Why don't we have a Monster Witcher Card?

+
With all the witcher cards added in previous expansions, it's always puzzled me why the Monster faction hasn't had a Witcher card.

Obviously not a regular witcher because of lore but something like Mad Kiyan from the game who was experimented on and possessed by a demon.

Because MO cards are all creatures arriving from the conjunction of spheres.
Witchers are by definition not able to fullfill that requirement, given that they are originally humans that were already there before the conjunction of spheres takes place.
Admittedly though the boundaries are a bit unclear with Giant Toad, given that that one also was a human before being cursed, however unlike the Giant Toad witchers do retain some part of who they were before they became Witchers.

Because MO cards are all creatures arriving from the conjunction of spheres.
Witchers are by definition not able to fullfill that requirement, given that they are originally humans that were already there before the conjunction of spheres takes place.
Admittedly though the boundaries are a bit unclear with Giant Toad, given that that one also was a human before being cursed, however unlike the Giant Toad witchers do retain some part of who they were before they became Witchers.
As you've already pointed out there are already cursed cards classified as Monsters. Not just the Toad Prince but also cursed Werewolves as well among others. Witchers don't exactly consider themselves human to begin with either. Many seem offended by the comparison in fact.

And correct me if I'm wrong but The Aen Elle aren't monsters however the wild hunt are in that faction. So there are plenty of exceptions to this. Adding a corrupted or deceised/possessed witcher seems more than fitting for the MO faction.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Witchers KILL Monsters. Its in their job description.
What would a Monster Witcher kill? :shrug:

In the Way of the Witcher expansion design they didnt see MO as a faction fit to receive witchers lore-wise, they would have to make up another fictional witcher school. I guess they could create a one-off MO witcher, but it would be some random, probably no name, new character without others to support it.

Witchers KILL Monsters. Its in their job description.
What would a Monster Witcher kill? :shrug:

In the Way of the Witcher expansion design they didnt see MO as a faction fit to receive witchers lore-wise, they would have to make up another fictional witcher school. I guess they could create a one-off MO witcher, but it would be some random, probably no name, new character without others to support it.
I'm not sure if you didn't read the entire post. I think I already addressed everything you're asking.

Lore wise Elves aren't monsters either. I recall this very discussion when wild hunt were announced as MO cards but they were close enough where it didn't matter.

Also there already exists a witcher in the Witcher 3 game that was mutated to the point of being unrecognizable. Even if they created a new Witcher that's nothing new. Many of the witchers from way of the Witcher expansion are created just for the game or given some vague names like witcher apprentice or something.

I'm sure there are plenty of witcher boys that were killed or possessed during the trials. The world is open enough for the devs to be creative in however they want to represent that for a MO faction card. All it requires is some out of the box thinking. Besides, not sure why we're pretending other factions don't have cards that already break lore anyway.

I'm not sure if you didn't read the entire post. I think I already addressed everything you're asking.

Lore wise Elves aren't monsters either. I recall this very discussion when wild hunt were announced as MO cards but they were close enough where it didn't matter.

Also there already exists a witcher in the Witcher 3 game that was mutated to the point of being unrecognizable. Even if they created a new Witcher that's nothing new. Many of the witchers from way of the Witcher expansion are created just for the game or given some vague names like witcher apprentice or something.

I'm sure there are plenty of witcher boys that were killed or possessed during the trials. The world is open enough for the devs to be creative in however they want to represent that for a MO faction card. All it requires is some out of the box thinking. Besides, not sure why we're pretending other factions don't have cards that already break lore anyway.
The Aen Aelle are from a completely different world and arrive AFTER the conjunction of spheres (and strictly speaking they still live in a different world, being invaders that get reinforcements from their home world).
Since they are not native to the world in which the witchers exist they are classified as part of the MO faction.

They've already been MO Card's in the Witcher 3 in-Game Gwint where it imho kinda makes sense if you consider that one of the People living in the Witcher Universe must have invented the Card Game at some point and that the common folk didn't really know what they truly are*.

The Wild Hunt, or Wraiths of Mörhogg as they are called in Skellige, was widely believed to be a group of specters galloping in the sky. They were described by common folk as a cavalcade of wraiths on undead horses galloping across the sky and serving as an omen of war.

[...]

As for the "Monsters Witcher" - well, the very Villentretenmerth likes to think about himself as a sort of "draconian witcher", fighting to save dragonkind from all threats, including humans.
So, there is at least one candidate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Half the thread deleted as total off-topic. Please at least try to stay on topic.

Additionally, if you are only here to start arguments and/or derail threads, you are better off not posting in the first place.

Top Bottom