Why Gigs in Cyberpunk feels like a serious downgrade from Witcher contracts...

+
it sure was, but i didnt have 22 crashes with witcher 3 at launch either.
I experienced 2 crash in CP2077 at launch when my character land from the roof opening, and some area with Ping quick hack. After the 1.04 patch it went smooth. Any ideas what makes that 22 crash of yours?

The W3 I have similar amount of crash, with the gwent and sign casting, after three patches it went smooth.

But the bug I agree CP2077 have so much glaring bugs than W3.

Yeah, expecially the journal thing is bad. Getting exposition from text is never a good idea, it always feel detached from the game. The whole fixer system is half backed. Fixers in lore are important people with whom you need to establish a very trusty relationship. Instead in the game fixers just call you because they magically know you are in their territory, and after a brief introduction they start to spam you with jobs, just like that. It's really bad.

You should be able to instead unlock fixers organically based on Street Cred, and then meet them in person, with you calling them when you want to hit a job.

As they are right now, gigs feel like Ubisoft copy pastes busywork garbage. There's very little immersion and roleplaying to them. Witcher contracts, while inferior to gigs from a gameplay and level design point of view, were just way better presented.

seem about the same to me...there were sidequests which had story archs and just regular fetch quests just like Cyberpunk.
I don't remember any fetch quest in Witcher contracts. Even though there were quests like finding a book in a book store, that quest was tied to much bigger story. Even collecting Gwent cards, sometimes led to bigger quests like Sasha romance.
Post automatically merged:

Compared to all the other generic shit in other open world games, I think the gigs are pretty good.
Compared to some Ubisoft games, Gigs can be considered okay. However when comparing to Witcher 3, this is disappointing.

Am I alone in reading all the Shards?

The content of the shards is useless. They make no difference to the quest you are playing as, to V since the character never shows to gain knowledge from the content of the shards, and they feel like it's stuff written for the players and not for V.

I hate when lore is presented to you through text and not to your character as info it can be reacted to and interacted with

Yeah, expecially the journal thing is bad. Getting exposition from text is never a good idea, it always feel detached from the game. The whole fixer system is half backed. Fixers in lore are important people with whom you need to establish a very trusty relationship. Instead in the game fixers just call you because they magically know you are in their territory, and after a brief introduction they start to spam you with jobs, just like that. It's really bad.

You should be able to instead unlock fixers organically based on Street Cred, and then meet them in person, with you calling them when you want to hit a job.

As they are right now, gigs feel like Ubisoft copy pastes busywork garbage. There's very little immersion and roleplaying to them. Witcher contracts, while inferior to gigs from a gameplay and level design point of view, were just way better presented.
Exactly my point

The content of the shards is useless. They make no difference to the quest you are playing as, to V since the character never shows to gain knowledge from the content of the shards, and they feel like it's stuff written for the players and not for V.

I hate when lore is presented to you through text and not to your character as info it can be reacted to and interacted with
I remember those things been much useful in Witcher 3. There was quest about a witch & a girl trapped in a tree. Reading a book unlocked entire different paths for that quest.

They are not. Quests are done, they aren't going to animated characters and hire voice actors. Gigs are shit and they will like that forever.
Sadly, I think that's true. 😭

I came to play an Edgerunner.

An Edgerunner does crime for money.

Yeah, but in this setting two thing are important for an edgerunner. A good and trustworthy fixer, and a ripperdoc you can trust.

Who designed the open world content, did that without any regard for the lore, as we have access to multiple fixers and ripperdocs for free, basically.

There was quest about a witch & a girl trapped in a tree. Reading a book unlocked entire different paths for that quest.

Really? What quest?

Yeah, but in this setting two thing are important for an edgerunner. A good and trustworthy fixer, and a ripperdoc you can trust.

Who designed the open world content, did that without any regard for the lore, as we have access to multiple fixers and ripperdocs for free, basically.

Really? What quest?
Quest is called "A Knight's Tale". I remember that you neede to read a Fable to get the perfect ending.

The Witcher 3 still surprises me after 5 years. Blood & Wine really improved on the base game design, it's a shame CDPR seems to have learned nothing from it.
Glad to see somebody else noticing that. I thought I'm the only one.
CDPR really tried to give a meaning to those white question marks giving them context. Most question marks are tied to another quest like Wine Wars or Knight Errands. Those iimprovements are bafflingly absent in Cyberpunk.

Glad to see somebody else noticing that. I thought I'm the only one.
CDPR really tried to give a meaning to those white question marks giving them context. Most question marks are tied to another quest like Wine Wars or Knight Errands. Those iimprovements are bafflingly absent in Cyberpunk.
i think they've spent too much time thinking and figuring out how the game should look like and haven't figured it out till it was too late. In the end game fails in pretty much every aspect as each of those feels unfinished. You cannot make game that will do everything great. And good games don't need to be long and good games don't need to increase game length artificially with side content. For sure, i would enjoy game if it will be short let's say 8-10 hours, but every moment is great rather than 80 hrs where only 20-25 hrs are great and rest is filler, or game forces you to grind.

I greatly enjoyed shorter titles like deus ex md, quantum break, control - all of these are short, are not open world, etc

i think they've spent too much time thinking and figuring out how the game should look like and haven't figured it out till it was too late. In the end game fails in pretty much every aspect as each of those feels unfinished. You cannot make game that will do everything great. And good games don't need to be long and good games don't need to increase game length artificially with side content. For sure, i would enjoy game if it will be short let's say 8-10 hours, but every moment is great rather than 80 hrs where only 20-25 hrs are great and rest is filler, or game forces you to grind.

I greatly enjoyed shorter titles like deus ex md, quantum break, control - all of these are short, are not open world, etc
Cyberpunk feels like a game that should be longer than 25 hours either way.

Am I alone in reading all the Shards?
Problem is, the way shards are handled in the game is extremely lackluster. A lot of them are in some way connected to the place player find them in, but on the other hand, most of the time you find shards while doing some quests. So I'm in the middle of some rescue mission for the fixer, I find a ton of shards and I either have the option to read them as I find them, which kills the pace of the mission, or I save them to after I finish, which is tiresome when I'm flooded with a lot of text. I think they went with this abundance of shards simply becuse it was easier to write some text for it than develop some more sophisticated way of environmental storytelling.

View attachment 11127368
So I have been playing Cyberpunk 2077 for nearly 120 hours since the release. I really enjoy certain parts of the game but I can't shake this feeling of the game been unfinished. Considering the quality of Witcher3 at launch, this game extremely dissapointed me. I didn't have unrealistic expectations like many other people. Instead the quality and quantity of Witcher 3 set my expectations.
One of those disappointing aspects is Gigs & Cyberpsychos. I adore Witcher 3 more than any other AAA game because it's attention to side quests like Witcher contracts. In those quests, you experience the same quality as the main quest with cutscenes, new locations & set pieces just like the main quest. However in Cyberpunk, there are Gigs and Cyberpsychos instead of Witcher contracts. These quests feel like a serious downgrade from Witcher 3. Most Gigs start by getting a call from a Fixer. Then instead of talking with a particular NPC & starting the quest in a natural way, Fixer gives us a huge exposition dump followed by more exposition in the journal. This feels completely against what Witcher did with most of the quests. Witcher 3 delivered exposition with dialogue from NPCs all over the map & sometimes reading letters that you loot. It was never robotic as a Fixer call & opening the journal. Also this system greatly reduces the emotional impact of those side stories. How Am I supposed to feel anything about a character that I only heard from a Fixer? No, I should be able to speak to the victim or his/her/their family before the quest to immerse myself in the story.
I don't know what exactly happened but this feel very Ubisoft-like. Maybe CDPR had to rush those side stuff to throw out the game in December.
Just like I said before I really enjoy the parts of this game. Quests like "Dream On" are 10/10. But I really don't wanna play these Gigs again in Cyberpunk immediately after finishing the game, like playing Witcher contracts in Witcher 3.
I feel like they added a lot through notes around the scene, a few times I really laughed out loud when the notes around an area explained why the scene was so grizzly. And really IMO I love witcher 3 but only the actual monster contracts were interesting, and there wasn't that many of them - have played it 3 times.

Problem is, the way shards are handled in the game is extremely lackluster. A lot of them are in some way connected to the place player find them in, but on the other hand, most of the time you find shards while doing some quests. So I'm in the middle of some rescue mission for the fixer, I find a ton of shards and I either have the option to read them as I find them, which kills the pace of the mission, or I save them to after I finish, which is tiresome when I'm flooded with a lot of text. I think they went with this abundance of shards simply becuse it was easier to write some text for it than develop some more sophisticated way of environmental storytelling.
Witcher 3 did this better 5 years ago with a lesser budget

I feel like they added a lot through notes around the scene, a few times I really laughed out loud when the notes around an area explained why the scene was so grizzly. And really IMO I love witcher 3 but only the actual monster contracts were interesting, and there wasn't that many of them - have played it 3 times.
Yeah, but they much more intriguing. Cyberpunk Gigs feel like filler content.

Top Bottom