Why Gigs in Cyberpunk feels like a serious downgrade from Witcher contracts...

+
As already said, one problem may be the UI/Map.
At the beginning I walked to a "?" - Monkquest. Not that hot, but okay.
Mainstory, Sidequest. "Hey, I make another "?".... hack, kill, steal, hack, kill, steal, hack, kill, steal - WTF?! I enter the map and everything is full of ????????????????? And maybe there are a few not so stupid quests, but the chance that I can buy a car, or hack, kill, steal is even higher.
So, stopped that BS.
I don't know why the didn't sort that out. Maybe a little car, color-Icon or just a filter, for god sake.
That would be the first step.

Literally the same thing as Deus Ex, Kill, read, access computer, even the level setup is pretty similar. For an interactive video game, I don't like to have too much reading. I thought it will go away as game design evolve. Most of the shards are not important to the story and there is no way to differentiate it. I like to have a auto voice like audible if possible.
I have an OCD to read everything in games. But those reading should be supplementary to the story. If a AAA game present most of it’s story through reading, it’s a problem. Specially when it’s predecessor, Witcher 3 did a better job at it with a far less of a budget.
Post automatically merged:

Mainstory, Sidequest. "Hey, I make another "?".... hack, kill, steal, hack, kill, steal, hack, kill, steal - WTF?! I enter the map and everything is full of ????????????????? And maybe there are a few not so stupid quests, but the chance that I can buy a car, or hack, kill, steal is even higher.
So, stopped that BS.
I don't know why the didn't sort that out. Maybe a little car, color-Icon or just a filter, for god sake.
Yes. There should be a different icons for Rides & Gigs. Tired of hovering the mouse pointer over icons to check whether it’s a gig.

I like the big battles 10+ enemies.

The little 3-5 guy missions are just annoying...

Honestly this game needs more missions with 30-50+ mobs in 1 mission.

So, stopped that BS.

agree on that point, i think gigs for fixers should get different icon, so non-fixer stuff could be recognized.. and there are plenty of side missions that you will miss completely if you dont search for them...

Honestly though, I prefer more cutscenes or dialogues than fighting a horde. However game should have a separate horde mode like feature to really test the capabilities of your build.

Honestly though, I prefer more cutscenes or dialogues than fighting a horde. However game should have a separate horde mode like feature to really test the capabilities of your build.
Am I alone in reading all the Shards?
I read everything in game. Some games bore me to death because of that. (Ex: Quantum Break)
Cyberpunk shards are interesting to read tho.
Post automatically merged:

This statement was made by senior quest designer Philip Weber, not CDPR's marketing department.
Don't know their definition of fetch quests but Gigs in Cyberpunk don't feel any different from countless check-list quests from a game like AC Odyssey or a MMO.

View attachment 11127368
So I have been playing Cyberpunk 2077 for nearly 120 hours since the release. I really enjoy certain parts of the game but I can't shake this feeling of the game been unfinished. Considering the quality of Witcher3 at launch, this game extremely dissapointed me. I didn't have unrealistic expectations like many other people. Instead the quality and quantity of Witcher 3 set my expectations.
One of those disappointing aspects is Gigs & Cyberpsychos. I adore Witcher 3 more than any other AAA game because it's attention to side quests like Witcher contracts. In those quests, you experience the same quality as the main quest with cutscenes, new locations & set pieces just like the main quest. However in Cyberpunk, there are Gigs and Cyberpsychos instead of Witcher contracts. These quests feel like a serious downgrade from Witcher 3. Most Gigs start by getting a call from a Fixer. Then instead of talking with a particular NPC & starting the quest in a natural way, Fixer gives us a huge exposition dump followed by more exposition in the journal. This feels completely against what Witcher did with most of the quests. Witcher 3 delivered exposition with dialogue from NPCs all over the map & sometimes reading letters that you loot. It was never robotic as a Fixer call & opening the journal. Also this system greatly reduces the emotional impact of those side stories. How Am I supposed to feel anything about a character that I only heard from a Fixer? No, I should be able to speak to the victim or his/her/their family before the quest to immerse myself in the story.
I don't know what exactly happened but this feel very Ubisoft-like. Maybe CDPR had to rush those side stuff to throw out the game in December.
Just like I said before I really enjoy the parts of this game. Quests like "Dream On" are 10/10. But I really don't wanna play these Gigs again in Cyberpunk immediately after finishing the game, like playing Witcher contracts in Witcher 3.

The fact that 99,9% of the time you cannot even try a social resolution / social infiltration doesn't help gigs to feel different from one to the other.

Last edited:
I agree, fixers could have been implemented better. The random calls and the fact that they ALL know your name right away just makes the whole mechanic rather...uninspired.

1. Fixers should be introduced gradually, as you work your way through NC Merc ranks. Low tier fixers could give you simple gigs and once you proved yourself, you get introduced to actual guys running things in the district. They would give you highly paid, dangerous and side-quest worthy jobs.

2. There should be some kind of faction system, with fixers being less likely to give you jobs or even becoming hostile if you work against their gangs or create mess in their districts.
Or a simple initial quest to unlock/meet the fixer in the local area first could have game more favour.
Like find the local fixer, ask around, be careful not to ask the wrong person.
Find the fixer, do them a favor so they see that you're competent, then when you are done, you unlock the other gigs for the area.

This could have give a much better flavour imo and would contribute to the feeling of progression as a small time solo.

Literally the same thing as Deus Ex, Kill, read, access computer, even the level setup is pretty similar. For an interactive video game, I don't like to have too much reading. I thought it will go away as game design evolve. Most of the shards are not important to the story and there is no way to differentiate it. I like to have a auto voice like audible if possible.
Deus ex handled side missions well. Cyberpunk 2077 was almost the Deus ex game I wanted. The upgrades/cyberware along with the open city were exactly what I wanted in a Deus ex game.

The problem I think stems from the faction logic behind the ncpd gigs. In Witcher 3 the "bandit" camps were logical...ok these are just random bandits ok they are all hostile, or monster nests yeah these things are monsters they'll attack you.
In CP77 the logic falls apart that these "nameless" gang members are all hostile when you get near them even though you may be working with fixers from the same gang factions.
Basically you'd expect more nuance from human enemies part of the various factions in NC than random monsters or rogue "bandits" on a map.

The problem I think stems from the faction logic behind the ncpd gigs. In Witcher 3 the "bandit" camps were logical...ok these are just random bandits ok they are all hostile, or monster nests yeah these things are monsters they'll attack you.
In CP77 the logic falls apart that these "nameless" gang members are all hostile when you get near them even though you may be working with fixers from the same gang factions.
Basically you'd expect more nuance from human enemies part of the various factions in NC than random monsters or rogue "bandits" on a map.
That's kinda breaks immersion but I can forgive Devs for that. But understand your why that bothers you.

Top Bottom