, but he sounds like he's from the East Coast). I think that was his best gruff, inner city sounding American accent, which isn't what a typical "inner city" Bay accent will sound like.

In the Bay, you're either so slanged up there's no doubt you're from here, you have that "General American" accent, or you fall somewhere in between. Let's see how people from the Bay can sound like:

Honestly, this is very immersion breaking. The male voice actor has a heavy New York or Philly accent and that's not accurate for US West Coast.

Really? So you're saying it's immersion breaking and not accurate for people to have moved from one coast to another? That once you reach the left coast, you immediately install cyberware to change your accent to fit?

:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Thought the guy did just as good as the female the more i play tbh

If anythings wrong its the same for both and can be put down to editing and/or direction giving by the ppl doing that

Case in point blowing up the power plant and Panam asks how it makes you feel, both male and female sound like idiots in there reply and its nothing to do with eithers voice acting but in how they've been directed to say it or how it was edited in.

I'll no get into regional dialect as tbh i've no got a clue on them not being from the US, but being Scottish believe me i've heard plenty bad scots accents being portrait on telly and more so in game

Top Bottom